Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price Changes 2016/2017 - OP updated 15/12/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Glad I rage brought in de bruyne for hazard last night, wasn't looking at how close either was to a rise/drop

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

https://twitter.com/FantasyFootyFix/status/777558695471448064

Guess I have to put him in WC team just in case now. League Cup on Wed doesn't help the price protection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

https://twitter.com/FantasyFootyFix/status/777558695471448064

Guess I have to put him in WC team just in case now. League Cup on Wed doesn't help the price protection

He will in their bollocks.

This is typical FFF projecting forward the post match day rush as if its not gonna slacken off sharply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Large amount who have transferred Kun in already have to be on their wildcard, it's absurd to think that so many would have done it with regular transfers especially when you consider most would probably need 2 f/t to do so, not to mention how expensive he is. So i don't buy into that FFF projected rise for one second. I expect he'll still be 12.9 and then the price protection will kick in Wenesday evening after City's cup game is completed. In any case, be sensible, people! Hold off until team news before next weekend's game when his availability for the weekend game will be confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Any chance everyone could start buying Townsend after today. I could be like PARlance last season trying to get Matty Targett back to 4.0 :pac:

Go on, he's found his groove now. Who wouldn't want a little bit of action with The Andros Townsend Spacecraft Experience? Please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Getting alerts from FFFIX telling me that Iheanacho is due to rise....do people not know Aguero is coming back next week or what??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Getting alerts from FFFIX telling me that Iheanacho is due to rise....do people not know Aguero is coming back next week or what??

All the sites showing it. I think people are a bit mad is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

manual_man wrote: »
    Large amount who have transferred Kun in already have to be on their wildcard, it's absurd to think that so many would have done it with regular transfers especially when you consider most would probably need 2 f/t to do so, not to mention how expensive he is. So i don't buy into that FFF projected rise for one second. I expect he'll still be 12.9 and then the price protection will kick in Wenesday evening after City's cup game is completed. In any case, be sensible, people! Hold off until team news before next weekend's game when his availability for the weekend game will be confirmed

Issue is people are transferring him in, and taking out Hazard and Ibrahimovic to do it, which means the more sensible people who want to wait have to make the transfer to avoid price drops on those players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hazard is absolutely flying down, Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

If Agüero could be deflagged before his rise, maybe Nacho could help me bank a £0.1m profit out of him. *Dreams*...
    Though City playing Wednesday makes it impossible...
    CSF wrote: »
    The nasty effect of a site like FFF with its "perversely encouraging" hourly rates of price changes.

Also the result of the "fake" 4m+ players with plenty of perverse ephemeral teams...

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »

Could feasibly drop again tonight. Only at -69 odd on Stats though.

So I'm guessing the people bringing in Iheanacho at 2.6% per hour don't know. But the people bringing in Aguero at 5.1% per hour do know!! :D:D

titan18 wrote: »
    Issue is people are transferring him in, and taking out Hazard and Ibrahimovic to do it, which means the more sensible people who want to wait have to make the transfer to avoid price drops on those players

i can understand moving early on the midfielder with prices in mind, but not so much the premium forward. Ibra is only -36% and transfers should slow down alot after the usual knee jerk moves of a Saturday and Sunday. There's cup games midweek to factor in also re. possible injuries and what not. Come Wednesday evening around 10pm Aguero should be unflagged, and price protected (for 8 days i believe) so no advantage to getting him in before team news on a Thursday or Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Hazard at -103.3 on FPL Statistics.

Said I'd have a quick look on my phone as I was nodding off to sleep.

The fear of the potential drop has woke me right up. :D

Great to have this addiction back in full force after a season of meh last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Gonna wait it out. Can afford a drop on hazard. But not a second. Other expected rises I hope will cover a first drop anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Up:

Antonio, Walker, Iheanacho, DeBruyne, Sterling, Snodgrass, Lukaku.

Down:

Hazard, Perez, Souare, Fletcher, Ogbonna, Khazri, Lennon, Gibbs, Cook, Jutkiewicz, Loftus-Cheek, Batschuayi, Shaqiri, Davis, Darmian, Fernando, Delph, King, Henriksen, Arbeloa, Boufal, Gudmundson.

Fletcher now at 4.4 :) Looks like a perfect Lamela replacement.

Despite Hazard dropping, overall value of team is up .1. Ageuro transfer with no hit is still on.

• Advertisement

Was not expecting Snodgrass to rise. A pleasantly unexpected additional £0.1m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm irrationally angry at that Hazard drop.

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'm irrationally angry at that Hazard drop.

I'm rationally bemused at that Iheanacho rise

Iheanacho going up is hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

dsmythy wrote: »
    Iheanacho going up is hilarious.

I know from first hand there are more than a few people out there who thought that Aguero was not involved next weekend and hadn't factored in the league cup match this week which would complete out his 3 match ban.

Maybe they know something we don't, and the mid week league cup game has been postponed.

Aguero rising tonight is worse. Means can no longer hold off on one of the seasons biggest transfers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Maybe they know something we don't, and the mid week league cup game has been postponed.

Aguero rising tonight is worse. Means can no longer hold off on one of the seasons biggest transfers.

Hazard down last night snodgrass up and now aguero
    FFS this may force my hand early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

km79 wrote: »
    Hazard down last night snodgrass up and now aguero
    FFS this may force my hand early

Same boat.

Probably looking at a -4 as it is so really don't want to tempt fate with early transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Benimar wrote: »
    Same boat.

Probably looking at a -4 as it is so really don't want to tempt fate with early transfers.

Only back up to original price anyway so I'll sit tight I think
    Still not sure what I'm going to do apart from Defoe to aguero and hazard to someone cheaper ! Chadli snodgrass Bolasie all in the radar as I'll likely sell Barkley too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

km79 wrote: »
    Only back up to original price anyway so I'll sit tight I think
    Still not sure what I'm going to do apart from Defoe to Aguero and hazard to someone cheaper ! Chadli snodgrass Bolasie all in the radar as I'll likely sell Barkley too

You are looking at the same sort of transfers as me! I just saw I have the exact cash for Barkley, Hazard and Defoe to Aguero, Firmino and Fletcher (bench fodder, playing Capoue). It's a -4 but apart from selling Ibra or Lukaku, a hit is necessary.

SkySter wrote: »
    I know from first hand there are more than a few people out there who thought that Aguero was not involved next weekend and hadn't factored in the league cup match this week which would complete out his 3 match ban.

Maybe there's a small additional cause for it the idea they have in their heads that him and Aguero will play up front together. Doubt Pep would ever go for that though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Am on WC and am trying to figure out how to negoiate the likely rises/falls or Costa, Aguero and Ibra.

I currently have Costa + Ibra (and no Aguero, obviously). I think I'll ultimately be going with Aguero + Ibra (and no Costa). If price changes weren't a factor, it would a simple Costa to Aguero switch.

But Aguero and Costa are likely to rise tonight, while Ibra looks like dropping this week. Am I right in saying I should bring in Aguero for Ibra today. Then let Aguero and Costa rise, before switching Ibra back in for Costa once he drops?

Edit: Wait, my resale value for Ibra is 11.7m, so he would need to drop 0.2m to just break even on that one. Now I'm even more confused! Ugh.

Am on WC and am trying to figure out how to negoiate the likely rises/falls or Costa, Aguero and Ibra.

I currently have Costa + Ibra (and no Aguero, obviously). I think I'll ultimately be going with Aguero + Ibra (and no Costa). If price changes weren't a factor, it would a simple Costa to Aguero switch.

But Aguero and Costa are likely to rise tonight, while Ibra looks like dropping this week. Am I right in saying I should bring in Aguero for Ibra today. Then let Aguero and Costa rise, before switching Ibra back in for Costa once he drops?

Edit: Wait, my resale value for Ibra is 11.7m, so he would need to drop 0.2m to just break even on that one. Now I'm even more confused! Ugh.

I think what you proposed will save you 0.1 IF Costa going up will give you an extra 0.1 resale value on him. Otherwise I think it makes no difference

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I don't think Ibra will go down 0.2m, so you'd lose 0.1m rebuying him at 11.8m and be susceptible to full 0.1m drops if he suffers more sales next GW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I think what you proposed will save you 0.1 IF Costa going up will give you an extra 0.1 resale value on him. Otherwise I think it makes no difference

Costa rising won't affect my resale value (got him for 9.7).

Think I'm best just doing Costa to Aguero tonight. And sucking up the inevitable Ibra drop. It's a pity having to do that during the WC.

Costa rising won't affect my resale value (got him for 9.7).

Think I'm best just doing Costa to Aguero tonight. And sucking up the inevitable Ibra drop. It's a pity having to do that during the WC.
    Wait. Let's make the maths ;).

1. You play the price changes game.
    You'll need Costa to rise again to reach the £0.2m cash profit.
    If you get Agüero tonight, you save £0.1m on him.
    Chances are you'll buy Ibra back £0.1m more than you'd have sold him for, though you'd have banked £0.2m from him.
    Agüero resale = £12.9m for 8 days (unless he goes up again before Wednesday night).
    Ibra resale = £11.8m but if he doesn't perform home to Leicester (and if Agüero shines in Swansea) you're guaranteed to lose £0.1m on Ibra.

So. £0.4m banked, £0.1m saved, £0.1m tied (on Agüero), chances to lose £0.1m on Ibra.

2. You don't.
    Now if you do the simple Costa -> Agüero move.
    You bank £0.1m from Costa. You save £0.1m from Agüero. You'll lose a £0.1m potential cash in on Ibra but can absorb a second fall on him and still bank a £0.1m profit from him.

So. £0.1m banked, £0.1m saved, £0.2m tied (Agüero + Ibra), £0.1m still bankable from Ibra. No "fear" of losing any £0.1m in the near future.

Conclusion
    It all relies on Ibra performing at the week-end. If Costa doesn't rise again you'd just have lost a potential additional £0.1m profit from him. But that's part of the game :p.

--

Personally, I'm thinking of swapping Agüero in for Ibra tonight and hoping to bank £0.1m from Nacho later. It's quite a gamble but I don't think I'll be able to fit in 3 10m+ players anyway. So I may as well try and play the team value game and hopefully be more flexible on my premium players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

iroced wrote: »
    Wait. Let's make the maths ;).

1. You play the price changes game.
    You'll need Costa to rise again to reach the £0.2m cash profit.
    If you get Agüero tonight, you save £0.1m on him.
    Chances are you'll buy Ibra back £0.1m more than you'd have sold him for, though you'd have banked £0.2m from him.
    Agüero resale = £12.9m for 8 days (unless he goes up again before Wednesday night).
    Ibra resale = £11.8m but if he doesn't perform home to Leicester (and if Agüero shines in Swansea) you're guaranteed to lose £0.1m on Ibra.

So. £0.4m banked, £0.1m saved, £0.1m tied (on Agüero), chances to lose £0.1m on Ibra.

2. You don't.
    Now if you do the simple Costa -> Agüero move.
    You bank £0.1m from Costa. You save £0.1m from Agüero. You'll lose a £0.1m potential cash in on Ibra but can absorb a second fall on him and still bank a £0.1m profit from him.

So. £0.1m banked, £0.1m saved, £0.2m tied (Agüero + Ibra), £0.1m still bankable from Ibra. No "fear" of losing any £0.1m in the near future.

Conclusion
    It all relies on Ibra performing at the week-end. If Costa doesn't rise again you'd just have lost a potential additional £0.1m profit from him. But that's part of the game :p.

--

Personally, I'm thinking of swapping Agüero in for Ibra tonight and hoping to bank £0.1m from Nacho later. It's quite a gamble but I don't think I'll be able to fit in 3 10m+ players anyway. So I may as well try and play the team value game and hopefully be more flexible on my premium players.

This is key. You want to increase overall TV without locking it in any one player. That allows more fluid movement in response to injuries, suspensions etc. without detrimental impact on TV and the ability to buy back. If you have an extra 0.6 or more tied up in a player it is often very difficult to act promptly when required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Ighalo or Deeney coming in for me for the next 5 games, some great fixtures.

Is Deeney still on pens?

Ighalo or Deeney coming in for me for the next 5 games, some great fixtures.

Is Deeney still on pens?

yep his goal vs United was a pen. Ighalo has been getting lots of chances but still not scored. He seems a confidence kind of player so when he gets his first he may go on a bit of a run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Will go with Deeney for now so, cheaper and pens a plenty this season.

Whoops just realised wrong thread :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

yep his goal vs United was a pen. Ighalo has been getting lots of chances but still not scored. He seems a confidence kind of player so when he gets his first he may go on a bit of a run

He scored (and assisted) against West Ham.

• Advertisement

He scored (and assisted) against West Ham.

Oh. My bad so!

With the rate Hazard is still being offloaded, he'll likely fall for a 3rd time tomorrow night. 3 times in 4 days. That may be a record

Zlatan at -99.5% on FPLS :eek:!

iroced wrote: »
    Zlatan at -99.5% on FPLS :eek:!

I wonder how many will be getting him back in. He's the standout captain choice for GW7

I wonder how many will be getting him back in. He's the standout captain choice for GW7
    Here's the dream. Aguero scores a record of 8 goals as my captain at the week-end before getting a nasty knock in the last 10 min. Nothing serious but 2 weeks out. I cash in the profit and get Zlatan back for his redemption home to Stoke... before getting a stupid RC in the last 10 min. Agüero back in then. Easy :p. All down to the last 10 min though :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Looks like Agüero rose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Up:

7b4412641c1b7705383d5cb7fd00c9e2.png

Agüero, Costa, Capoue, McAuley, Fabiański, Jagielka

Down:

8696a25ee7fd09ab4b08bc7c731c1402.png

Negredo, Mahrez, Martial, Terry, Robles, Drinkwater, Zaza, Allen, Schneiderlin, Moreno, Clayton, De Pena, Martina, Britton, Randolph, Sobhi, Flanagan, Akpom, Olley

Ibra and Barkley survived

Up:

Aguero, Costa, Jagielka,Capoue, McAuley, Fabianski.

Down:

Zaza, Olley, Akpom, Sobhi, Negredo, Randolph, Britton, Martina, DePena, Clayton, Martial, Schneiderlin, Alen, Flanagan, Moreno, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Robles, Terry.

Scratch that, Scorpion Sting was quicker than me :)

• Advertisement

Ibra and Barkley survived
    Fix better than FPLS re Ibra. Good news for the non-WCers who kept him.
    Tomorrow will be a full day of useless transfers out for him.

Advertisement