Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game week 2 transfers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Oscar -> Siggy is probably my one but will wait until Thursday in case of injuries. Is it only West Ham playing in Europa League qualifiers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

SantryRed wrote: »
    Oscar -> Siggy is probably my one but will wait until Thursday in case of injuries. Is it only West Ham playing in Europa League qualifiers?

Yup, Southampton and ManU enter at group stage which starts midweek between GW4 and 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Wonder if Vorm is worth a punt for a few weeks if Lloris is out for 4 weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Crap start for me but no big panic. Fab out is obvious and probably Antonio who got stuck in at RB despite being a MF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Wonder if Vorm is worth a punt for a few weeks if Lloris is out for 4 weeks?

He's no Lloris. Don't think it be worth the transfer myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Holding.

Have serious lack of Chelsea players fear though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Now that Aguero is safely through the CL game I'll be holding. Vardy is the only one I'd have doubts over but he has 2 home games coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Shane Long out.
    Negredo in

The language barrier between Long and Aguero/Costa/Sanchez, coupled with his reluctance to learn Spanish has forced me into an early move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Little bit of a panic buy from Oscar to Coutinho. Oscar was always my least secure player, isn't on pens as rumoured and last nights game brought home the fact it's probably gonna be Hazard or nobody for Chelsea attacking points.

Had the 0.5 in the bank. I was hoping to keep the money and the transfer to help make the 2 moves needed get from Gray to Benteke for GW3 - may end up taking the hit to get him now.

However had an itchy finger and have decided that my priority for first 3/4 weeks is team value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Aguero out. Missed two pens tonight.

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Aguero out. Missed two pens tonight.

:P

and scored a hat trick LoL
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Does anyone know who might be a better choice as a cheap Swansea defender: Amat or Kingsley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Big Borg wrote: »
    Does anyone know who might be a better choice as a cheap Swansea defender: Amat or Kingsley?

Amat. Kingsley will probably lose out when Taylor is fit. However they could sign a CB also.

But Amat seems to be rated so more secure imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Amat is also cheaper now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm relatively happy with my team so will bank it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Amat is also cheaper now.
    He's still 4.0m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

He's still 4.0m

Kingsley is 4.1m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

spock. wrote: »
    Kingsley is 4.1m

But will be 4.0 again very soon!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

So I rather foolishly picked Lukaku, thinking he would be available last week.

Any word on whether he'll make this week? and if not who could I get in?

spock. wrote: »
    He's still 4.0m

Kingsley is 4.1m
    I know.
    OP was talking about Amat being cheaper?

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    But will be 4.0 again very soon!! :)

Not after his 12 pointer against Hull ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

I know.

I think he meant that Amat is now cheaper than Kingsley, rather than being cheaper than his starting price

BillyBoy wrote: »
    I know.

I think he meant that Amat is now cheaper than Kingsley, rather than being cheaper than his starting price
    Clink.... penny dropped. Sorry guys! :P

What 3 DEF would you start from Stones, Alder, Morgan, Evans?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Clink.... penny dropped. Sorry guys! :P

What 3 DEF would you start from Stones, Alder, Morgan, Evans?

I'm honestly looking at 4-3-3 this week as there are lots of strong defensive options available. Looking at your request in isolation, I'd say Morgan.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm honestly looking at 4-3-3 this week as there are lots of strong defensive options available. Looking at your request in isolation, I'd say Morgan.
    Damn! Just realized I'll probably have to play all 4.
    Picked my subs last minute Friday night and ended up with non-players.
    Should have had Amat, Capoue, Diomande maybe.
    But instead I have Paredes, Leko, Grabban.

Alternative is to transfer Paredes -> Amat and play him instead of Morgan...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Changing out Tadic I think but for who?

Options I'm looking at are Barkely, Ayew or Siggy....any opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Damn! Just realized I'll probably have to play all 4.
    Picked my subs last minute Friday night and ended up with non-players.
    Should have had Amat, Capoue, Diomande maybe.
    But instead I have Paredes, Leko, Grabban.

Alternative is to transfer Paredes -> Amat and play him instead of Morgan...

I have Amat and Diomonde as my cheapies.. happy with that, 14 points on the bench was a sting though.. Still playing subs is what I wanted, so happy enough.. all 15 playes 90 mins, except Cabaye.. He only got 15, so he's got the chop for Redmond, who is a bargain for 6 million, with him playing up front

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Changing out Tadic I think but for who?

Options I'm looking at are Barkely, Ayew or Siggy....any opinions?

Bank, he was unlucky last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Would like to bank but now thinking of Firminho in for Silva.

Silva was subbed after 60mins in GW1 and played 90mins last night. Should I be worried about his game time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

shineon23 wrote: »
    Shane Long out.
    Negredo in

The language barrier between Long and Aguero/Costa/Sanchez, coupled with his reluctance to learn Spanish has forced me into an early move.

As good a reason for a transfer as some of the reasons given on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

With Mane likely out injured the Pool midfield puzzle is easier, still leaning towards Lallana at the price he is.

Just realised Lallana is 7.0 and not 7.5 as i thought, gives me the option to do a straight swap.

Townsend to Lallana, away to Spurs vs away to Burnley, Lallana wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Made my transfer yesterday:

negredo in Rhodes out.

Now Mane injured.

It's either a points hit and get coutinho/firminho in for Mane. Or go 4-3-3 with having

Spurs/Everton/City/Palace defender.

And pray for 0-0 Spurs V Palace. Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Have no Chelsea coverage and have enough to swap Mahrez to Hazard! Any one any reason not to do it? I don't like the comments from Mahrez today and for they aren't all pulling together then they could struggle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Have no Chelsea coverage and have enough to swap Mahrez to Hazard! Any one any reason not to do it? I don't like the comments from Mahrez today and for they aren't all pulling together then they could struggle

I like it. Mahrez's only highlight from Saturday was the penalty. Hazard offered way more. I do, however, see Leicester scoring against Aresnal this weekend and Hazard has that history with pretty poor away form stats.

Maybe hold on one more week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

My predicament is I have Hazard and Oscar. Tempted to hold on a transfer but worried Fabregas might get a start in place of Oscar this week.
    Not too keen on any affordable replacements though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i said in the other thread that I'd do Mané ----> Martial if Mané is seriously injured, but I'm re-thinking it now.

I could do any of Martial, Siggy, Cazorla, Firmino really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Should i off load ozil and lukaku...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lukaku seems a good option this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

What has changed your mind about them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

mahrez or payet people :D ?

and coutinho or firminho ?

pudzey101 wrote: »
    mahrez or payet people :D ?

West Ham News ‏@WHUFC_News 54m54 minutes ago
    BREAKING: The club are also assessing Payet and Nordtveit - who picked up injuries at Chelsea. [via @ExWHUemployee]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Not strictly a transfer but looking for advise on what 3 to play from this 5.

Stones.... AWAY to stoke
    Terry .... AWAY to watford
    Friend .... AWAY to Sunderland
    Amat .... HOME to hull
    Williams ....AWAY to WBA and may not start.

I'm thing of starting Amat.

Watford are poorish to Terry is a next in line.

SUN v BORO is a big derby ... could be full of goals, cards etc

Williams is risky...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

steve_r wrote: »
    Looking to replace Ayew. Looking at either:
    1. Redmond. Seems on-form, oop and a bargain at 6.0. A very talented player and this could easily be his breakout season. Away to Utd is not a great fixture though
    2. Siggy - 7.5 - On set pieces and crucial to this Swansea team but I would have concerns about Swansea this season. Home to Hull is tempting
    3. Cazorla - 7.5 - If he is fit, happy and playing then he is underpriced at 7.5. Away to Leciester
    This ain't easy! Leaning towards Cazorla though. In terms of a long term pricing, I can see him coming up from 7.5. Redmond will as well, but becuase he is lower it will still be easier to get him in the team.

I'm in the same boat and need to make a move tonight as Ayew looks like falling. Leaning towards Carzola. Is he likely to start now for the next few weeks with the Ramsey and Iwobi injuries?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Not strictly a transfer but looking for advise on what 3 to play from this 5.

Stones.... AWAY to stoke Terry .... AWAY to watford Friend .... AWAY to Sunderland Amat .... HOME to hull Williams ....AWAY to WBA and may not start.

I'm thing of starting Amat.

Watford are poorish to Terry is a next in line.

SUN v BORO is a big derby ... could be full of goals, cards etc

Williams is risky...

Amat, Stones and Terry Id say

I'm in the same boat and need to make a move tonight as Ayew looks like falling. Leaning towards Carzola. Is he likely to start now for the next few weeks with the Ramsey and Iwobi injuries?

I would probably bring in siggy as he's highly likely to be involved in any attacking returns for Swans.
    Also they're playing Hull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I would probably bring in siggy as he's highly likely to be involved in any attacking returns for Swans.
    Also they're playing Hull

Hull(A) next , but then Leicester, chelsea, Southampton, man city, Liverpool and arsenal after that so that's putting me off.
    Now thinking between Carzola and Barkley who both have ok ish fixtures for next 4-5 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Worth a 4 point hit to do townsend to lamela? I can't go any higher than 7.0 so that rules out cazorla, sterling etc.
    It also rules out lamela after a price rise to 7.1.
    I wouldn't mind having townsend for gw3 at home to Bournemouth but know lamela will be out of reach then.
    Lamela at home to palace this week. What are people's thoughts on this potential transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Hogey007 wrote:
    Worth a 4 point hit to do townsend to lamela? I can't go any higher than 7.0 so that rules out cazorla, sterling etc. It also rules out lamela after a price rise to 7.1. I wouldn't mind having townsend for gw3 at home to Bournemouth but know lamela will be out of reach then. Lamela at home to palace this week. What are people's thoughts on this potential transfer.

Id hold him. Up against his former club ... has as good a chance of getting points as Lamela and you'd need him to outscore Lamela by 4 points to break even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Exam Friday so sorting team now. Oscar -> Siggy done. One more week of hiding behind the couch whilst watching Hazard but he'll be in my team for the following week in place of Sanchez.

Playing four at the back and benching Redmond. Terry (wat), Love (MID), Amat (HUL), Shaw (SOU). Hoping it's a week for clean sheets :)

Prob be leaving captaincy on Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Going away for the weekend so finalising team now.
    Any thoughts on Townsend to siggy or should I just bank the transfer?

• Advertisement
Advertisement