Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible sensor fault (Astec alarm)

Options
  • 12-08-2016 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

I have an Astec alarm with a possible faulty sensor.

The alarm will not set, either fully or partially.

I have attached a picture of the error, hopefully this helps. :)

Is a new sensor easily sourced? I know these alarms are not sold anymore.

File_12_08_2016_21_16_37.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes sensors and contacts can be added to these systems. You need a 680ohm resistor across any contacts. Disconnect and close off the sensors on that zone one by one untill the fault clears. That will be the unit you need to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭McGrath5

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yes sensors and contacts can be added to these systems. You need a 680ohm resistor across any contacts. Disconnect and close off the sensors on that zone one by one untill the fault clears. That will be the unit you need to replace.

Thanks for your reply, sorry but closing off the sensor, what exactly does this mean?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you open a sensor you will see 3 connections. Remove the 2 outer cables & join together.
    If there is a resistor in one of them connect one wire to each end of the resistor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭McGrath5

KoolKid wrote: »
    If you open a sensor you will see 3 connections. Remove the 2 outer cables & join together.
    If there is a resistor in one of them connect one wire to each end of the resistor.

I'll give this a go, thanks for your help.

Advertisement