Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction: Work & Jobs forum

Options
  • 12-08-2016 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

The thread I got an infraction in is here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057602169&page=24
    The relevant posts are 953 and 957.

I feel I was attacked for no reason by a poster I have never encountered before. I think his post is derogatory and certainly offensive towards me. Also he accuses me of something I was not even doing.

My reaction was pretty mild considering what he said to me and for me to get an infraction while he gets off scot free seems unfair to me.

I talked to the moderator in question who disagrees.

Would appreciate if someone could take a look please.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Hello mdwexford;

As I'm also a mod of the forum in question I'll refer this to my fellow CMod Davy to review this one with you to minimize the possibility of bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Perfect, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hi mdwexford,

Sorry for the delay.

I have looked at this warning you received (not infraction) for personal abuse, and in my opinion its completely justified as to quote you:
    What are you talking about you muppet.

This is personal abuse.

My reaction was pretty mild considering what he said to me and for me to get an infraction while he gets off scot free seems unfair to me.

If you had an issue with another post or poster, you report it and let the mods deal with it, you don't respond to it making the situation worse no matter how 'mild' you think it to be.

I will speak with the mods regarding the other poster but its not directly related to this DRP thread.

If you accept this outcome the thread can be marked resolved, otherwise you can request an admin to review it.

No problem.

I feel I was goaded into a reaction.
    Admittedly I should have reported the post but seeing as the mod didn't do anything about that post maybe reporting it wouldn't have done me any good.

Should a moderator not use common sense in these situations. I think it's crazy I get punished here while the guy who started the trouble gets nothing his way.

Do you think calling someone a muppet is personal abuse and telling someone they are embarrassing their county is not then?

I feel what he said to me is far worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I can understand how you feel like that, but this process is not about someone else. You posted something you shouldn't have, and received a warning for doing so.

If you reported the post rather than responding to it, you would not have received a warning while the other poster would be the one possibly receiving the warning.

I have already said I will discuss the post in question with the related mods. I have main my position clear on this DRP, so just clarify if this is resolved or seeking admin review?

mdwexford wrote: »
    No problem.

I feel I was goaded into a reaction.
    Admittedly I should have reported the post but seeing as the mod didn't do anything about that post maybe reporting it wouldn't have done me any good.

Should a moderator not use common sense in these situations. I think it's crazy I get punished here while the guy who started the trouble gets nothing his way.

Do you think calling someone a muppet is personal abuse and telling someone they are embarrassing their county is not then?

I feel what he said to me is far worse.

• Advertisement

I don't think involving anyone else will be of any benefit to the situation.

In my opinion the whole system of warnings and infractions is flawed when used in this black and white manner and moderators should use their judgement and treat each situation independently. I realise this isn't going to change and I am wasting our time writing it but still wanted to post my thoughts.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this matter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement