Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloggers and #ad (Naming bloggers means a ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

heyjude88 wrote: »
    Blogger who is an ambassador for a tea brand, has just shown her daily supplements , which included a vitamin and teatox from this tea brand. Surely that needs to be #ad??

She had a big rant this morning in regards to influencers, content, ads etc and that how she is one of the original Irish bloggers and of course she makes money as its her job etc. She basically said she's always transparent and it's obvious blogging is her career and that's she's earning fom the monetary value from advertising etc. She then says she wants to give her followers what they want, blog posts. I think followers want to see #ad more then rehashed blogs.

She brought up the #ad topic herself so very surprising she didn't use it a few snaps later.
    I rewatched her snaps and to me she basically is saying she's a big blogger and it's obviously she is being paid so get over it.
    I get the feeling that she might be reading this thread.

I found her snaps about her supplements hard to watch and very uncomfortable, same as when she did it before Christmas when she was taking folic acid (during the time that was being sponsored online). I know it's not strictly medical advice but I think it's really irresponsible to be promoting supplements like that, especially when you take a number of different things. She seems to be eating a really balanced diet, so I can't see the need for her to take these things. I'm just worried that people will start copying what she's taking when it might not be good for them. You have to be really careful when taking supplements and your intake. You could be taking more than the recommended daily allowance. She works very hard to look the way she does and if she cut out all the supplements, she'd look and feel exactly the same.

Had a big laugh at her "old school blogger" bit and how blogging has changed over the years. I thought she was going to say it's been 10 years or something since she started, but no it's only 4 and a half. That said I do think the fashion/beauty/makeup blogging has changed big time. Maybe the older bloggers (in terms of work not age) feel like they are losing some of the market share to the newer bloggers?

I like to skim through snapchat bloggers and if something catches my eye, I'll check out their blog posts. I don't have the patience for checking all the different social media accounts (and I REALLY hate it when people called Instagram, The Gram). I'm finding though some snapchat stories are far too intrusive about bloggers personal life (I felt really uncomfortable at the story on the wedding the other day so I skipped through) and some stories are just far too long so again I end up skimming through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

What the hell was that about? Like she came on to say she won't be snapping as often, only if it's an informative part of her day, but then goes on to post her usual 150+snaps of her usual content like no difference whatsoever, and the added screenshot of her followers telling her how inspirational she is, like I don't get the point behind what she did? She's still snapping the same. And I actually agreed with a lot of what she said at the start, blogging has gone ridiculous now and it's mind numbing and has lost its soul, but she undid everything she said by not #ad throughout her snaps about the supplements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

She's right that there are too many people posting complete shi*e on Snapchat chat and calling themselves bloggers while not actually blogging. I have unfollowed Currys blogger for this reason. Snaps of friend's kids, family weddings and the mother's cat are just not interesting to me. She should consider quality over quantity.

As for the vitamins, Irish people generally don't get enough vitamin D because we don't get enough sunshine. A balanced diet won't necessarily give you everything you need so don't see anything wrong with her supplementing. Won't get in to the # side of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

"So when I'm discussing any sort of products like this and I don't put #AD that is because I am an ambassador for said brand and I'm coming to give you guys amazing discounts (and in text: or information)" (after giving a 20% discount code for tea).

Taken word for word, no paraphrasing. Now I'm sorry but wut?! Again, brand ambassador is a total conflict of interest and is probably one of the main reasons I can think of a reason to use #ad? Or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

She's right that there are too many people posting complete shi*e on Snapchat chat and calling themselves bloggers while not actually blogging. I have unfollowed Currys blogger for this reason. Snaps of friend's kids, family weddings and the mother's cat are just not interesting to me. She should consider quality over quantity.

You unfollowed at the right time this mornings snap was of her mother cleaning a press out under the stairs that inspired me to unfollow it's zero interesting content every single day all day it is the same thing telling people she's awake snap after snap of the baby the breakfast the cat visiting people's houses playing games I actually feel like I'm looking in their window watching them or I'm an unwanted guest lol if it's not that it's endless ads and her pretending they're not ads I used to love her but have lost all respect with the way she conducts herself with companies and lying to her followers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

"So when I'm discussing any sort of products like this and I don't put #AD that is because I am an ambassador for said brand and I'm coming to give you guys amazing discounts (and in text: or information)" (after giving a 20% discount code for tea).

Taken word for word, no paraphrasing. Now I'm sorry but wut?! Again, brand ambassador is a total conflict of interest and is probably one of the main reasons I can think of a reason to use #ad? Or am I missing something?
    I think this might be the crux of the issue - there doesn't seem to be (or maybe there is) any formal classification system for what constitutes as benefit in kind / sponsored / ad / brand ambassador etc...

Cria wrote: »

You unfollowed at the right time this mornings snap was of her mother cleaning a press out under the stairs that inspired me to unfollow it's zero interesting content every single day all day it is the same thing telling people she's awake snap after snap of the baby the breakfast the cat visiting people's houses playing games I actually feel like I'm looking in their window watching them or I'm an unwanted guest lol if it's not that it's endless ads and her pretending they're not ads I used to love her but have lost all respect with the way she conducts herself with companies and lying to her followers

I thought you had unfollowed her?

Her mother has no privacy since the daughter moved in. I wonder did she want 50k people to see her cleaning out under the stairs or was she even aware. My mother would be mortified if anyone seen the junk that's under our stairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I agreed with a lot of what she said, I usually do anyway. While her sweaty snaps and legs walkung should go forever, her stories lately have been way shorter and often just photos. There's nothing more annoying than when you like a snapper so won't delete them but have to wade through a full day of mostly nothing to find interesting things.
    But then she started pointing out spots so that was grim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

I only found this thread today. I don't use snapchat so I reckon a lot of the bloggers discussed here, I won't know, but over Christmas I unfollowed the "main" bloggers from Facebook, twitter and Instagram. I genuinely feel that everything is for sale with them and that they don't review anything anymore or even do make up tutorials (those that are trained MUAs). Other than One blog I don't think any other Irish blogger called out a certain bloggers branded palette for being exactly what it is: mediocre. Are there any honest bloggers giving honest make up/beauty product reviews anymore? All I see on IG these days is the fabulous (sponsored) lifestyles they lead, which is fine if they can get it but that's not real life for the rest of us, it's just an advert.

anna080 wrote: »

I have. I didn't post about her posts this morning?! That was Cria. You e quoted both our posts together.

Last I watched she was posting about the cat, some friend's baby in costa. People on this thread mentioned a wedding a few days ago.

I have. I didn't post about her posts this morning?! That was Cria. You e quoted both our posts together.

Last I watched she was posting about the cat, some friend's baby in costa. People on this thread mentioned a wedding a few days ago.

Ya sorry I was quoting Cria. She said she had unfollowed her the other day.

wyrn wrote: »
    I think this might be the crux of the issue - there doesn't seem to be (or maybe there is) any formal classification system for what constitutes as benefit in kind / sponsored / ad / brand ambassador etc...

Out of interest I've just read the ASAI guidelines and section 46 of the consumer protection act (07). I'd imagine if I was a blogger/vlogger/influencer I would do more than read them, I'd study them.

I found the following pretty apt for the tea ambassador:

>When a blogger enters into a commercial arrangement with an advertiser to promote the company’s products
    or services through their blog then they are effectively acting as a publisher and they have a responsibility to
    indicate to their readers what material is marketing communications (marcom) material.

Edit - There's also this:

>If a brand sponsors a blogger but has no control over the material, then it is not likely to be marcom, but good
    practice would suggest that the commercial relationship is disclosed.

but because there was such a big ordeal made over the relationship it's not exactly a secret. I also highly doubt she's being given free reign on what she says about the products.

Did I ?????

I musn't have in the end probably forgot because I was busy ??

• Advertisement

I'll sometimes refollow one I have unfollowed to see something specific if people are discussing it here, such as the lady who reviewed the fairy wands. I previously unfollowed her but wanted to see her snaps about that whole commotion. I'll generally unfollow them again after. Another is the fake tan blogger. I refollowed her over Xmas because I read here she was addressing the # issue on a Q&A one day on Snapchat and I wanted to hear what she had to say. I find her snaps v annoying though generally so unfollowed her again very quickly after.

Her mother has no privacy since the daughter moved in. I wonder did she want 50k people to see her cleaning out under the stairs or was she even aware. My mother would be mortified if anyone seen the junk that's under our stairs.
    My mother would kill me A) for filming her and putting it on Snapchat and B) for not helping her especially after the bloggers mother said it was all her crap she just walked off and left her lol

Also on the topic of supplements, I started to think about the whole vitamin D thing that the Miss Fit brand started.
    The pharmacist said that particular brand was just hype and you can get a multivitamin that contans 100% of your vitamin D intake plus a number of others for the same price.

I also tend to avoid the pharmacies that heavily affiliate themselves with bloggers, like Meaghers and Cara. i was hoping to see a sample of the silk pillowcase but was told they don't do that.

I'll sometimes refollow one I have unfollowed to see something specific if people are discussing it here, such as the lady who reviewed the fairy wands. I previously unfollowed her but wanted to see her snaps about that whole commotion. I'll generally unfollow them again after. Another is the fake tan blogger. I refollowed her over Xmas because I read here she was addressing the # issue on a Q&A one day on Snapchat and I wanted to hear what she had to say. I find her snaps v annoying though generally so unfollowed her again very quickly after.
    That's what I do unfollow read something here and re add to watch that snap and sometimes forget to unfollow again actually that why i re added her the other day because of the baby formula thing I might even re add her if I read something else on this lol

I unfollowed for the same reason her baby is lovely but it's endless snaps I feel like I'm intruding too as she never stops snapping not even for xmas or at a family event how does she not just enjoy the moment she's in instead of constant snapping the one thing that made me want to delete was she was in her sisters job and she zoomed in on people shopping for veg and mocked them and I just thought that if that was my mother or family she was slagging and showing in snapchat I'd be disgusted and in sure the super market her sister works in would be disgusted at their customers lack of privacy

This is your reply from the other day. You seem to be really irritated by her snaps yet you continue to watch her. I've no interest in her daily life it seems so mundane to me so I unfollowed her. I suggest you do the same? Start off the new year afresh. Sometimes you have to ask yourself what is it you're actually getting from watching these people.

• Advertisement

This is your reply from the other day. You seem to be really irritated by her snaps yet you continue to watch her. I've no interest in her daily life it seems so mundane to me so I unfollowed her. I suggest you do the same? Start off the new year afresh. Sometimes you have to ask yourself what is it you're actually getting from watching these people.
    I'm perplexed as to why your interested in what I have to say it appears like your irritated by me to be honest I wouldn't be able to quote you because after I read the comments I go on with my day and forget exactly what anyone else said I re added her by the looks of it someone probably messaged me to look at something she did it's really not a big deal is it I'm happy doing what I do I'll continue to conduct myself how I feel tbh this isn't the first time or thread you've remarked in this manner to my comments have I done something to offend you ??

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

I do think the blogger I wrote about today follows this thread. It was only after I posted that she added a heap of snaps about not having to #ad it as shes an ambassador. In case people think I was picking on her or jumping to conclusions, she only added those snaps afterwards!

She should still have to #ad it. I do think that the company should address this issue, as they have they own snapchat etc.

I'm perplexed as to why your interested in what I have to say it appears like your irritated by me to be honest I wouldn't be able to quote you because after I read the comments I go on with my day and forget exactly what anyone else said I re added her by the looks of it someone probably messaged me to look at something she did it's really not a big deal is it I'm happy doing what I do I'll continue to conduct myself how I feel tbh this isn't the first time or thread you've remarked in this manner to my comments have I done something to offend you ??

No. But this thread is about non disclose of ads, but you seem to dislike the majority of this girls content and seem to want to have a rant about that. So, why are you following her?

I do think the blogger I wrote about today follows this thread. It was only after I posted that she added a heap of snaps about not having to #ad it as shes an ambassador. In case people think I was picking on her or jumping to conclusions, she only added those snaps afterwards!

She should still have to #ad it. I do think that the company should address this issue, as they have they own snapchat etc.

Did she I must look .. I agree with you the company has a duty to make sure these bloggers are following guidelines

No. But this thread is about non disclose of ads, but you seem to dislike the majority of this girls content and seem to want to have a rant about that. So, why are you following her?[/
    I'm a glutton for punishment lol it's no big deal don't worry about it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

Tbh, it makes me uneasy when bloggers become brand ambassadors for supplements and vitamins etc. I mean there is such a thing as overdosing on supplements. They may be just reading from a script but they aren't healthcare professionals and I know that doesn't mean much because you can basically pick up supplements with your groceries, but I can't help but feel uneasy about it.

The tea blogger is really fit and really healthy but that's not down to taking supplements and drinking detox tea's, it's down to her hard work in the gym and with her diet so it really irks me that she is peddling this stuff. It's almost like false advertising in my eyes because if you never knew who she was and you found her through her tea promotion, one could assume that's the cause and effect of using said tea's (or that's what they want you to believe).

It's shady IMO

To be fair, she has stated that drinking detox teas has not made her fit and toned and they must be taken with a balanced diet. Generally everytime she says this she directs people to her blog.
    If people are stupid enough to go blindly into anything it's the marketer's dream, but not the bloggers fault. Even if it was written from a script, you'd only have to follow her snaps for a few hours to see it's not as if she sits around eating chocolate and saying it's all down to some tea.

To be fair, she has stated that drinking detox teas has not made her fit and toned and they must be taken with a balanced diet. Generally everytime she says this she directs people to her blog.
    If people are stupid enough to go blindly into anything it's the marketer's dream, but not the bloggers fault. Even if it was written from a script, you'd only have to follow her snaps for a few hours to see it's not as if she sits around eating chocolate and saying it's all down to some tea.

Yeah I completely agree with you, but there are people out there that believe the hype. Clearly it's only about money for her because if I worked my butt off as much as she has, I wouldn't promote something that seems like it's a 'shortcut'. Tbh it just seems contradictory to me imo

• Registered Users Posts: 39 heretogetreal

I find her incredibly boring to watch, I honestly don't know how she's amassed 50,000 followers. Like she snaps the most mundane things, like making tea, making her boring dinners, lying in bed, constant pics of her cat and her child. I'd get a cat if I wanted to see endless videos of it walking around.

Can someone explain to me how she has so many followers?!

It's baffling!!! She is clearly milking the industry for money, doesn't produce ANY quality content & seems to not actually have a life outside of SC... I unfollowed her before she even got pregnant & her snaps were dull as dishwater then so I can only imagine how boring they are now!

Why people follow her is literally BEYOND me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Been reading this thread for a while... not sure why, cos I stopped following almost all of the people you've mentioned ages ago. And to be honest, I'm not quite sure why I started following *them* in the first place. Curiosity, maybe. Or FOMO- I mean, so many other women around my age were following these various "influencers", so I said I would too. But I've kind of reached my peak of the whole snapchat thing really. Most of them post the same stuff, and very few of them anymore do any actual decent blogging. I don't even care about the whole #ad thing anymore, as I don't mind them making money- just snapchat alone seems like such a cop out. Even of those that do write up blog posts, it seems like they are just token entries or have poor grammar/spelling/layout. That *really* bugs me. It's so lazy- and to be honest (and I acknowledge this may seem snobby), it just means I can't take the person seriously as a blogger at all.

I dunno, I think as well as all that, the novelty just wore off and I feel it's all a bit cringe. I LOVE makeup, and will still continue to read the blogs I feel are decent on that front. There are a few YouTube accounts I find interesting too, whether they do sponsored content or not. But as far as snapchat is concerned, I've pretty much reached the end of that road with the vast majority of the accounts I follow. Actually, I kind of wince when I think of the time I wasted last year watching pure $hite talk on snapchat, and I'm not doing that again in 2017- not when I could be doing things like housework, exercise, calling a friend- or reading a decent blog! It all just seems so vacuous. Snapchat, despite maybe raising profiles, has not been good for blogging itself, and it's definitely led to people buying way more stuff than they need (and I include myself in that). So, no more for me.

Anyway, that's my two cents. On with the cull!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 heretogetreal

https://www.businessoffashion.com/articles/news-analysis/ftc-to-crack-down-on-paid-celebrity-posts-that-arent-clear-ads

The worst culperate would be screwed!

It's funny cause she's managed to amass a following who seem to see her as the girl next door when all the while she's the least genuine Irish blogger who'll only peddle things to her unsuspecting 'fans' for a 4 figure sum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu0Zkfnyksk

Just thought I would share this video (hope it's ok to post as its not specific to and Irish influencer).
    Even though this is originally about a specific US influencer, at the 3:20 ish minute mark, this video really gives us an in-depth explaination on how sponsored/affiliate/brand ambassador content is explained and how some of the biggest beauty guru's/influencers disguise the way they are being paid.

Hope this is ok to post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu0Zkfnyksk

Just thought I would share this video (hope it's ok to post as its not specific to and Irish influencer).
    Even though this is originally about a specific US influencer, at the 3:20 ish minute mark, this video really gives us an in-depth explaination on how sponsored/affiliate/brand ambassador content is explained and how some of the biggest beauty guru's/influencers disguise the way they are being paid.

Hope this is ok to post

So interesting. Knew most of it already, but hopefully some followers will see the bigger picture if they watch this!
    Theres a pharmacy and a tea company that has different bloggers (or influencers.....) involved and always give out discount codes, so its interesting as these bloggers are obviously making lots of money if their followers use their specific codes.

I think it kinda could explain how like the Curry's blogger didn't put #ad on her snapchat on some Meaghers Pharmacy stuff before Christmas where others had.
    I think this is something that should definitely become more transparent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

When I watched it it reminded me off the narrative to making a murderer... It was very like investigative journalism :)

In relation to the discount codes, I don't think that happens here in that if a code gives you 10% off, it actually means 10% off? From the video it made it sound like one big con and only the blogger received a %?

frogstar wrote: »
    When I watched it it reminded me off the narrative to making a murderer... It was very like investigative journalism :)

In relation to the discount codes, I don't think that happens here in that if a code gives you 10% off, it actually means 10% off? From the video it made it sound like one big con and only the blogger received a %?

From my own understanding any code that was specific to a certain blogger/influencer resulted in a percentage for the blogger/influencer. So while the customer might get 10/20% off, the blogger/influencer that the discount is associated to gets a cut. It doesn't make a difference to the customer, but the blogger still gets their bit.

As to the video mentioned above, I could only watch the first 5 minutes. Yer ones accent drove me mad!

But it does make the point of affiliates. Shadey as f.

frogstar wrote: »

Haha I find her voice really soothing I dunno why ha.

What I think she was saying and what I got from the % thing was (and I'm possibly 100% wrong here ha) that the say for example Meaghers knew that they were willing to try push a certain item, for example, the brush cleaner, they would give an affiliate a coupon code so like Currys10 but they were already counting on the price being 10% cheaper because they've made the discount code available to nearly every influencer. So say they bought the brush cleaner wholesale for example €4 with and RRP of €7 or €8 and then instead of selling it at like €10, it's now €9 (paying the Influencer €1 per sale) so they make the consumer think they've made a 10% savings when in fact they probably haven't, all in all they've still made a €1-2 profit on said item.

I could be wholly wrong and I'm most likely am, but that's what I got from what she was saying haha

What I think she was saying and what I got from the % thing was (and I'm possibly 100% wrong here ha) that the say for example Meaghers knew that they were willing to try push a certain item, for example, the brush cleaner, they would give an affiliate a coupon code so like Currys10 but they were already counting on the price being 10% cheaper because they've made the discount code available to nearly every influencer. So say they bought the brush cleaner wholesale for example €4 with and RRP of €7 or €8 and then instead of selling it at like €10, it's now €9 (paying the Influencer €1 per sale) so they make the consumer think they've made a 10% savings when in fact they probably haven't, all in all they've still made a €1-2 profit on said item.

I could be wholly wrong and I'm most likely am, but that's what I got from what she was saying haha

"Currys10" :P :P :P Too funny

Yeah i would agree with you thats how it happens price wise!

It's highly likely because the same discount % was given to a few bloggers with regards to numerous brands. Only thing that changes was the name.. e.g.. Mary10, John10, etc

• Advertisement

So what's basically happening is mentioning the company and the code they get paid for followers using the code it's just a way around advertising a company without having to #ad or #spon one more way for them to be non transparent and shady making out they are doing the follower a favour when in actual fact they are getting paid and is this not considered advertising by the ASAI ??

This is why I get annoyed with the lack of transparency. Like we are now hearing 'I'm not sponsored' but in reality they are an affiliate which is still paid work haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pocketrocket1

this isn't alway the case with discount codes. I know plenty of bloggers who receive codes for readers and get 0 from it. Maybe the currys blogger and the some of the big dogs get a percentage, but most don't. Sometimes, there might be a fee involved to promote the code and that should be #ad but more most there is no money made from discounts.

this isn't alway the case with discount codes. I know plenty of bloggers who receive codes for readers and get 0 from it. Maybe the currys blogger and the some of the big dogs get a percentage, but most don't. Sometimes, there might be a fee involved to promote the code and that should be #ad but more most there is no money made from discounts.

Plenty disclose when they get nothing from a discount code but again its the lack of transparency.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Babyspice13

One blogger has mentioned three times this week about wanting to go to Monart. I seen one blogger who went for free (fully disclosed it was free). Wonder how long it takes the other blogger to be offered a freebie!

I see she's there at the moment. I don't follow her on Snapchat, so don't know if it was a gift or freebie

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭fed_u

Also can't figure out if it was a gift as she had hopped the hubby would get it as her xmas gift!
    I feel in the run up to Christmas a lot of their dealings came to light as they got gifts from loads of company's! There did seem to be an awful lot of #ad and #spon appearing everywhere aswell but not seeing much at the minute!!
    Also what is the position with samples? Jeans blogger showed products from MAC by Mariah and on the underneath of all bits when showing names it said 'sample'

• Advertisement

I just saw snaps from the one with the new clothes range, talking again about the once weekly not sponsored reviews.
    She was saying how of course bloggers are paid. Yes, we all know that, but we'd like you to highlight paid posts as you should so that people know there was consideration given for the review.
    I don't know why she finds that so hard to grasp.
    She also mentioned how if she doesn't like something she'll send it back and refuse to review it. Wouldn't it be better to just give the negative/less than glowing review? That's why bloggers became popular in the first place, because they're not human ads. I'm disappointed.

Also, stop pushing the Galway tickets so much. They're not selling because it's been less than a year since the last one, they're all the same and the goodie bag was absolute crap.

fed_u wrote: »
    Also can't figure out if it was a gift as she had hopped the hubby would get it as her xmas gift!
    I feel in the run up to Christmas a lot of their dealings came to light as they got gifts from loads of company's! There did seem to be an awful lot of #ad and #spon appearing everywhere aswell but not seeing much at the minute!!
    Also what is the position with samples? Jeans blogger showed products from MAC by Mariah and on the underneath of all bits when showing names it said 'sample'

All of the press drops from MAC have "sample" on them. The M.Carey thing launched for MAX before Christmas and basically all bloggers were sent the collection.

I want to know what products are rubbish and what to avoid just as much as I want to know what's amazing. If you've tried something and didn't like it, what's the harm in letting people know? Crazy talk. It's her job.

Also I don't understand how getting a collection of full sized items can be considered a sample. Haha

I want to know what products are rubbish and what to avoid just as much as I want to know what's amazing. If you've tried something and didn't like it, what's the harm in letting people know? Crazy talk. It's her job.

The bad reviews means those companies won't send any more products to them. A lot of makeup companies double up, eg, Estée Lauder, MAC, Smashbox, Glamglow (and more) are all the same company.

Mess with one, mess with them all I think :)

I think the carpet company does deals with these bloggers, thats the 3rd one in recent months to get their carpet from the same place and give a glowing long random snap review. ( I'm sure sooooo many people asked about your carpet thats never on show.....)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement