Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After selling house options query...

Options
  • 12-08-2016 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am selling a house (have to sell) that is in negative equity.

If it sells & if I paid back the negative equity remainder on the existing mortgage, would I still have to have 20% deposit in order to be able to buy another house?

Or will I be stuck renting as I'd never have a full 20% saved (+ pay the neg equity) before my current house sells.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

BronsonTB wrote: »
    Hi, I am selling a house (have to sell) that is in negative equity.

If it sells & if I paid back the negative equity remainder on the existing mortgage, would I still have to have 20% deposit in order to be able to buy another house?

Or will I be stuck renting as I'd never have a full 20% saved (+ pay the neg equity) before my current house sells.

You will
    Not be a first time Buyer anymore so 20% deposits required.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

You can get a negative equity mortgage that doesn't take account of the central bank deposit rules. It was specifically included in the rules for situations such as yours. You will still have to comply with the income multiple of 3.5 though.

Advertisement