Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transpanting Shrubs

Options
  • 13-08-2016 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

I want to move some shrubs from one part of my garden to the other. 2 x heathers, 1 x dwarf fuscia and another yoke that i dont know what it is. Whats the best way to go about this, time of year etc etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Really you can do this at any time. Take as much soil and football as possible. Water very well for the rest of the year and prune back if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

Geezer1000 wrote: »
    I want to move some shrubs from one part of my garden to the other. 2 x heathers, 1 x dwarf fuscia and another yoke that i dont know what it is. Whats the best way to go about this, time of year etc etc?

Thanks

Transpanting???, sounds like something that you'd see in the George on a Saturday night.

Seriously though now is not the time to transplant, and heathers don't transplant well at all, except the tree heather, so forget about transplanting them.
    Fuchsias transplant well and could be transplanted now, but you would need to take a large rootball and would require a lot of TLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I've moved heather and all kinds of shrubs in late summer on many occasions over the past 50 years and always had success. Take a large rootball, water well in the coming couple of months and, if it has a lot of leaves cut some back.

I've transplanted a heather recently too. As said, bring a big rootball and water very well.

Advertisement