Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game week 2 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

yorlum11 wrote: »
    What are the chances of Mhkitaryan playing tomorrow night?

20/30 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Benteke off to palace, bargain at 7.5. He will hardly play this weekend but thinking Sanchez and Gray to Hazard and Benteke

Puts me in a bit of a dilema as a Townsend owner, don't see Andros doing much at the weekend so was thinking of selling him but now I want to keep him as I can see Benteke getting on the end of his crosses

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

Is Martial a guaranteed starter tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sheeeeit wrote: »

No, but he's a likely starter.

yorlum11 wrote: »
    What are the chances of Mhkitaryan playing tomorrow night?

Mourinho has said today in quotes just released that he did not play him in last 2 games as Lingard and Mata were better options for those 2 games but he will get chances
    Not what you want from a 9.5ml fantasy asset

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Story with Mane? Get rid or keep. Need to bring in Amat or Wilson as well for kone/evans/pieters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Deco99 wrote: »
    Story with Mane? Get rid or keep. Need to bring in Amat or Wilson as well for kone/evans/pieters

Muscle injury. Will be keeping and asked by GW3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Mane out is great news for all other liverpool player owners - Such a wasteful little gloryhunting fecker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Jakupovic Shaw Stone Amat Mahrez Townsend Redmond Firminho Agustin (c) Ibra Gray
    Forster Routledge Evans Friend
    Any opinions on this as my 11 lads?

Think you have made the right stating Xi.

Foster / Jaku is a 50-50 call

I'd play friend before Evans if you are thinking of dropping Stones or Amat

Any Everton fans out there ?
    Is Gerry d likely to miss out this weekend with lukaku back ? And then there is Bolasie ........I'm tempted to play 433 and bench him

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Any Everton fans out there ?
    Is Gerry d likely to miss out this weekend with lukaku back ? And then there is Bolasie ........I'm tempted to play 433 and bench him

I reckon he'll be back on the wing. Mirallas most likely to miss out.

I reckon he'll be back on the wing. Mirallas most likely to miss out.

Damn this isn't easy
    Fuchs is probably the most likely defender to concede but he is in for his attacking threat
    Valencia in
    That leave Amat Kone and friend
    Friend won't be picked
    Amat has a great chance of a cleanie BUT I had Kone in for this game only and he is also an attacking threat
    Aargh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

km79 wrote: »
    Damn this isn't easy
    Fuchs is probably the most likely defender to concede but he is in for his attacking threat
    Valencia in
    That leave Amat Kone and friend
    Friend won't be picked
    Amat has a great chance of a cleanie BUT I had Kone in for this game only and he is also an attacking threat
    Aargh

Tough call.
    About 1 in 4 squads now have a Swansea defender.
    I'd consider it a Fuchs/Kone call if Del Boy makes your eleven.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Jakupovic
    Shaw Stone Amat
    Mahrez Townsend Redmond Firminho
    Agustin (c) Ibra Gray

Forster Routledge Evans Friend

Any opinions on this as my 11 lads?

Routledge for Townsend? Home to Hull seems better than away to Spurs. I have Routledge myself so I'm certainly hoping he does well.
    Rikand wrote: »
    Mane out is great news for all other liverpool player owners - Such a wasteful little gloryhunting fecker

Huh? Is that a serious opinion or a FF opinion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Mkhitaryan out
    Alli in.

Lost 0.1M
    0.9M in the bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Sheeeeit wrote: »

Am thinking of swapping Mahrez out for Martial in this week. Am I mad? Also have Payet, but think I'll keep him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Mahrez just signed a new contract and is playing at home against a very shaky Arsenal defence. I'd captain him before I swapped him out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Am thinking of swapping Mahrez out for Martial in this week. Am I mad? Also have Payet, but think I'll keep him

Can see Arsenal V Leicester being a goal fest, Utd game should be pretty tight. Hard to see there being more than 1 or 2 goals, for that reason plus the new contract, I'd keep him. Think Leicester might be on the rebound after losing to Hull.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I think I'll roll my transfer over.

It involves trusting Townsend and Mirallas to play but I'm hoping Bolasie will start from the bench and that Pardew has the sense to swap Andros to the right...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Banked. Did well enough on the opening gw so it's too early for me to make changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

...and now I want to bring in PVA.

Think I'll log off for a few hours instead :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Huh? Is that a serious opinion or a FF opinion?

It's a personal opinion based off 2 years of watching him play football. I present my case on him from actual quotes I made in threads over the past 2 years ;)
    Mane is awful

I made this quote in November 2014 after watching him waste chance, after chance, after chance. Losing ball, after ball, after ball. It was a game between Southampton and a truly awful Aston Villa side. In the end he was subbed with 10 minutes to go and without him impeding the side, Southampton were finally able to get their **** together long enough to score a winner.
    Midfielders ::

Midfielders, are they better than siggy ? No.

Tadic maybe could fit it.... but Mane is so incredibly wasteful in front of goal, with his passing, with every aspect of his play, he'd be a nightmare to have in your team. Watch more than 1 or 2 games where he's playing and you'd be tearing your hair out. I watched a couple of games and I didnt have him in my team and I was tearing whats left of my hair out mostly because I had Pelle and I wanted him to pass to Pelle, or just, NOT LOSE THE BALL!

Another poster "Shedite" asked the question looking for opinions with regard to good midfield options one month after I had watched the Mane horror show quoted above. Mane is wasteful. He scores goals because he takes SOOOOO many shots, 93% of which miss the target(percentage made up on the spot to illustrate a point).

I didnt mention him again for a whole year later, but then while watching him again in November 2015
    Chesty08 wrote: »
    Mane has missed two chances already 😫😫

Not good for captain owners looking on!!

Mane does that every game. Miss 15 chances, score 1

If you dont plan on watching Mane play, then he's probably an okay option. But if you actually to sit down and watch him play football, while also owning him or one of his attack minded teammates, then he is a nightmare....

Finally, in December last year. A poster asked the question, who should he bench from his front 8. Mane and Pelle were playing against Aston Villa, but i suggested he should bench one of them
    Pelle or Mane

6 days later, that decision was regretted - not only regretted, but the poor fella captained Mane to boot
    Mane or pelle :(

So in conclusion

it is my personal opinion, that Mane is a wasteful little gloryhunting fecker and I have the relevant experience to back up my opinion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

He scores goals because he takes SOOOOO many shots, 93% of which miss the target(percentage made up on the spot to illustrate a point).

82% of made up statistics are wrong but only 47% of the time.

Just on the Mane thing - he was quite young. We could be seeing him develop a bit - get more goals etc. The selfish element will mean he scores more while shafting his Liverpool colleagues too.

On saying that, every time I get him, I regret it (well only 72% of the time).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Jaggo wrote: »
    82% of made up statistics are wrong but only 47% of the time.

Just on the Mane thing - he was quite young. We could be seeing him develop a bit - get more goals etc. The selfish element will mean he scores more while shafting his Liverpool colleagues too.

On saying that, every time I get him, I regret it (well only 72% of the time).
    He could also go the way of the majority of Southampton players bought by Liverpool before.

Having said that I do like Lallana at the minute and I think he is the one to bring in. He seems to have gotten a new lease of life under Klopp.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭First Explorer

Swapped out Silva for Firmino earlier in the week, Silva was only put in as i thought City would have scored more last week, but always planned to swap him out for a cheaper mid. Building a lil kitty for future plans

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Need some help on who to start:
    Stones or Evans?
    Tadic or Spacecraft?

Have brought in Coutinho for Fabregas
    Any thoughts on who to start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Need some help on who to start:
    Stones or Evans?
    Tadic or Spacecraft?

Have brought in Coutinho for Fabregas
    Any thoughts on who to start?

Stones and Tadic....I really do not rate Townsend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

Start Morgan or Redmond??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Bank transfer or bring Firmino in for Silva?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Bank transfer or bring Firmino in for Silva?

Hmm. I do like Firminho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Only transfer I'm considering is Tadic to Siggy.

Yes or no?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Yes or no?

Slightly sideways move, both at home to "weaker" opposition, bank imo.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Slightly sideways move, both at home to "weaker" opposition, bank imo.

Southampton are away to United so that was my reasoning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Southampton are away to United so that was my reasoning.

Was thinking Tadic played for Spurs for some reason... :o

Sorry about that.

Time to step away from the PC methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Yes or no?

Considering same myself as he is due to drop tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Yes or no?

Tadic home to Sunderland and Siggy away to Leicester next week. Think I'd hold the transfer myself.

dahat wrote: »

Yes or no?

Considering same myself as he is due to drop tonight.

Didn't realise that. Need to make my mind up soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I think I'll go for Lamela over Siggy to replace Ramsey.

Much of a muchness between them so siding with ownership and price rises at this stage of the season.

I did Vardy to Costa being particularly conscious that I'm going to wildcard early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Have exactly enough to do Vardy to Ibra...the fear is starting to set in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Need to get rid of Fabregas but I have no idea who for. My current midfield is: Payet, Lamela, Firmino, Fabregas and Hojberg. I'm looking at Redmond but away to United doesnt look too tempting. Any other options?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Need to get rid of Fabregas but I have no idea who for. My current midfield is: Payet, Lamela, Firmino, Fabregas and Hojberg. I'm looking at Redmond but away to United doesnt look too tempting. Any other options?

Siggy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Okay. Been agonising over whether or not to do Vardy & Sanchez to Lamela & Zlatan. But I'm not going to before GW2.

I will undoubtedly have the Zlatan fear going into this evening, but in the worst case scenario he gets a decent score and it makes the decision to get him in easier, I can get it done before the price rise, I don't have to take a -4 hit in the process, and there's always a chance that Vardy offsets some of the damage against a pretty woeful Arsenal defence.

I've only just found peace with this decision, so please nobody point out any flaws in my thinking :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

I think people transferring out Tadic are mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I think people transferring out Tadic are mad

All they see is a big fat 2. No bigger picture available to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Siggy

Was thinking with him too, but Swansea look like they're in for a rough season imo. Will keep an eye on him anyways. Might bring him in next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

just took a risk vy juggling around and got in ibra over vardy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

pudzey101 wrote: »
    just took a risk vy juggling around and got in ibra over vardy :)

Paid off nicely didnt it ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Guys who should I replace Feghouili with????

Guys who should I replace Feghouili with????

Have you any money in the bank? There's not a lot for 5.5 or below out there, Demarai Gray?

• Advertisement
Advertisement