Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

JD?
    John Delaney?

Or

Joe Duffy????
    The former.

If it was the latter there would have been no pleasantries.

The FAI were having an AGM in Sligo. The did a whistle-stop tour of a few local clubs with some former international players. He gave the club a cheque for 5K and 100 tickets for an upcoming friendly in the Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

What's the short version of this cock up so to speak?

I don't know the detail, but some discrepancy of measurement left her dicombobulated and the builders in the bag. Everybody pointing the finger at everyone else, basically.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 82,336 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

sligojoek wrote: »
    The former.

If it was the latter there would have been no pleasantries.

The FAI were having an AGM in Sligo. The did a whistle-stop tour of a few local clubs with some former international players. He gave the club a cheque for 5K and 100 tickets for an upcoming friendly in the Aviva.

A cheque for €5k, lol, shows how much of a basket case organisation it is, winner of league gets €100k yet CEO is on €360k :pac:

The local lads reckon it was a PR stunt as it wasn't too long after the 5 million story broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The local lads reckon it was a PR stunt as it wasn't too long after the 5 million story broke.

Seems the tickets thing is in his bag of tricks. I'm not a member of the local Association Football Club so to speak but one of my neighbours is a parent/coach there. He told me Delaney was at their awards evening a few years ago and promised all the kids they could come to the next Ireland match on him - that was a few years ago - no tickets ever came.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

So Mrs Browns Boys was voted best sitcom of the Millennium by Radio Times readers. How will Joe indulge his friends with that particular story?

Brace yereselves.

Red Kev wrote: »
    So Mrs Browns Boys was voted best sitcom of the Millennium by Radio Times readers. How will Joe indulge his friends with that particular story?

Brace yereselves.

All I've learned from that is the average age of a Radio Times reader is 79.

Seems the tickets thing is in his bag of tricks. I'm not a member of the local Association Football Club so to speak but one of my neighbours is a parent/coach there. He told me Delaney was at their awards evening a few years ago and promised all the kids they could come to the next Ireland match on him - that was a few years ago - no tickets ever came.
    Our crowd got the tickets. They took two busses up. I can't remember the match off hand but the stadium was only 3/4 full so it didn't cost the FAI anything.

Our crowd got the tickets. They took two busses up. I can't remember the match off hand but the stadium was only 3/4 full so it didn't cost the FAI anything.

Who did day bet?

I think it was Georgia. I'll ask the young lad when he gets back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I think it was Georgia. I'll ask the young lad when he gets back.

Salpa?

Salpa?

I would have until she slept with Callum Best. And she smokes.

That's two no-no's for me.

Expose-eh Newsflash
    A friend close to the couple said "Georgia’s twins were born with the help of a surrogate"

that's understating it a bit, thanks for your help carrying them for 9 months and then delivering them

Expose-eh Newsflash
    A friend close to the couple said "Georgia’s twins were born with the help of a surrogate"

that's understating it a bit, thanks for your help carrying them for 9 months and then delivering them

I wonder what attracted her to her millionaire husband so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Brace yereselves.

JESUS preserve us. Of the Millennium no less !!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Trama, Fizbora rats and olympics. That's your line up today folks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It's three o clock and I'm shattered after a hard day's work.
    sCwBekx.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,217 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Uncle Ben wrote: »
    Trama, Fizbora rats and olympics. That's your line up today folks.
    Whats "trama" :confused:

And as for the other topics, I was forced to listen to the rats yesterday while in a doctor's waiting room and that was quite enough of that thanks, and unless there's a chance he'll actually discuss (as opposed to whitewash) the Hickey debacle (hahahahahaHAAAA!) then I'm out before I'm even in. So to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

A bit of lube helps with the smoking. KY Jelly comes highly recommended.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Do you put it on your nose, caller?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Whats "trama" :confused:

And as for the other topics, I was forced to listen to the rats yesterday while in a doctor's waiting room and that was quite enough of that thanks, and unless there's a chance he'll actually discuss (as opposed to whitewash) the Hickey debacle (hahahahahaHAAAA!) then I'm out before I'm even in. So to speak.

Trama, according to Joe's Dublinese is a condition people may acquire if they come across horrific accidents. US troops coming back from 'Nam suffered from post tramatic distress.
    Witnesses to horrific accidents are now looking for specific treatment/ care!
    Talk to Joe.
    Fizboro is where Bertie drinks ðŸ˜

Trama, according to Joe's Dublinese is a condition people may acquire if they come across horrific accidents. US troops coming back from 'Nam suffered from post tramatic distress.
    Witnesses to horrific accidents are now looking for specific treatment/ care! COMPO.
    Talk to Joe.

FYP.

Witnesses to horrific accidents are now looking for specific treatment/ care!
    Talk to Joe.

KING RAT so to speak.

Wat colour is de lube?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

snubbleste wrote: »
    It's three o clock and I'm shattered after a hard day's work.
    sCwBekx.jpg?1

Jeez, Duffy's neck has disappeared under the rolls of fat.

No poverty for Claddaghgreen, eh?

Anyone who surfs will be familiar wit dis product so to speak:
    hws4.jpg

After listening to that new report there it seems that "I don't know" is to Athlone wat "Dja no whor I meen?" is to certain parts of Dubalin so to speak.

Ciarán Mulloooooooooley using "so to speak" so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,336 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

So your dog was not on a lead and illegally out in the public so to speak?

• Advertisement

Sh1t Zoo- can't see any animals

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement