Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapo solution to non-charging tablet? suggestions?

• 13-08-2016 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭

I've a couple of tablets here that work but won't charge. 1 is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" and has a proprietary charge/data port. The other is a less popular make and has a plug a bit like an older Nokia phone. The socket on this is cracked and will charge if the wire is held at a particular angle.

I'm thinking of putting an external Li-ion USB powerbank on the back and running a couple of wires inside. A couple of questions:

If I leave the original battery in place, in parallel with the external unit, might it cause a problem with the charging circuit in the powerbank? Like drawing too much current.

The original Samsung battery has 5 wires, 2 black, 2 red and 1 blue (in the centre). I've charged it with a couple of leads connected to an empty powerbank case, connected to red and black, works fine. What's the blue wire likely to be?

I presume the rest of the tablet will be OK with a fully charged voltage of maybe 4.1V ?

The Samsung battery is 4000mAh, the other is 4400.

Comments

Advertisement