Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price Changes 2016/2017 - OP updated 15/12/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I'm using the second one and can see the predicted risers. Where do
    I find the fallers?

The same place. Just click on "Target" and it will change to show the fallers.
    Clicking on "Target" will display the fallers and clicking on it again will display the risers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Brief panic on seeing Valencia due to drop from 5.5 to 5.4 tonight.

Thankfully its Enner not Anto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

On my wildcard so my team is literally ALL players I hope willl make me money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

FHFC wrote:
    Enner not Anto.

Sounds like a team name for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Kos and smith both rising ........God damn it !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Up:
    Koscielny
    Sanchez
    Coleman

Down:
    Pérez
    Fabio
    Negredo
    E. Valencia
    Walters
    Bardsley
    Rodriguez
    Targett
    Yaya Touré
    Stewart
    Vardy
    Odubajo
    Kightly
    Keane
    Federici

shineon23 wrote: »
    Up:
    Koscielny
    Sanchez
    Coleman

Had Sanchez and Coleman so happy to catch them. Did Smith rise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Had Sanchez and Coleman so happy to catch them. Did Smith rise?

No. It's always the whole list that is posted unless it's crazy long. If you go to the site he's currently on 97%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

That Sanchez rise has really taken the jam out of my donut. I had exactly the amount to take KDB out for him this week (which I was planning). Now I don't have the funds and KDB is injured anyway...it will cost me 4 points and I can't see who to take out at first glance...Happy Mondays

jimmii wrote: »
    No. It's always the whole list that is posted unless it's crazy long. If you go to the site he's currently on 97%.

I'm only new (as ye can tell) to price changes etc and only recently realized that playing my wildcard this week is all about buying risers and making money before picking my team Friday night. I was looking at the site but wasn't sure If I was doing something wrong.

Smith Love Pickford Walker Kingsley and Barry all in my team currently and no suspected fallers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Negredo, spacecraftt and tadic are killing me this year with their price drops. All will be gone after next weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm only new (as ye can tell) to price changes etc and only recently realized that playing my wildcard this week is all about buying risers and making money before picking my team Friday night. I was looking at the site but wasn't sure If I was doing something wrong.

Smith Love Pickford Walker Kingsley and Barry all in my team currently and no suspected fallers
    If only it were that easy :).

You'll only make money on players who rise by at least .2 in value (every .2 rise in player value is a .1 rise in resale value). Be careful when chasing value on wildcards as you can easily be left with an unbalanced team should you decide to keep several players past the wildcard with the expectation that they continue to rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

How did Negredo become the first bandwagon. Still a miserable 2 shots on target all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm only new (as ye can tell) to price changes etc and only recently realized that playing my wildcard this week is all about buying risers and making money before picking my team Friday night.
    It's one of the myths of Wildcard week unfortunately (in my opinion). Yes, theoretically you can get a player, watch him rise twice, then sell him on the Saturday morning, but chances are anyone who's going to rise twice, you probably want to keep anyway.

I've never had a player rise twice during a week and then me sell him before my wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Shedite27 wrote: »
    It's one of the myths of Wildcard week unfortunately (in my opinion). Yes, theoretically you can get a player, watch him rise twice, then sell him on the Saturday morning, but chances are anyone who's going to rise twice, you probably want to keep anyway.

I've never had a player rise twice during a week and then me sell him before my wildcard.
    Yeah. 3 years ago with no weighting whatsoever on price changes it was different.

Last week I made a £0.1m profit from KDB and got Sterling instead. The latter had already risen early in the week. So I just gained the possibility to buy him for an extra £0.1m without having to pay it from my initial GW budget. No immediate gains but a potential higher resale in the coming weeks if need be.

This week if you jumped on them early, you may be able to cash in a £0.1m profit from Son, Lallana & Coutinho if you don't keep them. Think it's impossible making it for the 3 of them since it'd mean sacrificing another mid which you probably already gained value from and you want keep anyway (e.g. Sanchez, Capoue, Antonio, Sterling).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Profited from KDB too before moving to Sanchez. But was nowhere near anything for anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

Shedite27 wrote: »

This is true but I think this week there might be something to be made. There will be allot of transfers from KDB to either Sanchez or Sterling. I would think that there could be 2 price rises for both this week.

But as you said, you will probably want to keep both anyway.

Austin might make money too. Negrado and Gray owners transferring in Austin. But with his fixtures and potential rotation you probably wouldn't want to keep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

I agree with what people are saying about getting rises during the wildcard week. It was a lot easier a few years ago but with the weighting system I dont really think it is a viable option anymore.

The wildcard lets you buy/act early in the week to get players you were thinking about and are going to rise. If they rise then it doesnt impact your budget. It means that you dont have to keep them but they are still an option, even though they rose.

On another note, with the Sanchez and Koscielny rises last night it means Shay Given is the only player on my team who is the same value that I paid for him.
    All of the other players have risen in value. 
    First time ever being in that position. Feels strange

Its been analysed by some nerdy guy that posts here occasionally and the banking double rises is very very rare. I'd say maybe 3 could happen this week. Sanchez, Sterling and Rashford. Son an outside bet.

Its more about getting guys before they start rising over 3 or 4 weeks where you can end up paying 0.4 or 0.5 more for them.

Also you need to be careful not so sell a player who you want to keep who has risen 0.1 as you'll lose that rise, or to miss a 0.1 rise on a player you want in your final team while chasing 0.2 on somebody. When I was wildcarding I only had 3 or 4 at most spots for punting on rises anyway with 0.1s that couldn't be transferred out. And I cost myself 0.1 when Caz rose unexpectedly while I was holding Sanchez in case he rose twice...and while I made up my mind between the 2.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Its been analysed by some nerdy guy that posts here occasionally and the banking double rises is very very rare. I'd say maybe 3 could happen this week. Sanchez, Sterling and Rashford. Son an outside bet.
    Add Lallana & Coutinho already at 30% up with a rise already.

But really not sure about Sterling (though KDB injury will help). He'll prob rise tonight but from tomorrow to Thursday price movements will decrease and next GW starts on a Friday so the Friday rush will be useless team value chasing wise.

iroced wrote: »
    Add Lallana & Coutinho already at 30% up with a rise already.

But really not sure about Sterling (though KDB injury will help). He'll prob rise tonight but from tomorrow to Thursday price movements will decrease and next GW starts on a Friday so the Friday rush will be useless team value chasing wise.

Forgot this was a Friday deadline. Don't think any of them will make double rise by Thursday so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Up:

b764045d8cb6d9cb2b796a69358228cc.png

Sterling, Capoue, Walker, Austin, Defoe, Blind

Down:

2b8a4c88c0917c4b7ae84fb205c7dfee.png

Ibrahimović, Hazard, Iheanacho, Rooney, Surman, Cresswell, Young, Ulloa, Romero, Denayer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Friend hangs on till tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Ibra and Hazard again:mad:

This is getting really annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭basillarkin

wonski wrote: »
    Ibra and Hazard again:mad:

This is getting really annoying.

got rid of hazard for sanchez but i cant understand ibra down again,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Zlatan down again, don't get it really. Stoke at home the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

got rid of hazard for sanchez but i cant understand ibra down again,

Easiest way to get aguero in or to get funds to get Sanchez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

jamesbere wrote: »
    Zlatan down again, don't get it really. Stoke at home the weekend.

Zlatan to Rashford will be a very popular transfer. Potentially similar returns for almost 5m less! A bargain that can help get heavy hitters into midfield where most of the big scores are.

It should be noted that there will be a significant slow down in zlatan's price falls now that he is back at base price

keep selling him
    this is the weekend he hits a massive score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

km79 wrote: »
    keep selling him
    this is the weekend he hits a massive score

It won't matter as rashford and Sanchez will hit a bigger one :p

• Advertisement

This actually true though. If youre selling Ibra to fit Sanchez, as many are, then which would you rather this week?

Ibra plus a 6m mid (Redmond, Bolasie, Snoddie etc)

Or Rashford and Sanchez.

Ibra and 6m mid is probably preferable this week but not by a huge margin. Look at it over the next three weeks and its a different story.

Zlatan is on pens and some free kicks and is playing up front
    Rashford won't match him IMO

Zlatan is on pens and some free kicks and is playing up front
    Rashford won't match him IMO

It's not about Rashford matching him. Don't think anyone would suggest he will.

Its about Rashford plus 5m matching him..
    This actually true though. If youre selling Ibra to fit Sanchez, as many are, then which would you rather this week?

Ibra plus a 6m mid (Redmond, Bolasie, Snoddie etc)

Or Rashford and Sanchez.

Ibra and 6m mid is probably preferable this week but not by a huge margin. Look at it over the next three weeks and its a different story.

This. Exactly.

I tracked Ibra vs his co-attackers career stats.
    => http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101102561&postcount=2361

No question barring injuries Ibra has 90% of chances to finish well ahead of Rashford. But if selling him allows Sanchez who is gonna match him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

How nailed do we think Rashford is though? He's playing well but Jose hasn't been one typically to put his faith in youth. 3 other decent options in the wide position too. Could pay off but be prepared for bench starts at some point. Ibra pretty pricey but he looks number one and undroppable and is on pens so he's not much of a gamble imo. Of course Ibra AND Rashford is an option, as well as Aguero, for a frontline. But then Sanchez is harder to fit in :)

I will captain Zlatan at the weekend
    I would never captain Rashford or anyone else I'd bring in outside of aguero and Sanchez who I have already
    Another factor to consider

I will captain Zlatan at the weekend
    I would never captain Rashford or anyone else I'd bring in outside of aguero and Sanchez who I have already
    Another factor to consider

Agree.

Sorta tempted to Captain Rashford mind you. But probably won't.

Have you got all 3 of ZlatKunChez?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

ZlatKunChez :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

bezuaua wrote: »
    ZlatKunChez :)
    ZlatKunChezSta

Agree.

Sorta tempted to Captain Rashford mind you. But probably won't.

Have you got all 3 of ZlatKunChez?

:D
    I do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

zarquon wrote:
    It should be noted that there will be a significant slow down in zlatan's price falls now that he is back at base price

Is this for definite in the price change 'rules'.

I noticed Hazard stuck at 10.0 for a while after his 3 quick drops.

I wasn't tracking it last night so I've taken the price hit. If he isn't going to drop further (in a hurry) I may hold him for this GW.

I bought him at 11.6. I don't fancy letting him fall more, as I could need funds to get KDB in in a few weeks. I also need to sell Zlatan soon to free up funds for a Liverpool midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

does KDB go down in value tonight or is there a protection with a red flag?

shineon23 wrote: »
    Is this for definite in the price change 'rules'.

I noticed Hazard stuck at 10.0 for a while after his 3 quick drops.

I wasn't tracking it last night so I've taken the price hit. If he isn't going to drop further (in a hurry) I may hold him for this GW.

I bought him at 11.6. I don't fancy letting him fall more, as I could need funds to get KDB in in a few weeks. I also need to sell Zlatan soon to free up funds for a Liverpool midfielder.

This is the rule as we know it. They're not written down anywhere. But was proven again this year with Hazard and now Zlatan. Rises above initial value tumble off but it takes probably 2.5 to 3 times as many (depending on ownership) for the next fall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

does KDB go down in value tonight or is there a protection with a red flag?

A flag of any colour means the threshold for a price change is greater. It's only when the flag is lifted that price protection kicks in.

A flag of any colour means the threshold for a price change is greater. It's only when the flag is lifted that price protection kicks in.
    Is it not just the red and orange flags that trigger protection? But no protection after yellow flags?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

iroced wrote: »
    Is it not just the red and orange flags that trigger protection? But no protection after yellow flags?

After a red flag certainly, Not sure about orange.
    Just noticed there is a big difference in the predicted rise/fall of Gibson and Lamela on both sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Up: ----

Down: Cazorla, Lamela, Arnautović, Zaza, Bojan, Oscar, Masuaku, Grabban, A. Koné, Martins Indi, Aké, Adam, Elneny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Glad I did Lamela to Snodgrass in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

I was sure Masuaku was miles from a drop when I checked yesterday :(

• Advertisement

Damn you Kone !

Advertisement