Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game week 2 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I didnt expect any rises for a few days at least, possibly gw2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I foolishly picked Hart the weekend and a 4m, so I'm left with no Choice to drop Hart and waste my transfer.

Any suggestions? thinking of going Pulisball, but I already have Defensive coverage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

He's rising tonight? How much?

Info on transfers here, although not definite that anyone is going up tonight.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

F1ngers wrote: »
    Info on transfers here, although not definite that anyone is going up tonight.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/help

Aye was looking at http://fplstatistics.co.uk/ there, indicates a Rise unsure how much.

Won't get him in though, really tempted but I have Mane and don't want two of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

They're still gonna be figuring out the maths so can't be sure he will go up tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Ramsey replacement options are pretty much Siggy, Coutinho or Lamela.

I think I'm gonna go for the slightly boring option of Siggy. So hard to predict where the attacking points will end up with Liverpool. Plus they have form for following up a sensational display against a top team with a flop against a poor one.

Lamela looks good but everything goes thru Siggy at Swans and those set pieces and pens too. Hull showed serious spirit this week but they will wobble eventually with that squad. Sooner rather than later I think, especially away. Still nailed on to go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »

I think I'm gonna go for the slightly boring option of Siggy. So hard to predict where the attacking points will end up with Liverpool. Plus they have form for following up a sensational display against a top team with a flop against a poor one.

Lamela looks good but everything goes thru Siggy at Swans and those set pieces and pens too. Hull showed serious spirit this week but they will wobble eventually with that squad. Sooner rather than later I think, especially away. Still nailed on to go down.
    Llorente was penalty taker at Bilbao. Worth a mention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

CSF wrote: »
    Llorente was penalty taker at Bilbao. Worth a mention.

Swap Gray for him or will I stick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was going to wildcard early but I did reasonably well on Sunday so I'll keep it for now.

I used my transfer to get rid of Andre Gray and bring in Rondon; I was impressed with what I saw of him at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Aye was looking at http://fplstatistics.co.uk/ there, indicates a Rise unsure how much.

Won't get him in though, really tempted but I have Mane and don't want two of them

Unless the rules have changed, in the past a player could only move .1 on a given day and .3 over a Gameweek.

e.g. Coutinho (8.0) can rise to 8.1 or alternatively drop to 7.9.

before Friday's deadline it would be possible for him to drop to 7.7 or rise to 8.3.

I'm starting to chase value already so have moved Coutinho and Negredo in tonight.

Would be happy to get a .2 rise from either over the next week or so to build up a wildcard kitty for a few week's time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Mr.SlumDuck

Current team

Foster/Jak
    Valencia/Evans/Friend/Morgan/Amat
    Hazard/Redmond/Mahrez/Firmino/Jedinak
    Aguero/Vardy/Negredo

Good start with 74 points.

I feel my team has some vulnerabilities. I started the season with Mahrez and Vardy as I felt they were the most consistent choices in that price range. I never intended for them to be in my squad for long. But it seemed like a big risk going for Costa/Lukaku in place of Vardy. Or any of the Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal MFs until they are settled and it becomes clear who is performing.

I don't see any reason to change this approach. I'm going to roll the xfer. Moving out mahrez or Vardy right now seems like a punt. For who? Coutinho had a great game but I'd still take Firmino over him everyday. Lamela scored a goal but that's certainly not enough justification. Oscar/Willian look like they will start games in a better Chelsea side but nowhere enough minutes played to gauge yet.
    I will most likely look to move mahrez for a Utd MF. Martial looks very enticing. Again though not enough info to justify a lateral move.
    I'll downgrade Vardy for costa/lukaku once I see which of them emerges as best option. I don't like Kane or Ibra at those prices.

Overall plan with the team is to
    find replacements for Vardy/Mahrez
    have a contingency plan for Redmond if he is dropped. I think Rameriz is a viable option. A 7.5 Tadic/Siggy/Barkley would be preferred choice.
    replace Morgan

I can't see any xfer made this week that will benefit me more than having 2 xfers for GW3.

Any thoughts on my strategy much welcomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Probably need to replace Fabregas if he won't be playing.
    Who to bring in though... Does Cazorla sound like a good shout? Didn't see any of the Ars-Liv game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Bit of an underwhelming start, but trying not to get carried away. Overall I'm happy with the team and I want to bank, but...

Heaton Jaku
    Amat Evans Friend Kone Souré
    Hazard Sánchez Firmino Redmond Capoue
    Aguero Vardy Gray

...Alexis and Vardy are concerns for me. I was rubbing my hands at the prospect of Sánchez starting up front, but as was mentioned earlier in the thread, his OOP start seemed more of a hindrance than a help. He did not look himself at all. I would be less concerned about Vardy - on another day he could have had two, though him not being on penalties is a blow - were it not for Zlatan hitting the ground running. I don't want to live with the Ibra fear each and every week.

So what to do now? I'm nervous about not having Ibra versus Southampton, but a) I'd like to give Vardy a chance against the makeshift Arsenal defence (I think the game will suit him better than Hull) and b) I would really like to not take a hit as early as GW2. Besides, I would ultimately be swapping Ibra fear for Alexis fear (and he hit a bloody hat-trick in this fixture last season) though of course his ownership levels would make it less damaging than Ibra if he went off on one.

In terms of replacements, Cazorla really interests me if he's back fit. He's on set pieces (including penalties) and an assist machine. Martial is also on my radar, but would likely avoid if I do go for Zlatan. Finally, Lamela would be an enabler to upgrade defence, and Spurs have a really tasty fixture this week that makes it tempting.

This was mostly thinking aloud, but answers on a postcard if you were able to get through it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Bit of an underwhelming start, but trying not to get carried away. Overall I'm happy with the team and I want to bank, but...

Heaton Jaku
    Amat Evans Friend Kone Souré
    Hazard Sánchez Firmino Redmond Capoue
    Aguero Vardy Gray

...Alexis and Vardy are concerns for me. I was rubbing my hands at the prospect of Sánchez starting up front, but as was mentioned earlier in the thread, his OOP start seemed more of a hindrance than a help. He did not look himself at all. I would be less concerned about Vardy - on another day he could have had two, though him not being on penalties is a blow - were it not for Zlatan hitting the ground running. I don't want to live with the Ibra fear each and every week.

So what to do now? I'm nervous about not having Ibra versus Southampton, but a) I'd like to give Vardy a chance against the makeshift Arsenal defence (I think the game will suit him better than Hull) and b) I would really like to not take a hit as early as GW2. Besides, I would ultimately be swapping Ibra fear for Alexis fear (and he hit a bloody hat-trick in this fixture last season) though of course his ownership levels would make it less damaging than Ibra if he went off on one.

In terms of replacements, Cazorla really interests me if he's back fit. He's on set pieces (including penalties) and an assist machine. Martial is also on my radar, but would likely avoid if I do go for Zlatan. Finally, Lamela would be an enabler to upgrade defence, and Spurs have a really tasty fixture this week that makes it tempting.

This was mostly thinking aloud, but answers on a postcard if you were able to get through it :)

I'm in a similar situation with owning Sanchez and not having Man Utd Attacking options. I am v tempted by Cazorla (Are you sure he's on pen duties though?) With Rambo out for a few weeks he should be guaranteed starting. But ..... it's Sanchez.

Of Utd. cover Martial and Rooney (strangely enough) are seriously catching my eye.

I have Lamela and last weekend the could have had 2 goals easily enough. I continue to expect big things from him.

Vardy had a bad day at the office, I'd be inclined to hold him for another game or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Are you not tempted by Carzola as well? I think it's between him and Lamela for me, don't trust Swansea at all, I think they will be very close to going down this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Looking to replace Ayew. Looking at either:
    1. Redmond. Seems on-form, oop and a bargain at 6.0. A very talented player and this could easily be his breakout season. Away to Utd is not a great fixture though
    2. Siggy - 7.5 - On set pieces and crucial to this Swansea team but I would have concerns about Swansea this season. Home to Hull is tempting
    3. Cazorla - 7.5 - If he is fit, happy and playing then he is underpriced at 7.5. Away to Leciester
    This ain't easy! Leaning towards Cazorla though. In terms of a long term pricing, I can see him coming up from 7.5. Redmond will as well, but becuase he is lower it will still be easier to get him in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Anybody have any thoughts on Modou Barrow at Swansea?
    For a 5m FW I thought he looked decent on MOTD.
    Playing on the wing at home to Hull he could pick up some points I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Any Firmino owners tempted to bank .5m and potential price rise by getting the Coutinho?
    Is this the year Coutinho finally becomes consistent...:confused:
    Holding Firmino..for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Fighting the urge to WC after only 1 GW. Not really due to lack of faith in my team but more to do with missing out on price rises. I think i will more than likely hold strong but possibly make an extra transfer just so i can get Hazard in.

Alli -> Hazard
    Tadic -> Redmond

Tadic looked sharp at the weekend but Hazard if he is back on form is going to be a must have and I don't want to miss out due to price rises.

Negredo looks tempting too but i'm happy to hold onto Gray for another week or two. Firminho to Couthino to free up funds sounds like a sensible but sideways move but with Firminho playing up front for the time being at least he is bound to come up trumps. although if i did use the WC i could make all those moves and shift Townsend for Barkley.

must. resist. urge....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Wanted to resist and give some guys a chance but I think I'm going to do Sanchez to Hazard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

PARlance wrote: »
    Wanted to resist and give some guys a chance but I think I'm going to do Sanchez to Hazard.

think that's a good call
    Sanchez looked sluggish at the weekend
    and hazard did not !

no transfers I think but a selection headache in defence especially
    foster (jaku)
    valencia home to saints - plays every game for me
    Fuchs home to arsenal - was supposed to play every game for me .......
    kone - home to boro
    friend - away to sland
    that game could well be a nil all
    amat home to hull !
    hard pick 3 out of that
    could go 4 3 3 and drop Gerry D or redmond along with capoue
    not mad on that though

whatever I do I'll have points on the. bench this week again I think
    will I have 15 starters again this season to bench boost I don't know........
    I wasted it early last year on a similar situation though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Thinking Fabregas to Coutinho, when do people expect him to rise? Only have 0.5 ITB so will need to move before any rise/drops

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

km79 wrote: »
    think that's a good call
    Sanchez looked sluggish at the weekend
    and hazard did not !

I don't have stats, but Sanchez up front doesn't seem to work. Giroud should be back for Leicester

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

El festino wrote: »
    Any Firmino owners tempted to bank .5m and potential price rise by getting the Coutinho?

Very tempted. The .5m would mean I could bring in Hazard next week (as long as he doesn't rise in price before then)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

El festino wrote: »

Not at all. Points will be shared between them, it was Coutinho scoring big this week, could easily be Firmino at the weekend.

I've picked Firmino and I'm sticking with him.

Anybody have any thoughts on Modou Barrow at Swansea?
    For a 5m FW I thought he looked decent on MOTD.
    Playing on the wing at home to Hull he could pick up some points I think.

Looks a good player. Played well towards the end of the season and I stuck him in my shortlist for this season. Could be a good punt at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Benimar wrote: »
    Not at all. Points will be shared between them, it was Coutinho scoring big this week, could easily be Firmino at the weekend.

I've picked Firmino and I'm sticking with him.

Yeah could easily go either way, only reason I'm considering it is to free up funds to bring in Hazard next week

Best FW for 5.5m?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Barkley? I'm very tempted to go for him, he seemed to play fairly advanced v Spurs and was on frees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Colking wrote: »
    I'm in a similar situation with owning Sanchez and not having Man Utd Attacking options. I am v tempted by Cazorla (Are you sure he's on pen duties though?) With Rambo out for a few weeks he should be guaranteed starting. But ..... it's Sanchez.

He was on penalties when he was fit, he was the bane of my existence the season before last with all of the penalties he was getting. Someone said in another thread that Wenger confirmed the order and he was first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Gaston Ramirez or Snodgrass in for Zaha

getting way too tempted by London LOL
    there's a sentence I never thought I'd type

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Brexit risk not putting you off?

jive wrote: »
    Brexit risk not putting you off?

Oops that should say Rondon !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I have Rondon, got him in due to their favourable fixtures, worked out so far but not sure if it'll go to plan long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I may do vardy to costa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

I may do vardy to costa

Good fixtures but seems more likely to get a three match ban than a hat-trick

I may do vardy to costa

I have Costa but Im thinking about getting rid,he gets goals but he gets involved in a lit of needless stuff and likes picking up yellows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I may do vardy to costa

Costa was very, very lucky not to see red last night. Put me off him as a FF asset completely. He's a sending off waiting to happen.

• Advertisement

Gaston Ramirez or Snodgrass in for Zaha
    I have a similar dilemma, upgrading my 4.5m MID as Grabban wont start at FW.
    Thinking Ramirez as I think he will get more attacking points although Snodgrass was excellent on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm going to bring in a Russian boxer. Guaranteed hat-trick!

I have a similar dilemma, upgrading my 4.5m MID as Grabban wont start at FW.
    Thinking Ramirez as I think he will get more attacking points although Snodgrass was excellent on Saturday.

Snodgrass is on set pieces as well,

Im also worried about Silva's gametime with City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I may do vardy to costa

Glad I'm not the only madman considering this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Costa is a very frustrating player to own, guaranteed a yellow card every game and the odd suspension. Saying that, Vardy isn't too different in that regard...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Arsenal have taken their fair share of bad beatings in recent years but they do have a good habit of bouncing back with a string of good results in the aftermath...

... they also have a few players returning for GW 2 so I don't think it's going to be as easy for Vardy and Mahrez as some might think.

Vardy will certainly be out to impress though.

Have many here played the wildcard yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

What do people think about Mata? Might swap him in for Fab as it looks like he is on the way out.

Icaras wrote: »
    What do people think about Mata? Might swap him in for Fab as it looks like he is on the way out.

Nobody loves Mata more than me :D but it's just too risky . Pogba still to come in . Miki R. Lingard was Rumoured to start only for the injury
    Too risky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Nobody loves Mata more than me :D but it's just too risky . Pogba still to come in . Miki R. Lingard was Rumoured to start only for the injury
    Too risky

Good point, forgot about Pogba

• Advertisement
Advertisement