Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So whats a good auctioneer rate these days?

Options
  • 12-08-2016 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

If you're selling a house? We were quoted 1.75% today by one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

It depends on the location, the house and your price expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭comerla

Cork, 3 bed semi, approx 250k.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

In Dublin many agents are quoting 1% plus vat, others a lot more. In my area one of the largest agents quote 1.75%. They appear to justify this by advising prospects that their houses are worth more than any other agent would value them at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

5 years ago: Sherry Fitz in Dublin. 1.5% + VAT. EUR300 approx upfront paid to cover advertising expenses, deducted from the fee on sale.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭Ericdravancrow

I sold house myself, if the market is good in your area, it will sell itself. Saved 6k :-)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

comerla wrote: »
    Cork, 3 bed semi, approx 250k.

Age, condition?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭comerla

4ensic15 wrote: »
    Age, condition?

Built in the 90s. recently installed wardrobes, wood flooring etc. Tidied up the garden today and its looking great.. Kitchen is still the original - we'd replace it if moving in - but serviceable. All houses in the estate seem to sell within a month and often in a couple of weeks.

Put it on daft.ie yourself, organise viewing for weekends. Check property price register, for sales in your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

I sold house myself, if the market is good in your area, it will sell itself. Saved 6k :-)

Maybe it cost you 10k. You'll never know.

Nope, not according to property price register. Market was good, plenty of interest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement