Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir sport is a mess

Options
  • 13-08-2016 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

I've only used this PC to access it and it says I have used all my slots and need to wait until next month. What is a monthly swap? Why does the system think I've used 3 separate devices.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭Data_Quest

Some tips when using eir Sport.

There is a very strict criteria to get access to eir Sport. First of all you need to register on my eir and you have to have a non business broadband service on your account before you will be allowed access.

You are only allowed to enable two devices for eir Sport. On a PC if you use different browsers they will count as separate devices. Chrome or MS Edge browsers are not supported so use IE or firefox. If you have used up your device slots then you will need to ring customer support to free up your slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Data_Quest wrote: »

There is a very strict criteria to get access to eir Sport. First of all you need to register on my eir and you have to have a non business broadband service on your account before you will be allowed access.

You are only allowed to enable two devices for eir Sport. On a PC if you use different browsers they will count as separate devices. Chrome or MS Edge browsers are not supported so use IE or firefox. If you have used up your device slots then you will need to ring customer support to free up your slots.
    Is it two devices OTHER than your Sky Box?
    So I have it in my living room AND i can also have it on 2 other devices?
    Grand total = 3 options?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

I've only used this PC to access it and it says I have used all my slots and need to wait until next month. What is a monthly swap? Why does the system think I've used 3 separate devices.
    Hi  Hank Scorpio,

Thanks for getting in touch. 
    You can register up to 2 devices on eir Sport (e.g. smartphone and tablet). Simply log in through the app on the device you wish to use and it will register automatically.There is one device swap allowed per calendar month.

-Pamela 

Grand total = 3 options?
    Original post was about PC access. Access via your Sky box is different from what I was talking about but if you were to count Sky access then you can access via 3 devices (Sky + PC + smartphone/tablet)

Grand total = 3 options?
    Original post was about PC access. Access via your Sky box is different from what I was talking about but if you were to count Sky access then you can access via 3 devices (Sky + PC + smartphone/tablet)
    Thanks Data_Quest,

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Grandslammer

Eir Sport is an absolute mess. Why? Well, here are some basic issues...

1. The PC stream is 3 minutes behind the live program. Even the illegal streaming sites are way ahead...why the delay?!

2. Silverlight...this technology is being phased out and even Microsoft's new Edge browser doesn't support it! It is beyond belief that Eir decided to use this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Bloody nightmare honestly, I spent 45 mins on the phone with "support" so I could watch the United match @ half 5 and they couldn't reset my device slots.

1. The PC stream is 3 minutes behind the live program. Even the illegal streaming sites are way ahead...why the delay?!

2. Silverlight...this technology is being phased out and even Microsoft's new Edge browser doesn't support it! It is beyond belief that Eir decided to use this.
    Thanks for your feedback  Grandslammer I'll pass this onto the eir Sport team.

-Pamela 

Bloody nightmare honestly, I spent 45 mins on the phone with "support" so I could watch the United match @ half 5 and they couldn't reset my device slots.
    Is there anything I can assist you with Hank Scorpio?

-Pamela 

Any update on a fix to Eir Sport? There is still a several minute delay in the stream (even the pirate streams are way ahead), and they are still using the deprecated Silverlight plugin which means the only Windows 10 browser which supports it is Firefox. Even Microsoft's new Edge browser doesn't support it.

Personally I have installed the IE tab Chrome extension so I can watch it in Chrome without having to have Firefox open at the same time, but seriously guys Silverlight should not have been considered from the start.

These issue need to be fixed urgently. I understand that this would most probably require a total rewrite of the online service from the ground up, but it is something that needs to be done to avoid the current embarrassment of the service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Stick with the pirate streams - they are often Higher Definition, better quality, on time & actually work.

Nate

I carried out a test over the weekend. Was listening to BBC Radio 5 live on satelite and looking at BT Sport stream via eir and the latter was about 20 seconds behind not 3 minutes as claimed above. Personally I prefer to stick with a legal stream that maintains its quality rather than be at the mercy of a dodgy pirate stream that hangs every few minutes.

I carried out a test over the weekend. Was listening to BBC Radio 5 live on satelite and looking at BT Sport stream via eir and the latter was about 20 seconds behind not 3 minutes as claimed above. Personally I prefer to stick with a legal stream that maintains its quality rather than be at the mercy of a dodgy pirate stream that hangs every few minutes.
    In my experience the Eir Sport stream is around 3 minutes behind the pirate streams consistently. I've tested this on different networks. While some pirate streams can be very bad quality, some can be excellent quality, HD streams if you know where to look. Whilst the quality of the Eir sport stream is good and consistent, it is not a HD stream.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Guys,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for your feedback, I'll pass this onto the eir Sport team.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement