Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin consultant

Options
  • 13-08-2016 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Would really appreciate any recommendations of a Consultant in any of the 3 Dublin maternity hospitals for private care for an anxious patient. It'll probably be a csection so a good sectioner would be great! Also a rough idea of prices would be brill. From my enquires so fee, they seem to vary from
    2500 to 5,000! I have insurance to cover the balance. Thanks a million

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Gunther Von Bunau in the Coombe is excellent (only cons I have experience with in a capacity that wasn't just one visit as I was public). I ended up having a natural birth but because I was a vaginal birth after cesarean patient, cesarean was discussed and he was brilliant at putting my mind at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Yintang

Peter McParland in Holles St is fantastic. Very calm and reassuring. One of Europe's leading experts in foetal medicine also I believe. Costs were around €4k 5 years ago, not sure what they're like now...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

I'm with Shane Higgins in Holles Street, so far I can't say enough nice things about him. He is patient and very attentive. I feel very reassured in his care.

I have come here from a 4.5 years of trying for a baby, I was very anxious and have had a few issues at the start, he has been super to date. he let me have an extra couple of visits in the beginning as I was so nervous and we get a scan at every visit.

The fee is €4K, I got money back from my health insurance and also can claim a portion back from revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

I'm with Nadine Farah in the Coombe and very happy so far. She's €3k which includes a scan at every appointment and also the anomaly scan. Payment and appointment times are very flexible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Would 100% not recommend one consultant mentioned here for myriad reasons.
    I attended Rhona Mahony for both my pregnancies. She was excellent, I had two sections and she did them and all aftercare.

• Advertisement
Advertisement