Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 1 Match day Thread.

1293031323335»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

82 points - 1,800 overall

And most of all, nobody that makes me say "what in the name of god was I thinking picking him" - yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Shedite27 wrote: »
    And most of all, nobody that makes me say "what in the name of god was I thinking picking him" - yet!

This is way more important than rank at this stage.

If you are reasonably happy with the players you have and have a simple enough transfer for GW2 or set to bank it then it's a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

48 points.
    Bit of a let down but solid start. Left it too late on saturday morning to make finalise first 11 and couldn't log in which cost me 10 points.
    Vardy not taking pen and his missed chances disappointments. Will hold him I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

To be honest I've been blessed with the close calls I made, Redmond over Tadic, Lamela over Eriksen, Hazard over Sanchez, putting Foster in goal with an away fixture,
    Pure luck but lovely to get off to a nice start, hopefully my team will never see 7 figures in overall rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

77 delighted really top 10,000 mark. I am a bit shocked because I am usually a slow starter so a good start would be a great plus this season! Went with the heavy-hitters up top with a view to wildcarding aftrer GW3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Things must be tightly bunched. I ended on 59 points and 301k OR.

Not an awful start, but a bit disappointed on the whole. Most here seem to have gotten into the 60s and beyond, and I'm off to a 20 point deficit in my main money league. Early days though.

I'm a further 2 points back with 57 and sitting at 397k. A really poor Sun/Mon dropping me from 44k.

There's only ~4 points separating 200k to 400k, there's hope in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

To be honest I've been blessed with the close calls I made, Redmond over Tadic, Lamela over Eriksen, Hazard over Sanchez, putting Foster in goal with an away fixture,
    Pure luck but lovely to get off to a nice start, hopefully my team will never see 7 figures in overall rank.

Think you're doing yourself a disservice there, they were all calculated decisions that worked out well so I'd put it down to good preparation rather than luck ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

64 thanks to Hazard.

A good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It's gonna be our year pal, if things start going right for the FSA I can see three or four of us battling it out for the ultimate prize :pac:

Now all you have to do is play it conservative from here on in :p

All I have to do, you make it sound so simple :pac:

I'm actually going to give it a shot if I can. If I've learned anything in the last few years it's that I've always given myself too much to do. Time to stick with the pack until the spring, if possible.

In GW37 Sunderland have Swansea at home...... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

46 points, awful start. Despite this, I think I will bank my transfer. Sanchez and Firmino will come good. Just annoyed Vardy and Oscar are off pens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

60 points which I'd deffo have taken if you'd offered it last week.

As ever, you're always left wondering what might have been....blanks from Firmino, Spacecraft & Vardy were frustrating.

Will prob do Vardy --> Zlatan this week.....the sight of Vardy missing chances and punching himself in the face isn't encouraging :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

top of the harps league is 1st in ireland and 5th in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

69 points. Very happy with that, especially given that Vardy and Sanchez both blanked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

top of the harps league is 1st in ireland and 5th in the world.

And has never finished in the top 100k... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

My best start in my 4th season of this crazy game on a delicious 85pt opener. Absolutely thrilled. Top spot in 2 leagues and 2nd with a 4pt gap thanks to benching Diomande for a 4th defender in the 3rd. It would have put me 2pts ahead! :) Hohum! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement