Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension setup

• 12-08-2016 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

So, I'm 25 I'm currently working as an IT contractor just finished collecting for a 6 month emergency fund. Now the logical step would be to set up some kind of pension/plan for the future.

Until recently I have never looked at pensions etc so the whole thing is just one big mystery.
    I have had a read through the thread which seems to be helpful, but again much of it does go over my head.
    ( cant post the link but the thread name is "Starting a pension at 30")

I've also asked Davy's for some advice re pensions so am waiting on them.

So my question is for any of yee in the know is what should I be doing. PRSA pension via Davy or similar? Or a combination of pension with something else?

The more I look into this the more I realize I may need some kind of adviser, are there any recommended?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

If you really want to go to an adviser find one where you pay him a fee and no6one who will get comissions on the products he his advising on...

If you are a bit new with finance a slf directed PRSA via Davy is not recommandable in my eyes and you should look into a PRSA via LA brokers where you don't have any contribution charge
    http://www.labrokers.ie/pensions/

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ftse100

wunderbar wrote: »
    So, I'm 25 I'm currently working as an IT contractor just finished collecting for a 6 month emergency fund. Now the logical step would be to set up some kind of pension/plan for the future.

Until recently I have never looked at pensions etc so the whole thing is just one big mystery.
    I have had a read through the thread which seems to be helpful, but again much of it does go over my head.
    ( cant post the link but the thread name is "Starting a pension at 30")

I've also asked Davy's for some advice re pensions so am waiting on them.

So my question is for any of yee in the know is what should I be doing. PRSA pension via Davy or similar? Or a combination of pension with something else?

The more I look into this the more I realize I may need some kind of adviser, are there any recommended?

Thanks
    Most decent companies have a staff pension plan and will add contributions along with your own. That is definitely the best way to get setup if you can find such a company. Going alone on it is not recommended at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 3curiosity3

I understand where you're coming from wunderbar - I've been reading many a forum / blog on the subject but I'm not much the wiser.I'd be in a similar position to yourself, wanting to get a pension started for a while now, but don't have any clue about where to start

Advertisement