Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice about clondalkin vs Hartstown please

Options
  • 13-08-2016 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there,

I'm looking into moving to either clondalkin or Hartstown areas of Dublin?

Specifically have seen places in Moorfield and woodfield and wood avens...

Just wondering would anyone know where to avoid if possible or are most places OK?

Any thoughts gratefully read!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Well, both Moorfield and Woodavens have been the location of fatal shootings in the last decade. I would also advise you google these estates along with "arrest", "charged" and "drugs". I don't know if these things would bother you or not. Personally, as a local, I would advise avoiding if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

If you meant Woodford I would be familiar with the part of it close to Monastery Road and it is generally OK. A mixture of residents who've been there since it was built in the 80s and rented properties. Been a few issues over the years but generally quiet and not too much in the way of vandalism or anti-social behaviour. If you have any questions about that part of Clondalkin ask or PM and I will answer if I can

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

What part of Hartstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sunflowers459

If you meant Woodford I would be familiar with the part of it close to Monastery Road and it is generally OK. A mixture of residents who've been there since it was built in the 80s and rented properties. Been a few issues over the years but generally quiet and not too much in the way of vandalism or anti-social behaviour. If you have any questions about that part of Clondalkin ask or PM and I will answer if I can

We've been looking in Moorfield but that's really near neilstown. There's some lovely houses, I'm just not sure of the location...

Advertisement