Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,833 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I decided to download the podcast of the dickie rock plug fest so to speak. Death early doors. Good man Joe. Did he call a man of 40 is "nearly a child" Jesus h Christ.

He apparently got married fairly quickly. Shotgun wedding so to speak ?

Daniel o donnell ? Oh Jesus here we go. Another Langer.

Lol at Daniel o Donnell saying to dickie rock "it's amazing you've had a career for that length of time." Same could be said for you Daniel. At least dickie rock is talented and was a big deal.

Wow count is up to four now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

bossdrum wrote: »
    I heard him commentating on one of the soccer matches a couple of days ago. He must have been doing it from a studio in RTE so.
    Surely a lot more of them could have done the same as we never see them on screen anyway.

That was painfully obvious in the rowing coverage by Myles Dungan. He couldn't tell us where the Irish women were as their lane was out of TV shot. Would they not have been better to use someone, anyone who was actually there and could see the race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Lol at Daniel o Donnell saying to dickie rock "it's amazing you've had a career for that length of time." Same could be said for you Daniel. At least dickie rock is talented and was a big deal.

I would say Daniel has had a much more successful career than Dickie, particularly outside Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

BarryD wrote: »
    That was painfully obvious in the rowing coverage by Myles Dungan. He couldn't tell us where the Irish women were as their lane was out of TV shot. Would they not have been better to use someone, anyone who was actually there and could see the race.

What? You mean like one of the FIFTY other people RTE sent to the Games, many of whom couldn't tell a basketball from a hockey stick?

WTF were they doing when that race was on? Topping up their fake tans?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Will there be a call from Bangu on Monday, like from that from a Perth prison?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,335 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

snubbleste wrote: »

He's sharing a cell with someone else apparently, he might come on the call too for the few words :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

He's sharing a cell with someone else apparently, he might come on the call too for the few words :D

I SAID pick up the soap :):) !

• Advertisement
    M

Turns out he is sharing the cell with Kevin Mallon of THG, bit of an odd one, you would think they wouldn't have let them chat prior to whatever action is next.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/pat-hickey-sharing-rio-prison-cell-with-kevin-mallon-1.2763257

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Cell probably has more bugs than a 10$ whore house in missipippi.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Cell probably has more bugs than a 10$ whore house in missipippi.

They could chat to each other in Dubalinese; the jailers would never understand them.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    They could chat to each other in Dubalinese; the jailers would never understand them.

I don't think Patrick Hickey Esquire would be "salt of the earth" enough to speak Dubalinese.....

M

I don't think Patrick Hickey Esquire would be "salt of the earth" enough to speak Dubalinese.....

It would be gold if they called Joe and the pooooer Brazilians would have to translate what the mentions of "so to speak", "what colour is the cell", "what's your difference" were code for and other Joeisms.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

It's "Solt of Dee Airtt'.

Tut ..tut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Maybe Joe could send him out a copy of his buuk to pass away the time

M

liam7831 wrote: »

I don't think they are quite that bored :pac:

liam7831 wrote: »

I'd imagine the paper isn't thin enough for the jax or rollies.

It's "Solt of Dee Airtt'.

Tut ..tut

I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT!

But I was using parliamentary English in case Patrick himself was reading the thread on his EYE Pad from his cell in Brazil do to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

snubbleste wrote: »
    remember the time Joe took a Call from Portlaoise prison that ended in a bad way

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

M

Looks like Pat got a short back and sides so to speak...
    Pat Hickey has had his head shaved and is being treated the same as "any other prisoner" at Brazil's largest jail.

The State Department of Penitentiary Administration (SEAP) have confirmed that, like other inmates, Mr Hickey had his head shaved at the unit.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/latin-america/former-oci-president-pat-hickey-has-head-shaved-being-treated-like-any-other-prisoner-brazilian-authorities-34981153.html

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It sends a shiver down the spine of the golden circle over here thinking what could have happened to them in the fallout of 2008

Just listen to the tone of some of the commentary

I probably won't fly down to Rio...

But then again, I just might.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Delaney passport wanted by Rio police.... Please let him be in Rio please let him be in Rio please let him be in Rio... What next what is better than glorious:pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

jdelaney.jpg

JD celebrates the news that his stay in Brazil has been extended

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Once the THG guy was arrested Hickey should have been on the first plane out of Rio to protect his own ass, but his arrogance and the feeling that he is part of the untouchable elite ultimately led to his downfall.

If the Delaney stuff is true.......well, I just don't know how Joe will "frame" this latest mistake and injustice on Irish people. WHOY is Delaney even there? It's not like we have a football team in the tournament?

Joe:
    WHOY do de Brazilian police insist on questioning deeze men in Portugese. Can they not use English? Or Brazilian even, the national language of Brazil so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

I have been trying to expand my english so to speak... The word u are looking for butters is hubris:D

I have been trying to expand my english so to speak... The word u are looking for butters is hubris:D

I know dat! I know dat! I know dat!

Ive used it to describe various politicans and even Joe himself (I think) previously.

Another word to describe these people's behaviour is "cûntish".

• Advertisement

Joe: Hugh Briss? I knew his fadder well so to speak. A great Ballyfermot man was he says I.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement