Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloggers and #ad (Naming bloggers means a ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Babyspice13

Amberjack wrote: »
    Did anyone see the blonde blogger/model with the 2 kids and hubby off on holidays. They had an Instagram vid peo of them in business class, kids and all, wonder was that a freebie?

And she's 'thinking of those who are less fortunate than most of us' Yeah right, while enjoying her 5 star holiday and spending the evening in the Armani Lounge on the 167th floor of the Burj. 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

And she's 'thinking of those who are less fortunate than most of us' Yeah right, while enjoying her 5 star holiday and spending the evening in the Armani Lounge on the 167th floor of the Burj. 🙄

Don't blame her one bit. Id be doing the same if I could afford it.

Are you saying she's not allowed to enjoy her success and her wealth because there are less privileged out there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Its the boasting and showing off of it all
    Poor kids being used like props

bigpink wrote: »
    Its the boasting and showing off of it all
    Poor kids being used like props

You sound extremely jealous and bitter.

anna080 wrote: »
    You sound extremely jealous and bitter.

Id love to be a secure and have basics from money but i couldnt blog my whole life.
    As someone rsaid in another thread this blogging thing is like a job for the mean girls in school
    Kids shouldnt be on blogs
    I just hate the fakeness and fawning over them.Oh look at my perfect life
    Id love all the perks but would it make us happy?I dont think so

• Advertisement

Id love to be a secure and have basics from money but i couldnt blig my whole life.
    As someonr said in another thread this blogging thing is like a job for the mean girls in school

If she wants to photograph her kids that's her choice. Saying she uses them as props is actually horrible.

If she wants to photograph her kids that's her choice. Saying she uses them as props is actually horrible.

Shes uses them for brands and in a commerical blog okay props may not be the right word but they are being used and they dont have a say.
    Yes of course her choice.And thats only my opinion

Anyone recommend any non paid bloggers with good content?Or very honest ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I must say I am not a fan of putting your kids on social media and pictures of mine are only available to close family. I would like to think they will have the luxury of deciding for themselves how muc of their life they wish to make public.

As for holidays, Dubai wouldn't be my thing (I far from ethical person but I do draw the line somewhere) but holiday is a holiday and in that sense it's no worse than pics of camping trip somewhere in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Id love to be a secure and have basics from money but i couldnt blog my whole life.
    As someone rsaid in another thread this blogging thing is like a job for the mean girls in school
    I just hate the fakeness and fawning over them.Oh look at my perfect life
    Id love all the perks but would it make us happy?I dont think so

Do yourself a favour and stop following her then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Exactly, I've never heard her say "oh look at my peefect life", so I suspect that's your problem.

Shes uses them for brands and in a commerical blog okay props may not be the right word but they are being used and they dont have a say.
    Yes of course her choice.And thats only my opinion

First it was that she's being insincere in her thoughts for the less privileged while wining and dining herself, now it's she uses her kids. You seem to not like her so why are you even following her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

The main Dublin blogger has possibly seen this thread? She is going doing a review every week for the month of January, every week, with a non paid non sponsored non #ad review of a product. Even tho the majority of her reviews aren't sponsored or paid for she is going to do non paid or sponsored ones for the month of Jan!

All her words on snapchat today! I'm lost! If there all not sponsee or paid for why the big deal about doing 4 non paid ones?!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

The currys blogger is upset over people being annoyed at her for promoting formula her response is she's just trying to help people not one word of well I'm
    Being paid to promote it so it's a job how is she getting away with making out she's doing it for the good of her followed out of the kindness of her heart it's a paid job

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

What did all these people do for a living before blogs took off?

I thought currys blogger was breast feeding?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Wexy86

I thought currys blogger was breast feeding?

She was but she seems to think her supply is drying up all of a sudden :o so the baby needs to be supplemented with formula. She also had a wedding and didn't pump enough and what she did pump she gave to the baby straight away. So what if you want to give formula, no need to come up with all these elaborate stories, your baby your choice.

I've no problem with anyone formula feeding as I'm doing so with my little one at the mo but it's illegal to advertise baby formula and she clearly is, showing the receipt when she bought the formula and referring to the formula as C&G and then trying to back track and call it Cow & Gate to try and differentiate between her affiliation with C&G and the formula. I unfollowed her this morning after another set of poor me snaps, you have 50k followers and put every single inch of your life on social media so you have to expect some negativity unfortunately.
    She is in my opinion the worst for not declaring if anything is an ad or sp but there's no one monitoring so why wouldn't she if she can get away with it :/

Just followed her there to see. Is she being paid to promote it? She made it look as though she just popped to the shops to pick some up. Again I'm not an avid follower so I wouldn't know any backstory. Also I had to roll my eyes when she wrote "I've done great things for breast feeding in Ireland".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

I actually felt sorry for her. I thought she wasn't being sponsored and was just sharing her new mammy worries. From the sounds of it, it seems she's getting a lot of backlash. I never realised advertising formula was illegal.

That said, I was thinking of unfollowing her because of all the snaps of her baby - I've nothing against babies but I didn't follow her to see lots of stories about her baby. I also feel really uncomfortable seeing so many intrusive pics about her family and I don't think it's really fair on her child.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

tomwaits48 wrote: »

Said Curry's blogger was/is a makeup artist but she used to work for River Island in the Square in Tallaght. Seen her a few times whenever I went there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

She said a few days ago on snapchat that she needed to go buy formula.
    Then she snapped her receipt saying, see I paid for it myself its not sponsored, I paid with my own money etc.
    Then her next snap was about it was illegal to be paid to promote formulas and that again it wasn't sponsored.
    After that, still in the car, she snapped, oh I bought the C&G formula etc....

Like she is being paid by C&G to promote their other stuff. So she's hardly going to go and buy Aptamil etc
    She should have not have given the name of the company. She did promote it by just giving the name .

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Sufitzy

She's clearly upset over it, it's not nice to see someone so visibly upset but surely she realised that the whole breast v formula would attract so much attention.

While it's not nice to see someone so upset, she needs to realise that when you share so(ooooo) much of your life with strangers, they are going to have an opinion and they are going to judge you. It's like she expects people to just watch her in a mind numbing trance and have no opinion, only praise is welcomed. Now it's different if people were being nasty and saying stuff about her appearance or her baby or whatever, but when you share so much of your life choices with complete strangers then don't be surprised when they pick up on or don't agree with something you do.
    She seems completely in shock that people would be vocal about something that they don't agree with.

tomwaits48 wrote: »

Worked lol some gave up
    Jobs for their blogs

Since she's being paid by C&G it isn't a huge leap to assume that her talking about formula is part of the deal even if it isn't. It's illegal to promote formula and she know's how big her following is so it was stupid to talk about it. Intentional or not, she was promoting it.

Just followed her there to see. Is she being paid to promote it? She made it look as though she just popped to the shops to pick some up. Again I'm not an avid follower so I wouldn't know any backstory. Also I had to roll my eyes when she wrote "I've done great things for breast feeding in Ireland".

She is affiliated with c&g so she's paid she mentioned them on her Snapchat and showed the receipt it's illegal to promote formula unfortunately any young mothers influenced by her may not know she's affiliated as she has a tendency to deny any associations she has with brands so they make take her word as gospel as opposed to
    The truth she is paid to promote them

wyrn wrote: »
    I actually felt sorry for her. I thought she wasn't being sponsored and was just sharing her new mammy worries. From the sounds of it, it seems she's getting a lot of backlash. I never realised advertising formula was illegal.

That said, I was thinking of unfollowing her because of all the snaps of her baby - I've nothing against babies but I didn't follow her to see lots of stories about her baby. I also feel really uncomfortable seeing so many intrusive pics about her family and I don't think it's really fair on her child.
    I unfollowed for the same reason her baby is lovely but it's endless snaps I feel like I'm intruding too as she never stops snapping not even for xmas or at a family event how does she not just enjoy the moment she's in instead of constant snapping the one thing that made me want to delete was she was in her sisters job and she zoomed in on people shopping for veg and mocked them and I just thought that if that was my mother or family she was slagging and showing in snapchat I'd be disgusted and in sure the super market her sister works in would be disgusted at their customers lack of privacy

heyjude88 wrote: »
    She said a few days ago on snapchat that she needed to go buy formula.
    Then she snapped her receipt saying, see I paid for it myself its not sponsored, I paid with my own money etc.
    Then her next snap was about it was illegal to be paid to promote formulas and that again it wasn't sponsored.
    After that, still in the car, she snapped, oh I bought the C&G formula etc....

Like she is being paid by C&G to promote their other stuff. So she's hardly going to go and buy Aptamil etc
    She should have not have given the name of the company. She did promote it by just giving the name .
    And the company need to speak about what she did because it throws shade at them and their credibility

While it's not nice to see someone so upset, she needs to realise that when you share so(ooooo) much of your life with strangers, they are going to have an opinion and they are going to judge you. It's like she expects people to just watch her in a mind numbing trance and have no opinion, only praise is welcomed. Now it's different if people were being nasty and saying stuff about her appearance or her baby or whatever, but when you share so much of your life choices with complete strangers then don't be surprised when they pick up on or don't agree with something you do.
    She seems completely in shock that people would be vocal about something that they don't agree with.

She really does seem in shock as she said she has 50 thousand people watching her so someone is going to have an opinion especially when promoting a company and pretending your not although the company she's promoting have a duty to make sure she is transparent to her followers and in fairness she snaps from the minute she opens her eyes until
    She goes to sleep she's putting her whole life out there and it's bound to attract criticism

• Advertisement

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Since she's being paid by C&G it isn't a huge leap to assume that her talking about formula is part of the deal even if it isn't. It's illegal to promote formula and she know's how big her following is so it was stupid to talk about it. Intentional or not, she was promoting it.

She Denies it though that's the thing

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JellieBabie

I find her incredibly boring to watch, I honestly don't know how she's amassed 50,000 followers. Like she snaps the most mundane things, like making tea, making her boring dinners, lying in bed, constant pics of her cat and her child. I'd get a cat if I wanted to see endless videos of it walking around.

Can someone explain to me how she has so many followers?!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

I find her incredibly boring to watch, I honestly don't know how she's amassed 50,000 followers. Like she snaps the most mundane things, like making tea, making her boring dinners, lying in bed, constant pics of her cat and her child. I'd get a cat if I wanted to see endless videos of it walking around.

I honestly don't know. Her inability to #ad irks me immensely, and I feel her fans are bordering obsessive with how much they "love" her and the child. There's a lot of hassle on the support group page thing she set up too, people seem rightly confused by her stance on formula.

Anyone else see that probably the biggest blogger here is going to make a special effort to do non spon blog posts. I'm left wondering what of "her" previous work is actually sponsored if she has to go to that length. Plenty of bloggers (one that posts here too) make it super clear what's paid for and what's not.

In fairness this time a year and a half ago her snapchat was totally different. It was more about companies sending stuff to a select few bloggers and then it just blew up.

She was on the slimming world diet and had such good motivation. She worked in river island and then for bare minerals and she showed really interesting stuff. She lost a few stone and was a good inspiration and passed on motivational tips etc. I remember at one stage she would go for runs with her sister and would snap saying everyone get up and run and we can do it together. She had a regularly updated blog as well.

I loved watching her and found her interesting and normal. Not as fake as some others.

EDIT: just saw her snaps today and I do feel so sad for her. I just wish she was more transparent with her #ads etc. I really do think that would help her. The baby formula was ridiculous. She wasn't paid as its illegal, but shes paid by that company for other #ads, so she should never have said the name of the formula she bought. This is what annoys people.

That's the only problem I have with her is she never #ad and if she does she's forced to by being called out and at that it will be done on one platform and not the others the worse thing she did for herself was pretend to buy her mam that television when all the other bloggers #ad she was asked outright on twitter and that was her chance to be clear and she wasn't I used to really enjoy her snaps and bit by bit they became ads and product placement when I saw the video of her partner saying he hated Snapchat till he realised all the money they could make it turned me right off she just snaps way to much even giving her sick child medicine syringe in one hand phone in the other it really should be quality over quantity

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JellieBabie

Even just there today she has snaps of herself at home with the family and it's just random snaps of her little relatives and them all sitting around eating. Like that's not interesting? I just don't get it.

I get why people follow some of the big bloggers who snap their outfits a lot and make-up they use etc. Like Rosanna Davison is somewhat interesting because she snaps her daily diet and different recipes and she always has cool outfits. Likewise Terrie McEvoy goes travelling a lot so that's cool to see.

But the Baby Formula Blogger just posts really bland things.. like if I started snapping my cups of tea and my little nephews randomly and non stop videos of my dog just walking past (not even doing anything funny) I don't think I'd amass a big fanbase??

• Advertisement

*Note to self - stop snapping videos of my dog* :D

I stopped following her on snapchat just before Christmas. Was starting to find the exact same things all of you have said. Just getting to much into snapping daily stuff and to much of it! Dont miss her at all to be honest!

Anyone else see that probably the biggest blogger here is going to make a special effort to do non spon blog posts. I'm left wondering what of "her" previous work is actually sponsored if she has to go to that length. Plenty of bloggers (one that posts here too) make it super clear what's paid for and what's not.

I posted about this a page or 2 back. I took from it that they must be something to them being sponsored or ad in some shape of form if she is making such a big deal about doing 1 a week for the month of January? Did you think different?

idunno78 wrote: »
    I posted about this a page or 2 back. I took from it that they must be something to them being sponsored or ad in some shape of form if she is making such a big deal about doing 1 a week for the month of January? Did you think different?

Sorry I'm a couple of glasses of vino in! ;) Basically my point was, because she's making such a hooha about nonspon content, does that mean there was some element of advert to all her previous bits that weren't blatantly labelled #ad?

It's kinda sad that she has to make a big deal about not doing sponsored content one day a week for a whole four weeks. I mean sad in the literal sense, like this is how blogging is gone now, most stuff is now sponsored and so anything that isn't sponsored is treated as special and irregular and treated as such a big deal. Blogging as we knew it is dead.

• Advertisement

Sorry I'm a couple of glasses of vino in! ;) Basically my point was, because she's making such a hooha about nonspon content, does that mean there was some element of advert to all her previous bits that weren't blatantly labelled #ad?

I thought maybe I might have taken it up wrong that just why I asked! It really looks that way doesn't it!! Shouldn't she be showing prodducts she likes for nothing bar the fact she likes and uses them! Isn't that part of the point of blogging!

Enjoy your Vinos and A Happy New Year to you and all you others 😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

I know a blogger through work, blogging isn't her day job, she has openly admitted that she doesn't feature anything on her blog that she isn't paid to feature. She doesn't use snapchat so it's not anyone who has been referred to in this thread. That seems to be the way blogging has gone now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Hear the boyfriend in the background shouting out hashtag not sponsored as well, he's such a hoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I noticed three different bloggers on snapchat featuring the same bundle of products from Meaghars that they said they bought from their local branches. Isn't it very likely this is an ad that they're not disclosing? All mentioned the Meaghars brand and talked about the products in a very specific way.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Lazy gal, is this on Snapchat? I left Snapchat four weeks ago and honestly a lot of what is mentioned here doesn't seem to be on other social media. I now notice that most are lazy and only use Snapchat

I know a blogger ( who contributes to this thread) had a disagreement (?) With the owner of Meaghers, would love to know why but assume because of advertising with bloggers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

But the Baby Formula Blogger just posts really bland things.. like if I started snapping my cups of tea and my little nephews randomly and non stop videos of my dog just walking past (not even doing anything funny) I don't think I'd amass a big fanbase??

Who is the Baby Formula/Curry's 'blogger'. I'm quite intrigued.

Blogger who is an ambassador for a tea brand, has just shown her daily supplements , which included a vitamin and teatox from this tea brand. Surely that needs to be #ad??

She had a big rant this morning in regards to influencers, content, ads etc and that how she is one of the original Irish bloggers and of course she makes money as its her job etc. She basically said she's always transparent and it's obvious blogging is her career and that's she's earning fom the monetary value from advertising etc. She then says she wants to give her followers what they want, blog posts. I think followers want to see #ad more then rehashed blogs.

She brought up the #ad topic herself so very surprising she didn't use it a few snaps later.
    I rewatched her snaps and to me she basically is saying she's a big blogger and it's obviously she is being paid so get over it.

Blogger just now who is an ambassador for a tea brand, has just shown her daily supplements , which is included a vitamin and teatox from this tea brand. Surely that needs to be #ad??

She had a big rant this morning in regards to influencers, content, ads etc and that how she is one of the original Irish bloggers and of course she makes money as its her job etc. She basically said she's always transparent and it's obvious blogging is her career and that's she's earning fom the monatising and advertising etc.

She brought up the #ad topic herself so very surprising she didn't use it !

She's mentioned the tea and D heaps of times without #ad. Even if it's not an ad as such, there's a definite conflict of interest when she's a "brand ambassador"

Blogger who is an ambassador for a tea brand, has just shown her daily supplements , which included a vitamin and teatox from this tea brand. Surely that needs to be #ad??

She had a big rant this morning in regards to influencers, content, ads etc and that how she is one of the original Irish bloggers and of course she makes money as its her job etc. She basically said she's always transparent and it's obvious blogging is her career and that's she's earning fom the monetary value from advertising etc. She then says she wants to give her followers what they want, blog posts. I think followers want to see #ad more then rehashed blogs.

She brought up the #ad topic herself so very surprising she didn't use it a few snaps later.
    I rewatched her snaps and to me she basically is saying she's a big blogger and it's obviously she is being paid so get over it.
    I watched her snaps i wonder will she stick to her word and snap less and only about interesting content she's right some bloggers especially the currys/baby formula blogger snap all day about nothing snaps of the cat or the baby or her food so boring I unfollowed I followed bloggers for years when they were putting out content on their blogs and YouTube snapchat should be an extension of that but for some it's literally the only content they put out whoever is managing the baby formula blogger they need to start advising her on the rules and regulations of ads ect because she has no clue
    she did say she is affiliated with them but she should have #ad in her earlier snaps when she talked about drinking it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

frogstar wrote: »
    Lazy gal, is this on Snapchat? I left Snapchat four weeks ago and honestly a lot of what is mentioned here doesn't seem to be on other social media. I now notice that most are lazy and only use Snapchat

I know a blogger ( who contributes to this thread) had a disagreement (?) With the owner of Meaghers, would love to know why but assume because of advertising with bloggers?

Yes, snapchat.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement