Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of address with no proof (just moved)

Options
  • 12-08-2016 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I need to change my address, but I've only lived in my new address for 1 week so don't have anything with proof of my new address. I am subletting from my roommate, would a letter from her suffice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

I need to change my address, but I've only lived in my new address for 1 week so don't have anything with proof of my new address. I am subletting from my roommate, would a letter from her suffice?
    Good Morning Melisandre121,

Thanks for contacting us here at Bank of Ireland, We do need to have proof of your new address to update this information for your bank account. If you don’t have a utility bill in your name you can use a tenancy agreement but this can only be from a registered landlord for proof of your new address instead.

We can also accept a recent car insurance document, a document from the Revenue Commissioners or from the Dept. of Social Welfare. See this thread for more information: goo.gl/qyreiR 

Thanks, 
    Evie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

Thanks for contacting us here at Bank of Ireland, We do need to have proof of your new address to update this information for your bank account. If you don’t have a utility bill in your name you can use a tenancy agreement but this can only be from a registered landlord for proof of your new address instead.

We can also accept a recent car insurance document, a document from the Revenue Commissioners or from the Dept. of Social Welfare. See this thread for more information: goo.gl/qyreiR 

Thanks, 
    Evie

Hi Evie,

Thanks for that. How soon after producing my tenancy agreement in the bank will my address change over for me to print a statement?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Thanks, 
    Evie

Hi Evie,

Thanks for that. How soon after producing my tenancy agreement in the bank will my address change over for me to print a statement?

Thanks.
    Hi Melisandre121,

Once the documents are received, it can take up to five working days for your address to be updated. You can query if your address has since been updated by sending a message through the Online Service Desk and Ask a Question option or by calling BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be happy to help you. This number is available 8am to midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm on weekends.  

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement