Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,337 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ffs she hasn't named anyone, whoy won't he let her proceed?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The last time Duffy backtracked this quickly was into a champagne reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

kid misdiagnosed and joe shuting her up again when she relates putting it up to the doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

This woman had a great opportunity to point out where all the cash is wasted and that Joe shuts her up, unreal!!!

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Continental boxers have no flies.

Irish boxers have no medals.

But they do have a failed drug test.

• Advertisement
    M

"Any way we can help"...eh if you let her tell people how brutal she has been treated by a completely incompetent health service it might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I know her. People around here are sick of being shook down for money. They exceeded the quota and kept fundraising for months after.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Sleazy hypocrite.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Joe really has no interest in this women at all, just ensuring he gets his RTE ad breaks in

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

you could donate an hours fees to get the youngfella a wheelchair

• Advertisement

Joe, any chance you'd make a donation yourself? Not from de fund now, but from your own pockets? You know, it's not like you've been extremely fortunate in life and it's not like you can't afford it. And you know what, even a cynic like myself won't slag you if you blatanatly self-promote it.

EVEN WITH THAT, NOT A CHANCE IN HELL I'D SAY.

How much were those dopes paid to act in that TV licence ad?

All sourced from the Gaiety School of Acting I assume, Alma Mater of Lottie Ryan et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Wow Shane sounds really sober at 3pm!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PathMatcher

Shane McGowan doing the news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Well that's it for me here for a week,it was a pleasure .

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

sligojoek wrote: »
    I know her. People around here are sick of being shook down for money. They exceeded the quota and kept fundraising for months after.

Does he need more than originally thought?

sligojoek wrote: »

tell us more caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

pc7 wrote: »
    Does he need more than originally thought?
    Not at the time.

That was last year. This seems to be a new campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Has anyone in the HSE ever lost their job?

The HSE are an absolute disgrace. Trying to get them to implement anything for special needs is like pulling teeth. The endless hoops you have to jump through to be met with brick wall after brick wall for the simplest of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,852 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Looking at the podcasts from today's show so to speak. I see joe didn't talk about the earthquack ? I'd have put money on him getting the irish bar list for rome out today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Looking at the podcasts from today's show so to speak. I see joe didn't talk about the earthquack ? I'd have put money on him getting the irish bar list for rome out today.

In retrospect, I'm surprised, too.
    Oh, the yoomanitty... all dese pooer peepul, there must have been somebody with a phone to call Joe.
    Never mind, I've no doubt the researcher was scurrying around trying to find somebody with a relative owning or passing or in a bar out there.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    In retrospect, I'm surprised, too.
    Oh, the yoomanitty... all dese pooer peepul, there must have been somebody with a phone to call Joe.
    Never mind, I've no doubt the researcher was scurrying around trying to find somebody with a relative owning or passing or in a bar out there.
    Kathryn's ma was in Italy about 10 years ago, so in the planet Duffy universe that would be classified as a lucky escape! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Hitchens wrote: »
    Kathryn's ma was in Italy about 10 years ago, so in the planet Duffy universe that would be classified as a lucky escape! :D

to be fair- her Mam escaped the Tunisian shooting narrowly- by three months
    and her brother was in California at the time of the Berkeley balcony collapse- though luckily in a different part of the state

M

Ffs, he wants us revisit Brendan O'Carroll which he didn't cover yesterday, he asks should O'Carroll be given the same respect as Robbie Keane is getting in the media now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Some guy said "I'd rather throw myself on a funeral pyre than watch Mrs Brown Boys". Joe says "how long will Brendan O'Carroll have to put up with such abuse?"

How's that abuse ffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Ffs, he wants us revisit Brendan O'Carroll which he didn't cover yesterday, he asks should O'Carroll be given the same respect as Robbie Keane is getting in the media now.

One kicks balls, the other needs a kick in the balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Heard that alright, second attempt to push the Brendan O'Carroll agenda. As Joe said one person rang in about 'the abuse'* he was getting in one single article in the Indo. He forgets to mention that O'Carroll made his name on the Dublin comedy circuit by abusing the crap out of everybody, including the audience. If O'Carroll is offended then he's thin skinned but I actually think he couldn't care less, and that it's Duffy that's offended.

He compared him to the reception Robbie Keanes final match is getting. Hardly comparable Joe and I doubt Keane will get more than a few minutes on Liveline seeing as you've zero interest in sport and that Robbie Keane is no buddy of yours.

M

Joe has no problem talking of UFC as barbaric where at the same time thinking boxing is great craic for all involved.

M

Red Kev wrote: »
    Heard that alright, second attempt to push the Brendan O'Carroll agenda. As Joe said one person rang in about 'the abuse'* he was getting in one single article in the Indo. He forgets to mention that O'Carroll made his name on the Dublin comedy circuit by abusing the crap out of everybody, including the audience. If O'Carroll is offended then he's thin skinned but I actually think he couldn't care less, and that it's Duffy that's offended.

He compared him to the reception Robbie Keanes final match is getting. Hardly comparable Joe and I doubt Keane will get more than a few minutes on Liveline seeing as you've zero interest in sport and that Robbie Keane is no buddy of yours.

I would doubt Duffy has seen any of the pre MBB stand up stuff from O'Carroll in the early years, none of this would be his bag so to speak...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Jesus , EAmon GIlbore on the news at one now , full of his own importance , shoot me now .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement