Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting technician work experience

Options
  • 13-08-2016 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys , Im starting Accounting tech course this year and looking to get work experience too in one go . I dont have any previous experience in this field but im willing to work for free as im eager to learn. Im looking around the galway area only , Does anyone know where to look or how to even go on about it ? Help would be much appreciated thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Approach local accounting firms (google them) and ask.

Some people will suggest that you offer your services to charities, but they're unlikely to accept: they don't have the time to be teaching you, and they won't want an outsider looking at their accounts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

and they won't want an outsider looking at their accounts.

I don't think that's true, there are plenty of charities who have both open and transparent account and would be delighted for any help but don't let get in the way

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I don't think that's true, there are plenty of charities who have both open and transparent account and would be delighted for any help but don't let get in the way

That doesn't match the experience of people I know who looked for work experience with them.

I would approach accounting firms as Mrs O'B suggested.

They are used to taking on inexperienced staff and training them.

Edit:
    Having open and transparent accounts doesn't necessarily extend to letting inexperienced people maintain them.

Advertisement