Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bookshop beside Tholsol.

Options
  • 13-08-2016 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭

I think it's called bookmaster. Went in today, I don't think Khans books has anything to worry about.

It's a real shame a better tenant couldn't be found for that space.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

catbear wrote: »
    I think it's called bookmaster. Went in today, I don't think Khans books has anything to worry about.

Disappointing, very limited range of stock just chucked on the shelves. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Think they're on Tullow st Carlow too? Bookstation I think it's called? Reasonable value for stationary etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

road_high wrote: »
    Think they're on Tullow st Carlow too? Bookstation I think it's called? Reasonable value for stationary etc.
    Saw one in douglas shopping center in cork yesterday...The shops are the exact same as easons...right down to a limited supply of books, with more floorspace going to books etc for kids...

pegasus1 wrote: »
    Saw one in douglas shopping center in cork yesterday...The shops are the exact same as easons...right down to a limited supply of books, with more floorspace going to books etc for kids...

I don't think it's a bad shop...it is what it is, I guess if you want "serious" bookstores you have Khans, Dubray, Bookcentre and Stonehouse here already so this geared at the value end of the market which is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

catbear wrote: »

Not really impressed with the place when I went in.

To be honest I was hoping that the long rumoured Toys R' Us would go in there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Not really impressed with the place when I went in.

To be honest I was hoping that the long rumoured Toys R' Us would go in there.

Toys r us Irish franchise went bust earlier this year.

Walter2016 wrote: »
    Toys r us Irish franchise went bust earlier this year.

And apparently it was rubbish too, much dearer than Ken Blacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Thanks guys. I had a feeling the deal fell through once it went quiet.

Advertisement