Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Jebus Moncreif has a didgeridoo and a sitar player on, I might be back for more dickie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

snubbleste wrote: »
    Is that a windmill on de eyepad and is he plugging that buke?

I see Dickie brought the apple and orange with him from the photo before the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

What is that purring noise Duffy makes?

It's his subconscious counting the fees as the seconds tick by.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

I bet Dickie isn't as tight with his own money as Duffy is.

Brian Darcy.

I knew it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Father Trendy has arrived!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

"emphasis on the 'fairy' "

GLEN on line 2 for you Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Not listening to what I presume is crap, but if one of ye is responsible for this then fair play to ye!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/FreePatHickey

pYy6gvMTZqg3Cno7c4Jw_BertieHickey3.jpg
    Pat Hickey is a servant of the Irish people and friend to all of us, RTE, Fianna Fáil, Denis O'Brien, Fionnan Sheehan, Leo Varadkar, Putin and Pat Rabbitte.

Pat, now aged 71 and infirm, has been smeared, humiliated and arrested in a half naked state for simply trying to make a few bob. Unnamed sources have shown evidence to the Irish Independent of links between the Brazilian Police and Sinn Féin. This conspiracy to destroy the reputation of a good man must be exposed and stopped now.

Pat has had his €800 per day payments stopped and is been given only three meals a day with a very limited menu. This inhumane treatment must stop and Pat Hickey must be flown back to Ireland immediately.

5 signatures so far, 995 to go.

Comments are class as well.
    COMMENTS
    Filter
    Joseph (Sepp) BlatterIreland, Dublin Aug 19, 2016 Agreed. The inhumanity of a not being allowed run a large sports organisation for self profit is unbelievable. The poor man deserves all our support.

Justice for Pat!
    Bertie AhernIreland, Cork Aug 19, 2016 Don't let the bastards get you down.
    Matt SlaterBrazil Aug 19, 2016 No man should be punished for running to his child's hotel room at 7am so he can have a bath.
    Ryan TubridyIreland Aug 19, 2016 Pat Hickey has been smeared by the Irish left while not being here to defend himself. Release Pat now. We need guests for the Late Late Show and Pat fits the bill.
    Miriam O'CallaghanIreland Aug 19, 2016 Pat Hickey is a genuinely good man who has shared brunch with the O'Callaghans on many genuinely wonderful occasions. We've a genuinley wonderful brown soda bread, organic smoked salmon and scrambled eggs waiting for him in Shanahan's on the Green when he returns, hopefully soon. And a couple of glasses of genuinely wonderful prosecco.

Back to death.

Duffy, get some professional help, ye ghoul!!!!!

"I'm going to Killarney tonight because of a girl in a wheelchair", says Dickie.

Nothing to do with the money, of course.

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    And woulda lookit who's sitting there too
    https://twitter.com/Liveline_RTE/status/766607037899870213

Just noticed the RTE-branded disposable coffee cups. Wonde rhow much they were so to speak?

RTE Buying Office: We need more disposable coffee cups. How much are they?
    Catering company: They start at €250 for 10,000units.
    RTE Buying Office: What colour are they?
    Catering company: They're just plain white
    RTE Buying Office: Have you anything fancier? We have some very high profile celebrities and important people coming in and out of here daily don't you know?
    Catering company: Well we have more expensive ones alright, it really depends on how much you want to pay and what you want on the cups?
    RTE Buying Office: Could we get the RTE logo on them?
    Catering company: Yes, but there's a 12 week lead time and they're very expensive
    RTE Buying Office: Don't worry about the price. How much are they?
    Catering company (after brief pause, and completely chancing his arm): How does €1,000 for 250units sound?
    RTE Buying Office: Like a bargain! We have a deal.
    Catering company (after another pause): The minimum order now is 10,000units.
    RTE Buying Office: So? Don't bore me with the details.
    Catering company: ooooookkkk, I'll do up the invoice then. That's 10,000units @ €1,000 per 250 = €400,000. Are you sure the plain white ones won't do?
    RTE Buying Office: What do you think we are, animals?

Red Kev wrote: »
    Not listening to what I presume is crap, but if one of ye is responsible for this then fair play to ye!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/FreePatHickey

pYy6gvMTZqg3Cno7c4Jw_BertieHickey3.jpg

5 signatures so far, 995 to go.

Comments are class as well.

That's class. We should do one on Duffy's fees so to speak....

Brian Darcy.

I knew it!!!

WELL DONE! WELL DONE!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I was looking for something on the floor of the car, Joe.
    Pat Hickey hides from photographers in the back of a police car after leaving Insituto de Criminalista Carlos Eboli Endereco Police Station going to Bangu prison in Rio de Janeiro.
    2016-08-19_iri_23912796_I1.JPG

Pat Hickey hides from photographers in the back of a police car after leaving Insituto de Criminalista Carlos Eboli Endereco Police Station going to Bangu prison in Rio de Janeiro.

Holy crap, they take things literally the Brazilians "Bangu Prison" or is it "Bang-U" Prison so to speak.

From wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangu,_Rio_de_Janeiro
    The neighborhood was originally part of the neighborhood of Bangu, the region where the penitentiary of Bangu is located, besides Bangu dump.

The Bangu Penitentiary Complex is a maximum security prison, composed of 17 penal units. Nine of them are penitentiaries (only the Talavera Bruce is a women's prison), one is a penal institute, four are safehouses, one is a penal sanatorium and there are two hospitals

Sounds nice. He should have stayed at home and kept his fingers in the till here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

For all the **** we have to put up with in this banana republic this scandal is glorious :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

Saying "pis$ed off" at 3:50 in the afternoon on rte 1

I hope Joe covers that Monday. Is that Kathryn Thomas?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,335 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is he passed out or has the heart condition disappeared overnight so to speak? Nobody unwell with heart problems should be in such an exerted position. No seat belt on either, the local constabulary might issue him with an on the spot fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Is he passed out or has the heart condition disappeared overnight so to speak? Nobody unwell with heart problems should be in such an exerted position. No seat belt on either, the local constabulary might issue him with an on the spot fine.
    I think he wants his bum out there again. Y'know like Kylie.

He's looking for tickets...,

• Advertisement

I've not been to prison myself but I'd say at 71 Pat will be fairly far down Bubba's list of prospective beeyatches so to speak.

Holy crap, they take things literally the Brazilians "Bangu Prison" or is it "Bang-U" Prison so to speak.

From wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangu,_Rio_de_Janeiro
    If that were Ireland, he'd be reclining on a chaise longue, listening to John Bowe performing Chopin in the Mountjoy V.I.P. Unit Training Unit, whilst Willie McAteer practiced his putting.

If that were Ireland, he'd be reclining on a chaise longue, listening to John Bowe performing Chopin in the Mountjoy V.I.P. Unit Training Unit, whilst Willie McAteer practiced his putting.

If that were Ireland he'd be at home, while a "file is sent to the DPP" and a cabal of politicians, media people and "personalities" jump to his defence and try to bury the whole saga. He'd have his passport as he'd hand in a written reference that he's a "very decent hard-working man" and would be free to fcuk off wherever he wants to.

In fact if that was Ireland nothing would have been done, the proof of that he's been pulling this stunt for decades and nothing has been done.

Ticket touting is welcomed here by the government, here's a minister opening up a new office for Viagogo, a known ticket touting company.

7d6cfcd4e5ebb770932b7b189bf98663.jpg--ribbon_cutting__opening_the_new_viagogo_operations_plant_were_ciara_palache__barry_o_dowd__ministers_richard_bruton_and_jan_o_sullivan__oliver_wheeler__edward_parkinson_and_geraldine_black__picture__press_22.jpg

Oddly enough Joe Duffy was ranting against ticketmaster touting tickets a few months ago, wasn't he? He seems to have forgotten that.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/music/outrage-official-ticketmaster-website-allows-6448456

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

If that were Ireland he'd be at home, while a "file is sent to the DPP" and a cabal of politicians, media people and "personalities" jump to his defence and try to bury the whole saga. He'd have his passport as he'd hand in a written reference that he's a "very decent hard-working man" and would be free to fcuk off wherever he wants to.

In fact if that was Ireland nothing would have been done, the proof of that he's been pulling this stunt for decades and nothing has been done.

Ticket touting is welcomed here by the government, here's a minister opening up a new office for Viagogo, a known ticket touting company.

7d6cfcd4e5ebb770932b7b189bf98663.jpg--ribbon_cutting__opening_the_new_viagogo_operations_plant_were_ciara_palache__barry_o_dowd__ministers_richard_bruton_and_jan_o_sullivan__oliver_wheeler__edward_parkinson_and_geraldine_black__picture__press_22.jpg

Oddly enough Joe Duffy was ranting against ticketmaster touting tickets a few months ago, wasn't he? He seems to have forgotten that.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/music/outrage-official-ticketmaster-website-allows-6448456

Lot of chaff thrown out there without any substance?

If that were Ireland he'd be at home, while a "file is sent to the DPP" and a cabal of politicians, media people and "personalities" jump to his defence and try to bury the whole saga.
    He'd probably be invited onto Marian Finucane too. She has a special place in her heart for his type. She seems to have a retainer on Frank Flannery.

In fact, I remember an interview Hickey did with Marian a few years back. He said he'd write a tell-all memoir after he retired. Plenty of time on his hands now.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the greedy little fecker probably spotted a penny on the floor

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

the greedy little fecker probably spotted a penny on the floor

The Stingiest Thread is that way
    >>>> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057136862
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭bossdrum

liam7831 wrote:
    Any chance Jimmy Magee will get a look in, will prob go off on a tangent about why they didn't take him to Rio

I heard him commentating on one of the soccer matches a couple of days ago. He must have been doing it from a studio in RTE so.
    Surely a lot more of them could have done the same as we never see them on screen anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

bossdrum wrote: »
    I heard him commentating on one of the soccer matches a couple of days ago. He must have been doing it from a studio in RTE so.
    Surely a lot more of them could have done the same as we never see them on screen anyway.

The whinging and bitching and moaning if they missed out on their junkets to foreign parts; we'd never hear the end of it.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

hear lads i was up to me arse in work yesterday.

did joe give us a two hour coveage of the hickey issue ?

:D:D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement