Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I would doubt Duffy has seen any of the pre MBB stand up stuff from O'Carroll in the early years, none of this would be his bag so to speak...
    Our family used to enjoy getting a comedy DVD after the pub on Christmas Eve opening our presents etc. for quite a few years these were Brendan O'Carroll dvds....How's Your Jolly Roger, Wibbly Wobbly Wonder etc

And yes I will admit I have watched MBB and laughed at it. I don't record it or watch it religiously but if there's nothing else on I'll watch it.

Is it the best comedy ever IMO- certainly not. Is it the best comedy of the last 16 years, humm I can't really think of anything I have laughed at other than MBB & Inbetweeners since then. I didn't like IT crowd, Black Books, anything with David Mitchell in (though I do like him on QI which I listen to an episode of most nights as I go to sleep, must be on the 20th cycle of them all at this stage, though cant see myself going any further than series M, we'll see how it goes!)

There I said it

• Registered Users Posts: 82,337 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Surprised the school bus spaces story on the news now isn't a topic on Liveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Just seen he's gonna have an Irish Earthquake survivor ......

M

Condolonces...did any of his family die?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

liam7831 wrote: »
    Just seen he's gonna have an Irish Earthquake survivor ......
    Unless he gets a story of broken bones sticking out he"ll be gone in two seconds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Condolonces...did any of his family die?

I think he's saying condolences with regards to him being of Italian descent and for those people who died... I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Our family used to enjoy getting a comedy DVD after the pub on Christmas Eve opening our presents etc. for quite a few years these were Brendan O'Carroll dvds....How's Your Jolly Roger, Wibbly Wobbly Wonder etc

And yes I will admit I have watched MBB and laughed at it. I don't record it or watch it religiously but if there's nothing else on I'll watch it.

Is it the best comedy ever IMO- certainly not. Is it the best comedy of the last 16 years, humm I can't really think of anything I have laughed at other than MBB & Inbetweeners since then. I didn't like IT crowd, Black Books, anything with David Mitchell in (though I do like him on QI which I listen to an episode of most nights as I go to sleep, must be on the 20th cycle of them all at this stage, though cant see myself going any further than series M, we'll see how it goes!)

There I said it

3 month thread ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

And tell me, caller; what's the nearest pub to you?
    Actually, I'm wondering whether this caller has a relative in RTE.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Oops69 wrote: »
    Jesus , EAmon GIlbore on the news at one now , full of his own importance , shoot me now .

Never backward in coming forward....he'll be mentioning his role in this more than Bertie mentions the Good Friday Agreement so to speak.

Your dad fought in the war- before or after Italy changed sides?

• Advertisement

Oops69 wrote: »
    Unless he gets a story of broken bones sticking out he"ll be gone in two seconds

Joe: And when your did luke down and saw dat your leg did break in two and de bone was sticking out through your skin.....how did dat make you feel?

M

Would your house inshurdance cover you for an earthquake or would it be classed as an act of god so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Not an Irish Bar in sight.
    5sw4Hrs.jpg
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

This guy sounds really upset

Caller: These house aren't made of brick, they're made of stone. 3 feet thick stone walls.

So better construction with a stronger material than brick then caller?

Joe: And wat is your son's favourite ice cream flavour?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I survived the great earthquake in July 1984, should I ring in? It didn't knock me out of bed, so I didn't sustain any serious injuries, but my late father nearly cut himself while shaving. Nah, I don't think Joe would go for that.

Would your house inshurdance cover you for an earthquake or would it be classed as an act of god so to speak?

Well he's obviously not a regular listener as if he was he'd have been on with his shopping list of household items that he needs to have replaced so to speak.

Damn- no dead rellies, he won't last much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

How many days now has Joe avoided the Pat Hickey saga???

• Advertisement

This fella is awfully cheery...

Flukey wrote: »
    I survived the great earthquake in July 1984, should I ring in? It didn't knock me out of bed, so I didn't sustain any serious injuries, but my late father nearly cut himself while shaving. Nah, I don't think Joe would go for that.

Are you joking? He'd get 3 days out of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Let this caller go Joe, he's too cheerful

• Registered Users Posts: 15,184 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

'It'll have to be torn down........

...........sure it's only stone. 3ft thick stone walls reinforced with steel.'

How many days now has Joe avoided the Pat Hickey saga???

Is he ignoring it because it's an ongoing investigation I wonder?

M

What if he was to instead rebuild the house out of hay?

liam7831 wrote: »
    This guy sounds really upset

You should hear him on a Funny Fryday.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Someone will have to call in and offer him a new holiday home

Joe was hoping he would slag off Emergency services

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Most of the buildings have been standing since the 14 th century in these villages , the amount of ****e thats been spoken about the 'fragile old buildings ' is unbelievable

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement