Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infracted in after hours Rio thread

Options
  • 12-08-2016 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

Hello mods,

I posted a tongue in cheek joke about sexual performance in relation to the rowing silver medallists.

Twice in the thread I was personally abused, reported said posts and no infractions were handed out.

I feel my posts are subjected to more rigorous standards than the gallery .

I am cognisant of the fact I am just back from a ban but I get the impression it isn't a level playing field.

Denigrating other nations seems ok but the odd critique of Ireland and the wagons get circled.

While my posts may be close to the bone at times , they do have their thankers and the odd person who seconds the point made.

I don't think I'm getting a fair shake.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'll have a look into this for you. Can you confirm you've tried to resolve this with the mod?

If you have can you forward the PM exchange or post it here and I'll look into it as soon as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I'll have a look into this for you. Can you confirm you've tried to resolve this with the mod?

If you have can you forward the PM exchange or post it here and I'll look into it as soon as possible.

The mod has subsequently banned me for posting a completely innocuous post in the thread again .

He never mentioned to me in infraction that I couldn't post again in thread.

I'm reticent to engage with the mod any further based on this heavy handedness . I wouldn't expect a conciliatory stance after him/her has now buttressed their already over the top decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OP - you still need to try. Send the mod a PM explaining your posts and asking to see how you can get the card reviewed. The DRF process can't begin until you attempt to complete the first step.

Once you have done so and allowed time for review, if not successful, post back here and send your PMs to the CMOD above so that they can proceed with the review. Most issues like yours get resolved at this first stage, DRF is meant to be the exception process and only where the first step has been attempted and a resolution/understanding has not been achieved.

Taltos wrote: »
    OP - you still need to try. Send the mod a PM explaining your posts and asking to see how you can get the card reviewed. The DRF process can't begin until you attempt to complete the first step.

Once you have done so and allowed time for review, if not successful, post back here and send your PMs to the CMOD above so that they can proceed with the review. Most issues like yours get resolved at this first stage, DRF is meant to be the exception process and only where the first step has been attempted and a resolution/understanding has not been achieved.

I have pm'd mod and am awaiting response.

still awaiting response. the response time is not good enough.

• Advertisement

Mods are volunteers and it is the weekend. Mods don''t hang around waiting to respond to PMs, fortunately.

If you haven't heard anything by this time tomorrow I'll go a head with the DRP.

He says he isn't overturning. Didn't even get into the minutae of the infraction . Just said " I'm not overturning them so you can appeal ".

I find this attitude arrogant . Controlling the discourse - in fact not even engaging in it .

I was infracted for saying " there is only one time in life where coming second is laudable , and it isn't rowing" .

Humorous word play no?

I reported another poster twice for calling me a sheepshagger and New Zealand a nation of sheep shaggers. As well as other personal abuse posts. They went unsanctioned .

It seems that a playful jibe at the Irish rowers finishing second is a no-no but denigrating a whole Southern Hemisphere nation with a lazy stereotype is allowed.

I find the whole thing distasteful and subsequent atitude of the mod very disappointing.

Thanks for that.

Can you forward the PMs between yourself and the mod, or post them here, please.

The actions of other posters have no bearing on this DRP and as such they won't be discussed but I will certainly look further into the reports you made. Bear in mind that not all mod actions are apparent so while you may feel they weren't actioned, they may well have been behind the scenes. Again though, that has no bearing here and there's no point in further references to them.

Thanks.

Hi OP, can you forward the PMs or post them here?

Or can this be marked as resolved?

pms forwarded.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the PMs received.

Can you also confirm what actions you are disputing?

You have:

-an infraction with a thread ban

-a one day ban for ignoring the thread ban

-a three day ban last night for ignoring the thread ban, again.

You have also only sent the infraction and two ban messages, can you forward the PM exchange between yourself and the mod, or post them here.

Thanks.

Thanks for the PMs received.

Can you also confirm what actions you are disputing?

You have:

-an infraction with a thread ban

-a one day ban for ignoring the thread ban

-a three day ban last night for ignoring the thread ban, again.

im disputing the initial infraction.thats what set this all off.

the thread ban was a error on my part. i thought not posting in the thread was just to coincide with the infraction.

it should have been worded " do not post in this thread ever again" in my amateur opinion.

OK, I've reviewed the infraction, I'll get to that.

Firstly I'll say that you were banned and subsequently banned again for ignoring a moderators instruction. You were clearly told in the infraction message:
    Don't post in this thread again.

You continued to post and you were banned for a day for ignoring the moderators instruction.

In that ban message you were told again about posting in the aforementioned thread:
    You were told not to post in this thread again.

You posted, again, and were banned for 3 days.

You are banned from the thread and, whether this was just or not, you should follow the moderators instructions in future to avoid being banned. If you have an issue with the thread ban you should first contact the mod and if a resolution cannot be found then contact a cmod and, if needs be, an admin.

On to the infraction itself.

You've been warned before about your posts and what is perceived by posters and mods as trolling or being on a wind up. I actually warned you myself in the Euros thread
    Mod

I've seen your posts throughout the site over the last few days. You revel in the Irish losing for some reason, considering this is an Irish board it certainly comes across as trolling.

This is a mod warning, give it a rest in AH or you'll be banned, simple as that.

Don't reply to this post, if you want to discuss it further take it to PM or Help Desk.

It is believed that you purposely post, in some instances, to wind up other posters, and that you are a WUM (Wind Up Merchant) or a troll. I find it hard to disagree with this assertation as I have witnessed what I believe to be trolling, by you, myself.
    there is only one time in life coming second is laudable and rowing isn't it!!!!!!!!!!

While this may be seen as a joke in some cases, I believe and agree with the mod, that this was simply a post made to wind up other posters and to get a reaction.

Warnings and infractions are gentle reminders to posters that they need to take note of their posting style and/or review the charter. This gentle reminder escalated to two bans because you ignored the mod instruction, twice.

I uphold the infraction and, if disputed, the bans that followed.

You can request an admin review if you wish.

Firstly. You are bringing up the euro's thread for which I have already done my time ( which I had an issue with)

I'm now being pre judged on that .

Secondly. Just because others perceive something to be trolling doesn't make it trolling . If I see an Irish fan jumping on a car in Paris I'll comment on it, if I see paddy Barnes taking pictures with Rory mcilroys ex I'll comment on it . If an Irish boxer is banned for doping I'll comment on it .

Just because the masses don't like the narrative doesn't illigitimise the content.

I report personal abuse against me twice and nothing was done. I've never abused another poster once.

I would like an admin review please.

I appreciate the time you've put in so far fwiw.

Firstly. You are bringing up the euro's thread for which I have already done my time ( which I had an issue with)

I'm now being pre judged on that .

Secondly. Just because others perceive something to be trolling doesn't make it trolling . If I see an Irish fan jumping on a car in Paris I'll comment on it, if I see paddy Barnes taking pictures with Rory mcilroys ex I'll comment on it . If an Irish boxer is banned for doping I'll comment on it .

Just because the masses don't like the narrative doesn't illigitimise the content.

I report personal abuse against me twice and nothing was done. I've never abused another poster once.

I would like an admin review please.

I appreciate the time you've put in so far fwiw.

Previous actions, in particular recent ones, are certainly taken into account, it provides some insight into your posting style and behavior.

Not prejudged but judged on all the information available to the mods and to myself here.

Absolutely correct, just because others perceive something as trolling, it doesn't make it so. At the same time, mods look into each report and use their best judgement when taking action, or not taking action, whichever the case may be. In this circumstance, as I pointed out above, it was and is believed that you were trolling, hence the thread warning from me and subsequently the infraction.

With regards to the posts you reported, I haven't looked into them yet but I will now.

You're welcome, I will mark this for admin attention. One will be with you as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there.

I have reviewed the infraction & the background to it being issued. You were warned clearly by KERSPLAT! that your recent comments in After Hours were not acceptable & that you should desist from making further comments in the same vein. You ignored the warning & the next step was an infraction (ie, a harsher warning).

When the infraction was issued it was accompanied by a clear instruction that you were not to post in that thread again. You ignored that too & were then banned.

This is fairly cut & dried from my POV, & I uphold the infraction & the ban.

As I had already warned you about your posting style across the site - a 3 month siteban will now take effect. Adjust your posting style when you return or your next ban may be permanent.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement