Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is three so ****e now ?

Options
  • 13-08-2016 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

They were actually faster ten years ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Unlimited all you can eat data.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Sharing their network with all the other mvnos

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I dunno, I'm getting nearly 40mb download speed and I live in a medium sized town. They have improved significantly here. Their customer service over the phone and web is still dirt though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Three were never great in fairness. Ten years ago 3G coverage was very patchy (even in Dublin) and whenever you were out of coverage you would fall-back to either no data or Vodafone GPRS (whereas other networks with poor or no 3G had EDGE as a fall-back option).
    My experience is that if you exclude a couple of messy first few months at the beginning, things have improved a bit after the O2 takeover - although I expect they will let things slip again overtime.

You get them for their cheap price on unlimited data - but you know it means not so stellar performance and sub-par customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

^ Exactly this, except I think you mean Vodafone not o2 above (unless the 2G deal changed and my memory fails me).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

ED E wrote: »
    except I think you mean Vodafone not o2 above

Well spotted, I have corrected my post :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Where are you located OP?
    I get a whopping 45Mb down and 12 Mb up in athlone

Advertisement