Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potato Magic (Microwave Potato Cooker)

Options
  • 12-08-2016 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried this? I got one the other day and it claims to do great things.

*Creates a steam pocket to cook perfect potatoes in the microwave in just 4 minutes!.
    *Perfect Potatoes in just 4 minutes
    *Cooks all types of potatoes - white, red, yams and more
    *Cooks Up to 4 potatoes at a time
    *Washable, reusable microwave bag cooker
    *Also use for corn on the cob, day-old bread, tortillas and more

I tried it with 4 medium sized spuds and after 4 minutes they were still raw. It took 10 minutes in total before they were cooked. (It comes with a warning that it can catch fire if you microwave it for too long)
    I tried again with 2 spuds (bigger ones to be fair) and after 8 minutes total they were still raw in the middle. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Here's a link to an American online shop that shows a picture of it.

http://widgetlove.com/usd/store/household-goods-1/magic-microwave-potato-cooker.html

P.S I am not promoting this product or onlinestore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mocmo

I have one, I've found it works really well with medium sized potatoes (maybe about the size of a computer mouse?!) but anything bigger takes a lot longer. They come out much better than your average microwaved potato, not so shrivelled up and more like a steamed spud. I usually do two at a time, so maybe that's the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Hi mocmo. I just tried it again with 2 smaller potatos and they were perfect after 4 mins. I agree they are better than just microwaved potatos. It's not too bad I suppose if I'm just cooking something fast for myself but I'm usually cooking for the oh as well. I'd be fair annoyed if I'd bought it off the website I linked though, just noticed they are selling it for US$34.99. I think I paid 3 quid for mine and I'm still not happy.

Advertisement