Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Check before I buy.

Options
  • 13-08-2016 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Ok so today I finally bought the case for my build which is the CiT Vanquish case.
    I just want to know what you guys think of this build.

CPU: i5 6400
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 950 Gaming
    Mobo: Asus B150 Pro Gaming
    Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2400
    SSD: Sandisk z400
    HDD: WD Blue
    PSU: 450w Corsair Modular CX Series
    Optical Drive: LG

Hopefully this is my last time posting about this before I buy. The case is purchased so now im in it for the long run after a year of putting this off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Maybe an RX470 instead of GTX950. It's way, way faster and is only around €50 more. It's a brand new card from the latest generation, the 950 is based on older tech and doesn't represent good value for money anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭zxxtonyxxz

The problem is I cant really spend anymore im almost over budget as is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'd much rather have a Skylake i3 and an Rx470 versus an i5 and GTX950 to be honest. Or else jettison the hard drive for now if you can afford to wait to get it later. It would just be a shame as the RX470 is almost twice as fast.

You can also save money by going for the RX460 which is cheaper than the GTX950 and a little bit faster, and in upcoming DX12 it will be a good bit faster.

Your starting to persuade me now ill have a look and see what I can do...

If I was to put in the Rx470 would the build be pretty solid? Or would you change anything else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Maybe an RX470 instead of GTX950. It's way, way faster and is only around €50 more. It's a brand new card from the latest generation, the 950 is based on older tech and doesn't represent good value for money anymore.

100% agree with terror above.

i know its pushing you over your limit but it'll pay off in the long run.
    the 950 is as good as its going to get while the RX470 is fresh and will only get better in time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭IRAC War

IIRC the CX range of PSUs are a bit naff.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

zxxtonyxxz wrote: »
    The problem is I cant really spend anymore im almost over budget as is.
    You could skip dvd drive, and maybe cheaper ssd.
    This would give some extra cash for GPU

twinsen wrote: »
    You could skip dvd drive, and maybe cheaper ssd.
    This would give some extra cash for GPU

I need the DVD drive but I can't really find a cheaper ssd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

zxxtonyxxz wrote:
    I need the DVD drive but I can't really find a cheaper ssd.

How much is the ssd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If I was to put in the Rx470 would the build be pretty solid? Or would you change anything else

Eurogamer RX 460 review

RX 460 would outperform GTX 950 & is cheaper.

RX 470 is GTX 970-tier and would outperform anything cheaper by miles.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    How much is the ssd?

40 quid

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Eurogamer RX 460 review

RX 460 would outperform GTX 950 & is cheaper.

RX 470 is GTX 970-tier and would outperform anything cheaper by miles.

Ya I've decided to go with the RX 460 it is wayyy cheaper and as you say is better so I don't see why not.

I'd much rather have a Skylake i3 and an Rx470 versus an i5 and GTX950 to be honest. Or else jettison the hard drive for now if you can afford to wait to get it later. It would just be a shame as the RX470 is almost twice as fast.

You can also save money by going for the RX460 which is cheaper than the GTX950 and a little bit faster, and in upcoming DX12 it will be a good bit faster.

I've gone for a RX460 and I also went for two 4GB Sticks of Ram not too sure of that's a better choice or not?

I've gone for a RX460 and I also went for two 4GB Sticks of Ram not too sure of that's a better choice or not?

After a year of asking and finalizing its finally ready to be built parts will be ordered next Friday and ofc I'll let you guys know how it goes. Case arrived today and I prepped her up Thank you so much for all the help you guys provided!

Advertisement