Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game week 2 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

Any update on Mane ? Is it a serious injury ?

Need player suggestion to replace him if I ship him out,
    thinking about Hazard. thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

NN215 wrote: »
    Any update on Mane ? Is it a serious injury ?

Need player suggestion to replace him if I ship him out,
    thinking about Hazard. thoughts ?

If you have the funds, go for it!

If I have to get rid of Mané I'll be looking at Cazorla and possibly Sterling - he looks to be well served by the way Pep sets up (here's a FFS article on that - http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2016/08/17/how-pep-is-turning-sterling-into-fantasy-gold/) and has produced the goods in the League and Europe this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

SantryRed wrote: »
    Exam Friday so sorting team now. Oscar -> Siggy done. One more week of hiding behind the couch whilst watching Hazard but he'll be in my team for the following week in place of Sanchez.

Playing four at the back and benching Redmond. Terry (wat), Love (MID), Amat (HUL), Shaw (SOU). Hoping it's a week for clean sheets :)

Prob be leaving captaincy on Aguero.

Wrote up yesterday about going 2-5-3 (as I wrote 2 CS in 20 games I have to go attacking) and now I'm at 4-3-3, same as you and benching Redmond.

Going to the game tomorrow night so putting all my eggs in one basket and hoping United get a good win over Southampton and a cleanie. Foster, Shaw, Stones (maybe not so much :D), Amat & Kone all to get CS. Here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Can somebody please talk me out of doing Kdb + Vardy to Sterling + Zlatan?
    It's very tempting but I don't want to be wasting -4 points already....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Can somebody please talk me out of doing Kdb + Vardy to Sterling + Zlatan?
    It's very tempting but I don't want to be wasting -4 points already....

Zlatan due to rise tomorrow evening but I really wouldn't. Vardy could have a field day against THAT Arsenal side at the King Power. Mahrez new contract should have him playing better than last week and feeding Vardy.

KDB is a far superior goal/threat to Sterling. Zlatan would be the only thing leading me that way but you'll need Sterling & Zlatan to score 4 more points than Vardy & KDB just to break even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Andre Ayew is out long term

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Thinking of bringing in Rondon for Gray, any thoughts? Fancy West Brom to be very cross orientated under Pulis with McClean and Phillips out wide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Thinking of bringing in Rondon for Gray, any thoughts? Fancy West Brom to be very cross orientated under Pulis with McClean and Phillips out wide.

Has a Tony Pulis side ever not been oriented towards putting it in the mixer? :pac:

In seriousness though it could be a good one, their fixtures aren't the worst and definitely better than Gray's anyways. He's only getting two more chances for me and is getting turfed out at wildcard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

I was going to but great looked good on MOTD and pool are poison at the back!
    if I was a betting man I'd say they will prob score the same points this weekend .......so I'll keep the transfer instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭steve_r

I would probably bring in siggy as he's highly likely to be involved in any attacking returns for Swans.
    Also they're playing Hull

I'm still stuck on the Cazorla v Siggy dilema. Ruling out Redmond as i will probably bring him in next week for Townsend.

Just looking at whoscored and Siggy only played 30 mins last week and had one shot. Leaning towards Cazorla now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

No Lallana love vs Burnley? Really tempted to get him in for Spacecraft

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

dahat wrote: »
    No Lallana love vs Burnley? Really tempted to get him in for Spacecraft

6 goal attempts and created 2 chances, more than any other midfielder. I'm considering bringing in Townsend

6 goal attempts and created 2 chances more than any other midfielder im considering bringing in Townsend

But only 2pts and against Spurs I'm not sure he will deliver. Both he and Tadic did really well on the stats last week so maybe he is worth holding for another week.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

dahat wrote: »
    But only 2pts and against Spurs I'm not sure he will deliver. Both he and Tadic did really well on the stats last week so maybe he is worth holding for another week.

maybe a 1 week punt on lallana is a good option but long run I think you'd regret it

maybe a 1 week punt on lallana is a good option but long run I think you'd regret it

With a gw3 wildcard planned i might risk it, easy correct if needed. Both aren't long term options anyway imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Burnley at turf moor isn't a place that they tend to concede too many goals. Last time in pl Chelsea scored 3 ,Liverpool and arsenal scored 1 , utd city and spurs all failed to score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Yeah, it'll be a completely different game to the one at the Emirates.

Liverpool won't be able to play that blitzing counter attacking football and Burnley won't be as naive as Arsenal. An early Liverpool goal could change all that though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

I see a lot of people thinking of Cazorla. Is he guaranteed to play? In my mind there are a few questions over it.

1.He didn't start ahead of Iwobi last weekend.
    2. Oxlade-Chamberlain was brought on just before him against Liverpool, Cazorla only came on after Ramsey got injured (suggests maybe Wenger trusted OC over Cazorla?)
    3. I would assume if Giroud is back this weekend, then Sanchez will be dropping back into the attacking midfield position.
    4. Ozil still has to come back in

What do you lads think?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Cazorla looked like he had been hitting the buffet a bit much over pre season when he came on last weekend. i know he set up 2 goals though so maybe he can enjoy his grub and still be a baller but it just doesn't overly fill me with confidence when players are a little more robust than you would expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

16c71b1131400dcaed1deff843921592.png

Think i might bank my transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

BillyBoy wrote: »
    I see a lot of people thinking of Cazorla. Is he guaranteed to play? In my mind there are a few questions over it.

1.He didn't start ahead of Iwobi last weekend.
    2. Oxlade-Chamberlain was brought on just before him against Liverpool, Cazorla only came on after Ramsey got injured (suggests maybe Wenger trusted OC over Cazorla?)
    3. I would assume if Giroud is back this weekend, then Sanchez will be dropping back into the attacking midfield position.
    4. Ozil still has to come back in

What do you lads think?

Iwobi and Ox play different positions to Cazorla. Ramsey started in the #10 over him and Ozil will slot straight back there once fit. Cazorla will only be used there sporadically and the rest of his playing time will come when Wenger doesn't want to use two defensive mids in the pivot (i.e. smaller teams)

It's gong to be a funny one this week
    A lot of us are choosing to bank and maybe stick with aguero captain
    Many others will miss deadline and end up the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Quite a few thinking of benching Redmond this week ... not for me though.. I know it's man u at OT but FORM over FIXTURES people. Form over fixtures!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Quite a few thinking of benching Redmond this week ... not for me though.. I know it's man u at OT but FORM over FIXTURES people. Form over fixtures!

People are bemching Redmond? :eek:

spock. wrote:
    People are bemching Redmond?

Yep. Have seen it mentioned a few times across a couple of threads on here.

• Advertisement

Yep. Have seen it mentioned a few times across a couple of threads on here.

Edit. Also saw post about benching Tadic too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Transferred Ayew for Walcott last night.

Stuck with Fabregas now though unless I sacrifice 4 points.
    Could be worth it though..??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Thinking Baines in for Van Dijk,Everton have a nice run of fixtures coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Fabregas out Barkely in.

Hope you made the move already as fab dropped last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

Iwobi and Ox play different positions to Cazorla. Ramsey started in the #10 over him and Ozil will slot straight back there once fit. Cazorla will only be used there sporadically and the rest of his playing time will come when Wenger doesn't want to use two defensive mids in the pivot (i.e. smaller teams)

Yeah that is true on the Iwobi Ox thing, hadn't thought of that. Still think it would only be a one or two week transfer until Ozil is back (should be fit by now?), so not sure its worth it for me. Think I'll bank my transfer for this week, happy enough with what I have. Cheers for the reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

km79 wrote: »
    Hope you made the move already as fab dropped last night

Yea made it a couple days ago just never got around to posting it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Need some help on who to start:
    Stones or Evans?
    Tadic or Spacecraft?

Have brought in Coutinho for Fabregas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

considering banking this week. Unless anyone has any advice? could transfer out either friend or Oscar...

de Gea

Stones

Valencia
    Morgan
    Friend

Hazard
    Mahrez
    Redmond
    Oscar

Agüero
    Ibrahimovic

Subs
    Robinson

Diomande
    Capoue
    Amat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Burnley at turf moor isn't a place that they tend to concede too many goals. Last time in pl Chelsea scored 3 ,Liverpool and arsenal scored 1 , utd city and spurs all failed to score.

People seem to forget that scoring away from home in general isn't easy. Lost count of the number of times I've benched players at home for those away only to be stung.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

16c71b1131400dcaed1deff843921592.png

Think i might bank my transfer

basically my team bar i have Amat in for Shaw and De Gea in goals

https://gyazo.com/fb83b155b6238124a85c28240995ae40

Any opinons ? Thinking of banking my transfer and going for Coutinho and Lamela next week instead of Alli and Ayew

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dsmythy wrote: »
    People seem to forget that scoring away from home in general isn't easy. Lost count of the number of times I've benched players at home for those away only to be stung.

Ye for those 6 fixtures 2 years ago Burnley conceded a total of 5 goals in their 6 home games as opposed to 13 goals in their 6 away games. I totally agree there is a huge difference between a home and away fixture. Having said that I think I remember reading that last season the difference between the two was minimal which is a very rare occurrence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

threein99 wrote: »
    https://gyazo.com/fb83b155b6238124a85c28240995ae40

Any opinons ? Thinking of banking my transfer and going for Coutinho and Lamela next week instead of Alli and Ayew

No problems there. The only risk in waiting is a possible Ayew price drop - I think he's dropped once already but with Friday night being a new gameweek, he could go then.

Dunno if Lamela is a better option than Alli, although I do have the former myself.

No problems there. The only risk in waiting is a possible Ayew price drop - I think he's dropped once already but with Friday night being a new gameweek, he could go then.

Dunno if Lamela is a better option than Alli, although I do have the former myself.

Yeah I'm being a bit trigger happy with Alli I think, I should give him 4 games, Lamela looks in good form and has had a good pre season thats what has me leaning towards him over Alli + hes cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'll be getting rid of Alli if Janssen starts and pushes Kane into #10 and Alli into double pivot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thinking Baines in for Van Dijk,Everton have a nice run of fixtures coming up

Southampton have nice home fixtures in between a few tricky away ones. I'm keeping him for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Started with 65 points, all my players played and no one got injured.

No surgery required so going to bank.

considering banking this week. Unless anyone has any advice? could transfer out either friend or Oscar...

Oscar to Barkley maybe.
    But I wouldn't be hasty about it. I'd give Oscar one more game

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

Oscar to Barkley maybe.
    But I wouldn't be hasty about it. I'd give Oscar one more game

I would plus 1 this. No need to transfer yet. Oscar was pretty good against West ham. If you look on the fourfourtwo website he seems to have an attacking role. He should have been awarded a penalty and possibly taken it too. (Shakes fist at hazard)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Jaggo wrote: »
    I would plus 1 this. No need to transfer yet. Oscar was pretty good against West ham. If you look on the fourfourtwo website he seems to have an attacking role. He should have been awarded a penalty and possibly taken it too. (Shakes fist at hazard)

yeah I'm a chelsea fan and thought that was one of oscars better games so would be surprised to see him dropped.

ya it should've been oscar assist hazard pen but the ref fecked it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Jakupovic
    Shaw Stone Amat
    Mahrez Townsend Redmond Firminho
    Agustin (c) Ibra Gray

Forster Routledge Evans Friend

Any opinions on this as my 11 lads?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Benteke off to palace, bargain at 7.5. He will hardly play this weekend but thinking Sanchez and Gray to Hazard and Benteke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Jakupovic
    Shaw Stone Amat
    Mahrez Townsend Redmond Firminho
    Agustin (c) Ibra Gray

Forster Routledge Evans Friend

Any opinions on this as my 11 lads?

Have a practically identical backline as you. Considering playing Forster ahead of Jakupovic as Southampton like their clean sheets against big teams. Have McAuley ahead of Stones as well.

Team isn't in great shape with Deulofeu, Redmond and Forster all unlikely to get more than two points. Nothing I can really do without taking a hit so I'm banking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

What are the chances of Mhkitaryan playing tomorrow night?

Advertisement