Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    "It wuz a black one with a bit missing," said Joe, "made of dat sorta stuff you used to find on old gramophones."

Joe: Wat's wrong wit being black caller? Some of my best friends are black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Joe: Wat's wrong wit being black caller? Some of my best friends are black.

More like......
    What's wrong wit being black caller? My Jaguar is black.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Joe defends his mate Brendan today

should get the blood boiling :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,217 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Joe defends his mate Brendan today

should get the blood boiling :mad:
    Who/what/why?

Need to know so I DEFINITELY won't be tempted to tune in!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Who/what/why?

Need to know so I DEFINITELY won't be tempted to tune in!

someone dared to write in a national newspaper that Mrs Browns boys was not funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,217 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

someone dared to write in a national newspaper that Mrs Browns boys was not funny
    :D:D

Oooh, I may have to tune in after all - I wholeheartedly agree with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,336 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

More camper van tales, probably about them being robbed because they were "gassed" again after a night out on the complete lash, despite the fact that if they were to be gassed you would need something like this pumping it in...

20130705164833588.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

I'll be late joining today. I hope someone asks whoy Mrs BB does be fillumed in Scotland, believe it or not, and whether there are tax advantages to gained by that, so to speak. Perhaps Brendan O'Cardel will resile from it, or put a frame on it and come at it another way and be adamant that it isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Joe referred to it as a poll for "the greatest comedy of all time" whereas it's actually a poll for the " best comedy of the Millennium " ie since 2000, or 2, or 2-zero or whatever the fcuk he calls it.

Anyway he's already got the outrage and hyperbole ramped up. I'll be driving so this could be dangerous, might have a few pints first as according to Joe it's only a minor offense.

I'll be late joining today. I hope someone asks whoy Mrs BB does be fillumed in Scotland, believe it or not, and whether there are tax advantages to gained by that, so to speak. Perhaps Brendan O'Cardel will resile from it, or put a frame on it and come at it another way and be adamant that it isn't.

Filmed in the UK. All O'Carrolls companies are registered in the UK as well, as were all those involved in the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

ADHD has to be vastly misdiagnosed, there could not possibly be that amount of people with it.

It's so yesterday.....has to be ADLCD, ADLED or ADUHD .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Red Kev wrote: »
    Joe referred to it as a poll for "the greatest comedy of all time" whereas it's actually a poll for the " best comedy of the Millennium " ie since 2000, or 2, or 2-zero or whatever the fcuk he calls it.

Anyway he's already got the outrage and hyperbole ramped up. I'll be driving so this could be dangerous, might have a few pints first as according to Joe it's only a minor offense.

Filmed in the UK. All O'Carrolls companies are registered in the UK as well, as were all those involved in the film.

Someone on another thread said, it's like coming along in the middle of February and saying January was the best month of the year.

Red Kev wrote: »
    More like......
    What's wrong wit being black caller? My Jaguar is black Some of my best Jags are black....

more like..

FYP

MBB is just appallingly awful and painfully unfunny.

The irony of it is that the "Whistle in the Wind" sitcom around which Extras was centred was exactly this type of comedy - i.e. old vaudeville style, terrible slapstick and childishly immature double entendres - but in Extras that was the joke. Gervais' charachter wanted fame and credibility. When he only found fame through WITW he packed it in as it had no credibility and he couldn't live with himself. Brindin O'Cardle lives with himself just fine, in Orlando so to speak.

As two faced as Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Oooh, I may have to tune in after all - I wholeheartedly agree with that!

Couldn't agree more - complete heap of sh*te. I suppose it appeals to their British 'Carry On' humour and/or their perceptions of Irish people.

BarryD wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more - complete heap of sh*te. I suppose it appeals to their British OVER 70s 'Carry On' humour and/or their perceptions of Irish people.

FYP.

M

Wonder will he let any caller on to express how brutal they think MBB's is or will that be not allowed in the world of Joe?

Joe: Bullying has dominated the show all week.

Yes, Joe. All two days of it.

Wonder will he let any caller on to express how brutal they think MBB's is or will that be not allowed in the world of Joe?
    Yes they'll be allowed. Then five more people to bully them into submission.

Jobsbridge

JobsBridge and Turas Nua so to speak.

De blind leading de blind so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

"a strange set up"

that line could describe the entire country mate !

:D

M

Is it the employer who is exploiting him? Will he name the employer?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"Tour us New Ahhhh"

sligojoek wrote: »
    Yes they'll be allowed. Then five more people to bully them into submission.

I won't be allowed, that's guaranteed.

"Go back. Go back"

You're not saying what I want you to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

MBB is just appallingly awful and painfully unfunny.

The irony of it is that the "Whistle in the Wind" sitcom around which Extras was centred was exactly this type of comedy - i.e. old vaudeville style, terrible slapstick and childishly immature double entendres - but in Extras that was the joke. Gervais' charachter wanted fame and credibility. When he only found fame through WITW he packed it in as it had no credibility and he couldn't live with himself. Brindin O'Cardle lives with himself just fine, in Orlando so to speak.

As two faced as Joe.

You mean "When the W blows" I presume...

That_Guy wrote: »
    "Tour us New Ahhhh"

Ray's cousin so to speak.

Ray New Ahhhh.

You mean "When the W blows" I presume...

Apologies caller, the fury that has enraged me around MBB made me forget so to speak.

M

"Droichead Daor", launching next month, rebrand is all it needs so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

CV writing 101 with Joe Duffy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement