Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price Changes 2016/2017 - OP updated 15/12/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Played WC yesterday and had 2 of the risers, so happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Hazard survived the drop last night! Was sure he was for a fall.

Got Aguero in before the rise last night, wanted to hold off, but no funds there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Aguero rise means I had to settle for Firmino over Mane, bah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭basillarkin

shaw a likely faller this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Up:

2ac134538e718ab9040d9f4757ae494e.png

Down:

dd081884407da6fd82e0fa0797c9357f.png

Ibrahimović, Hazard, Özil, Downing, Navas, Wanyama, J. Ward, Chambers, Ojo, Crouch, Browning, Okaka

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

@ Scorpion Sting: This one's better for Ibra down :pac:. Particularly from such a lovely player as Rio Mavuba :cool:.

bim.jpg

Just for information: this freeze-frame came from a PSG fanblog. There was no punch. In reality Zlatan pushed Mavuba in the back and Mavuba replied by slap-pushing him back. But Mavuba (30 cm smaller) pushing down Ibra was kinda hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

FFS Hazard!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Chambers dropping is an unpleasant surprise, expected him to be in the team by now....surely Wenger didn't loan him out to sit on the bench

Ibra and Hazard falling are my first drop in team value. Keeping faith though.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Cannot remember a drop like the one Hazard has had over the last few days, particularly given he isn't injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Markx wrote: »
    Cannot remember a drop like the one Hazard has had over the last few days, particularly given he isn't injured.

Ye its mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Think a lot of people are doing Hazard to KDB after last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

I think people are evacuating the Hazard bus too quickly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Think a lot of people are doing Hazard to KDB after last weekend

and I look forward to seeing Hazard outscoring KDB at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

and I look forward to seeing Hazard outscoring KDB at the weekend.

Me too - have both !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

It's more than likely related to making funds available to get Kun back in

Alot of panic buys and sells going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Is Hazards drop capped at 0.3 or can he drop again? This is getting ridiculous

ScummyMan wrote: »

Three drops or rises between GWs is the max.

FFFix is showing next change is the next GW as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Three drops or rises between GWs is the max.

FFFix is showing next change is the next GW as well.

Had a look at the FPL site and I can't see where it says 3 drops per GW is the max.
    Not saying it's not there, just can't find it.

All I could find was this:
    Once the season has started, player prices may change by £0.1m a day, based on activity in the transfer market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I got him at 10m. so I think as he went up to 10.3 I've only lost 0.1m by holding this week?

Wasn't paying attention anyway but I might end up holding him until Saturday.

Sanchez, KDB & 'Pool mids in great form in teams more attack-minded.
    Freeing funds for Agüero.

And there's also a "technical" explanation: the threshold for "popular" players whose price has risen above its starting value is smaller. Because drops thresholds are roughly based on 10% ownership (> 100k for Hazard cuurrently) while it is just the negative NTI (net transfers in) threshold for a drop above the starting price of any player. And this threshold is like 40-50k (from observations made by the prediction sites).

---
    F1ngers wrote: »
    Had a look at the FPL site and I can't see where it says 3 drops per GW is the max.
    Not saying it's not there, just can't find it.
    That's fiso's legacy purely based on observation. It was blatant 3 years ago when price changes were flying. You had players at something like 400% sometimes on deadline day for a 4th rise that never happened before the next GW. And so far it has still never happened (even when statistically possible).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

It was capped at 0.3 max change for at least 3 years ( since I play).

Of course there is nothing to stop them from changing this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

My understanding is that it's capped at 3 per week, but if he builds up enough sales to warrant another drop it's held over until Friday night (the Start of this particular Gameweek) when it will then go ahead. If Saturday was the start it would go ahead Saturday night (by night I really mean Sunday ~ 2 am)

I could be wrong or things could have changed this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Great opportunity missed last night to post this

E2275-fall-hazard-sign.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Colking wrote: »
    My understanding is that it's capped at 3 per week, but if he builds up enough sales to warrant another drop it's held over until Friday night (the Start of this particular Gameweek) when it will then go ahead. If Saturday was the start it would go ahead Saturday night (by night I really mean Sunday ~ 2 am)

I think increases are capped at 0.3 but don't think there's a decrease limit

Colking wrote: »

This gameweek starts on Saturday

re. Aguero - he's still red-flagged. Should this not have been removed now his suspension has been served?

edit: scratch that Man City still to play in EFL :D

manual_man wrote: »
    re. Aguero - he's still red-flagged. Should this not have been removed now his suspension has been served?

It has not been served yet.

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    It has not been served yet.

My baaaaaad :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Hazard should not drop again unless the 3 drops per week rule (which is widely thought to be the rule) has changed.

But also, he is unlikely to drop again even after the end of the week. Iroced already referred to the reason.

For a player to rise in price the need a certain number of NTI (Nett Transfers In). This varies and is not known exactly but FPL Statistics seem to reckon its around 45,000 this year.

If a player has already risen above their original price then for a drop they need to shed the same amount of transfers as it took to rise. But for a player who has never risen in price, or has dropped back to their original price, the amount of NTO for a drop is estimated at around 10% of ownership.

So taking the Hazard example, for the three drops this week he only needed around 45k transfers out as he had previously risen three times. But to drop again, based on current ownership, he'd need around 110k transfers out.

Same applied when Aguero dropped back to 13.0 quite quickly but took ages to finally go to 12.9.

But beware, as the same applies to any player who has risen rapidly, but suddenly goes out of favour. Zlatan is in the same boat as Hazard and could drop quite quickly. Only 45k nett sales per drop till he gets back to 11.5m rather than over 220k if it was based on 10% of ownership.

From Fpl statistics:

Chgs: Denotes the number of price changes so far this gameweek. A player can rise or fall by up to £0.3m in a single gameweek. Once this limit is reached all additional transfers are retained such that in the following gameweek, if the required threshold is reached, an automatic rise or fall in price of £0.1m will occur.

From Fpl statistics:

Chgs: Denotes the number of price changes so far this gameweek. A player can rise or fall by up to £0.3m in a single gameweek. Once this limit is reached all additional transfers are retained such that in the following gameweek, if the required threshold is reached, an automatic rise or fall in price of £0.1m will occur.

Yeah, they tweeted this earlier too. The 3 rise / 3 drop thing is pretty much accepted and has never been proven wrong.

https://twitter.com/fpl_statistics/status/778520326527418368

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah, they tweeted this earlier too. The 3 rise / 3 drop thing is pretty much accepted and has never been proven wrong.

https://twitter.com/fpl_statistics/status/778520326527418368

The important bit is that if the threshold for drop was reached it is retained rather than reset.

That's my understanding. This means that if Hazard was due fourth drop it would happen on Saturday night "automatically".

I hope we are not going to find out if it is true or not.

The important bit is that if the threshold for drop was reached it is retained rather than reset.

That's my understanding. This means that if Hazard was due fourth drop it would happen on Saturday night "automatically".

I hope we are not going to find out if it is true or not.

Yeah that's the case. Seen it happen before especially with rises.

However for his next drop it will need almost as many transfers out as for the first 3 put together. About 2.5 times more than for the previous drops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

manual_man wrote: »
    This gameweek starts on Saturday

Thanks, for some reason I had it in my head it was a Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

People are getting off the Hazard train do fast that I might just do Ozil ---> Mané instead of getting rid of Hazard.

I think it's people funding City attacking coverage and/or Sanchez. It's understandable but unbelievably kneekjerk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

SlickRic wrote: »
    People are getting off the Hazard train do fast that I might just do Ozil ---> Mané instead of getting rid of Hazard.

I think it's people funding City attacking coverage and/or Sanchez. It's understandable but unbelievably kneekjerk.

If I want aguero it's either him or Ibra
    Ibra has scored attacking points every game and had back to back home games . Defoe would also have to stay
    Hazard to snodgrass is a crazy downgrade alright but need aguero. Defoe would stay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭Porthallian

km79 wrote: »
    SlickRic wrote: »
    People are getting off the Hazard train do fast that I might just do Ozil ---> Man instead of getting rid of Hazard.

If I want aguero it's either him or Ibra
    Ibra has scored attacking points every game and had back to back home games . Defoe would also have to stay
    Hazard to snodgrass is a crazy downgrade alright but need aguero. Defoe would stay
    Defoe has 2 home games but seems to score most of his points away.
    Should this be concerning me as much as it is? :P

Tempted to bring in Benteke/Deeney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

I think a lot of people are seeing Hazard v Arsenal next and jumping ship, especially as he has had 2 blanks in a row. Getting Aguero in, keeping Ibra, Sanchez was my main reason for dumping him, but in three weeks after Utd's 2 cushy fixtures if Ibra/Man U look like they are not firing all cylinders, I will be looking to get him back in.

My problem with Hazard is that he never seems to get week after week returns. The good returns are always separated by blanks...usually away from home. A lot of money on someone who has this pattern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Defoe has 2 home games but seems to score most of his points away.
    Should this be concerning me as much as it is? :P

Tempted to bring in Benteke/Deeney.

I made late decision to start Defoe ahead of Capoue due to his away goals stats
    That went well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Have myself in a muddle needlessly,just checking, bought Ibra at 11.6....he's currently at 11.8....Can't I still afford to let him drop to 11.7m before his resale value would be affected for me?
    Thanks for any replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Have myself in a muddle needlessly,just checking, bought Ibra at 11.6....he's currently at 11.8....Can't I still afford to let him drop to 11.7m before his resale value would be affected for me?
    Thanks for any replies.

No, you would lose .1 resale on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

No, you would lose .1 resale on him.

Going to hold him for Stoke game anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hazard has rather awful fixtures tbf aswell. Next 9, has Arsenal, Leicester, United, Everton, Spurs and City. Could be a lot of meh returns for a player at his price point in those games. KDB and Sanchez have much more favourable fixtures.

Along with Hazard's form being poor enough for his price, and Costa being cheaper and performing better in the Chelsea attack, it makes it easy to dump him atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 isntlee

Also there's some room for Hazard to fall yet, and it probably will, don't do it. Have you got Sterling, cause De Bruyne is far less likely to score with Aguero back, Sterling won't be as affected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭basillarkin

isntlee wrote: »
    Also there's some room for Hazard to fall yet, and it probably will, don't do it. Have you got Sterling, cause De Bruyne is far less likely to score with Aguero back, Sterling won't be as affected

explanation for the KdeB likely not to score because Augero is back please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

explanation for the KdeB likely not to score because Augero is back please?

because...

... Aliens.

Nacho not scoring tonight certainly means he won't get a second rise.

By the way, Agüero is officially deflagged and should now see his price protected for 8 days.

- edit -

Huge difference about Jakupovic between FPLS (rising or about to tonight) and FFF (<+70%). Let's see who's correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Up:
    Rondon

Down:
    Barkley
    Rooney
    Dier
    Livermore
    Musa
    Lenihan
    Mikel
    Nkoudo