Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wicklow man to be extradited to US over 'Silk Road' charges

• 12-08-2016 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

The High Court has ordered the extradition to the United States of a Wicklow man alleged to have been an administrator of the Silk Road website that dealt with illegal drugs and hacking software.
    Gary Davis, 27, of Johnstown Court in Kilpedder is wanted by US authorities on charges of conspiracy to distribute narcotics, conspiracy to commit computer hacking and conspiracy to commit money laundering.
    In a detailed judgment, Mr Justice Paul McDermott ruled that Mr Davis be surrendered to the US.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0812/808738-gary-davis-court/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,640 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Interesting that the case rested on his alleged health, which I presume was based on the successful appeal in the UK based on Asparagus Syndrome like the Gary McKinnon in the UK
    In his judgment, Judge McDermott said the central issue in the case was the objections to the request based on Mr Davis's health.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Interesting that the case rested on his alleged health, which I presume was based on the successful appeal in the UK based on Asparagus Syndrome like the Gary McKinnon in the UK
    In his judgment, Judge McDermott said the central issue in the case was the objections to the request based on Mr Davis's health.

If you want to play the aspergers card, dont go into or come out of court looking like this:

000adc07-642.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Can't you resist deportation on account of the penalty abroad vastly exceeding the one in Ireland for the same crime? He'll get life without Parole in the US which would fall under "Cruel and Unusual" surely in comparison to what he might get if convicted here? I certainly don't believe he should face extradition for this, try him and punish him here under Irish law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Yea but if he's guilty he probably has a lot of blood on his hands, I don't feel that sorry for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭iamnothim

Asparagus Syndrome

Haha, best thing I've read today

• Advertisement
Advertisement