Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to build a pc for 500-600 Euro.

Options
  • 13-08-2016 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello all and thanks for reading this, I'm wanting to build a gaming computer for 500 or 600 euro where I can play games such as H1Z1, Bannerlord, DayZ, Arma, and Rust. I wish to play them on high graphics or even ultra with decent FPS. Perhaps around 100 FPS?

Is this too much to ask for, for this price? The only other thing I'd be doing on it is watching Youtube videos, Going on Facebook and going on Forums such as Boards.

I already have a keyboard, mouse and, Monitor.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What resolution and refresh rate is the monitor?

You can get a solid PC for that money but you're asking for more than it'll handle for everything

• Registered Users Posts: 16 20rIrish

I'm not too sure it over 10 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Well, you're going to want to check that. Not much point in spending money on a system that can run games at 100fps if your monitor can only display 60.

It won't push 100fps anyways. I'd guess 720p with absolutely no basis for thinking so :D

Build anyways
    I3 6100 €120
    H150M board €60
    8gb DDR4 €40
    1tb HDD €50
    Case €50
    RX 460 €150
    400w PSU €50
    120gb SSD €50
    Total €570

Mindfactory or Amazon are sound for parts, should play most of your games fairly well. Any questions, ask away.

Budgets not high enough for a high quality high fps machine so it doesn't really matter.

Not sure if dropping the SSD for an i5 is worth it or not, they are CPU heavy games listed

How much more should I be spending for a high FPS machine and I'm sure I can buy a new monitor then.

• Advertisement

About €250 to €300 more, ou want an i5 and RX 480 or GTX 1060, high FPS monitors are upwards of €200 easy.

I wouldn't get wound up on it, high FPS makes games nicer to play, not necessarily better.

Yeah I just don't want to make the same mistake again of buying a bad computer.. I've bought two laptops now which was a huge mistake.. I can only get above 25 FPS on H1Z1 which is horrible and sometimes drops to 5 or 6. Just need something that can last and do the job.

Gaming laptops aren't anyway comparable to laptops. I'll look at some benches for you after work and try give a notion of what you should be able to achieve with this PC. Someone else might be able to harbour guesses in the mean time, but it'll be a far stronger machine than any laptop you've used

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

To put it into perspective, for €600 you could build a PC including a 24" 1080P monitor that would run games at above PS4 quality visuals at a decent framerate.

Unlike laptops, PC's can be easily upgraded so once you get a solid base PC now, you can upgrade the graphics card in a year or two as required or add other bits and pieces.

A laptop that could play those games at decent levels would cost around €800 and even then it would have to specifically be a gaming laptop with an actual Nvidia graphics card. You can pay up to 2K for laptops that are still rubbish at games.

Aye I'm always hoping to be updating it over and over as my wages will be increasing in the coming months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭IRAC War

Personally I'd push for an RX470 dropping the SSD if needed. Partition the HDD when installing with a 100GB partition for your OS you can then clone that partition onto an SSD when you get around to buying one. The difference in having one is night and day.

If the budget allows go with an i5 but it's a secondary concern to the above IMHO. The Rx470 is just such a good card for the money, go for the cheapest one you can find, there is a lot of overlap on the RX460/RX470 at the moment and there really shouldn't be - the RX470 twice the card of the 460.

Advertisement