Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal V Liverpool 4PM 1st Super Sunday of 2016/17

191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Wenger needs time.

To pack his bags before he leaves? Rafa might go there if Newcastle's poor form continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

That'll do nicely, Arsenal lose and it should get the our brigade nice and ramped up too.

When ppl in here say that, it doesn't mean what you think it means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

There's always a good chance of loads of goals with these 2. Not good for the heart though. Was gloating when 4 one up. But the wife said it's not over yet you never know what will happen. Yeah yeah what do you know I said. I'm suffering now lads. I swear I'll listen to what she says in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

If you start a match with whoever Rob Holding is, what do Arsenal expect.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I don't agree martyos
    Lovren is a piss poor defender and needs to be replaced
    I don't know enough about matip to comment tbf

Lovren's been fantastic since Klopp took over. Different player from the Rodgers era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Arsenal fans a disgrace imo

emo72 wrote: »
    I swear I'll listen to what she says in future.

yeah right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

mada999 wrote: »
    Why so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,380 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Quazzie wrote: »
    Why so?

I'd say because of the booing at the end of the game.

Why so?

plenty of boo's ? why ? didnt have a full squad..

Is it because he didn't buy in the summer ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'd argue they have every right to boo. A lot of them had reservations even befroe the game started and some were questioning Xhaka not being in the first 11.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

We didn't have a full squad, and have gaping holes in the squad because Wenger won't buy. I think (and hope) that the boos were against Wenger, and not the XI that played the game. Fans are sick of paying the highest ticket prices in Europe and getting short changed by Wenger and the Board.

I'd argue they have every right to boo. A lot of them had reservations even befroe the game started and some were questioning Xhaka not being in the first 11.

It's the first game in a season tbh, with a depleated team...

We didn't have a full squad, and have gaping holes in the squad because Wenger won't buy. I think (and hope) that the boos were against Wenger, and not the XI that played the game. Fans are sick of paying the highest ticket prices in Europe and getting short changed by Wenger and the Board.

do you want Wenger out ? if so, who do you want in ?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I fully understand where they are coming from, but at the same time it could really be a case of be careful what you wish for. More competition than ever at the top of the table though so I really have no idea where either of these team will finish up this season.

I think they're entitled to boo in fairness. Wouldn't be a fan of it myself, but Wenger is holding on way too long at this stage. He's holding the club back. They've made great strides under him and they're ready to pounce but he's holding them back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's the first game in a season tbh, with a depleated team...

it's why that team is deleted that they're arguing. No Ozil and no Xhaka in the startting eleven, despite both being allegedly fit.

I've read soem of the Arseanl players criticisms of Wenger and to be honest most of them seem founded at this stage.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

do you want Wenger out ? if so, who do you want in ?
    I do want Wenger out, because he is currently in a situation at the club where he answers to no one. Since Dein left the club's transfer activity has been very poor and amateurish.

If you tell me Wenger is sacked in the morning, and I've to replace him, I'd say Mancini is a competent replacement who is available. Long term I was always an admirer of Klopp but that ship has sailed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That scoreline flattered them.
    Bar a little bit of indivdual quality from Oxlade-Chamberlain, there was almost nothing to Arsenal's play in the final third.

Getting dicked at home in the first game of the season after all the ****e that's gone on around this game with signings and players not ready for the season, furthering the idea that Wenger's Arsenal are fundamentally broken as a football team given how this keeps on happening, ought ot elicit a bit of vitriol.

They looked hugely vulnerable in the first half with even a poor Liverpool able to make chances at will, it was clear what could happen.

Arsenal were utterly atrocious. They played a few nice passes around, mostly in places where it didn't matter but they had no balls and barely seemed to give a ****e.

You shouldn't be getting thrashed like that, you shouldn't be doing it at home, you shouldn't be doing it in the first game of the season, you shouldn't bloody well be doing it again after it happened last season.

I don't support Arsenal, but I do actually quite like them, and despite them being rivals even I'm starting to get pissed off at this rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Had he started he'd have been sent off. Crazy amount of fouls after he came on where he was nowhere near the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I do want Wenger out, because he is currently in a situation at the club where he answers to no one. Since Dein left the club's transfer activity has been very poor and amateurish.

If you tell me Wenger is sacked in the morning, and I've to replace him, I'd say Mancini is a competent replacement who is available. Long term I was always an admirer of Klopp but that ship has sailed.

Woah, I'm not one bit happy with Wenger myself at this point, but Mancini is a clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I don't understand myself why Wenger has been allowed stay on as long as he has given the results. I'm not saying I'd want to see a revolving door at Arsenal if results aren't immediate, but they just seem stagnant under him - and it's not really surprising. They need new ideas and blood to change and improve at this stage.

Woah, I'm not one bit happy with Wenger myself at this point, but Mancini is a clown.
    Agreed, and he certainly would be a long way down on my list for a long term replacement, but of anyone that's currently available* he's the most competent. I don't expect our next manager to be a long term replacement.

*Don't forget I did say if Wenger got sacked in the morning ;)

all i say is careful what you wish for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wenger looked like a broken man in that interview.

I really hope they don't sack Wenger the longer he stays the better for every other club.

• Advertisement

I completely disagree with your Mancini shout. In no way whatsoever should he take over at Arsenal.

Arsenal should have appointed Jurgen Klopp when they had the chance. They didn't.

Arsenal should have appointed Pepe Guardiola when they had the chance. They didn't,

He looked completely defeated in that Sky interview. That's what he's putting across on the training field every day. That's the atmosphere he's unwillingly promoting.

Arsene Wenger doesn't know when to step down so the club have to allow him a dignified exit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Agreed, and he certainly would be a long way down on my list for a long term replacement, but of anyone that's currently available* he's the most competent. I don't expect our next manager to be a long term replacement.

*Don't forget I did say if Wenger got sacked in the morning ;)

I'd go with Marcelino, who last managed Villarreal, ahead of Mancini. Or Pellegrini.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I really hope they don't sack Wenger the longer he stays the better for every other club.

There is still at least a 75% chance they finish above Liverpool I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Same old Liverpool same defence issues, should not be 4-1 away from home and then holding out at the end, but i will take it and still 2 weeks to get someone in for left back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Hope Klopp can be around as long as Wenger has been. It's one game Wenger will be fine as will Arsenal .
    They will make a big signing before window closes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Had we kept it 1-4 we'd be top?
    I think so .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

5starpool wrote: »
    There is still at least a 75% chance they finish above Liverpool I reckon.

They will probably get top 4 again no doubt.

But the longer he stays at the club the better for when he does leave it will be chaos for years after and they may fall off the grid for years to come then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

They will probably get top 4 again no doubt.

But the longer he stays at the club the better for when he does leave it will be chaos for years after and they may fall off the grid for years to come then.

Go without a league title for over 25 years???

mansize wrote: »

Awww damn i thought Liverpool fans were the only ones who dragged up history ;)

Won nothing in Europe???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

monkey9 wrote: »
    Won nothing in Europe???

Hey our Cup Winners Cup was only 22 years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dunno if anyone else has mentioned this but every goal scorer apart from Coutinho is ex Southampton! - Mane, Lallana, Ox-Cham, Walcott and Chambers.

Dunno if anyone else has mentioned this but every goal scorer apart from Coutinho is ex Southampton! - Mane, Lallana, Ox-Cham, Walcott and Chambers.

Money well spent:pac:

Awww damn i thought Liverpool fans were the only ones who dragged up history ;)

I was projecting into the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Raging missed this. Where can you get decent quality highlights not on sky?

• Advertisement

I was projecting into the future

Can you tell me the number for the lotto then if you know the future

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Raging missed this. Where can you get decent quality highlights not on sky?

MOTD at 10:30

Can you tell me the number for the lotto then if you know the future

Projecting isn't foreseeing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I don't understand myself why Wenger has been allowed stay on as long as he has given the results.

Don't know why but I think Rafa would be a good fit for Arsenal. I expected AW to move on in the summer and Newcastle's relegation to pave the way for Rafa to move to the Emirates. Arsenal are soft and ridiculously predictable under Wenger. We all know how the season will go for them; i.e. battle for CL spot, knocked out of CL after getting through the group stages. No chance in hell that they'll win the league this season.

Some volume of excellent players and managers after passing through that club over the past few years. The scouting set up and academy down there is outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

After watching Liverpool today, I quickly had to have a look to see when they play Man City, because that'll be a fantastic clash of styles.

Not until December 31st :(

Advertisement