Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleadh Thread

• 13-08-2016 9:04pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Big kick off tomorrow, should be great craic around the town, I just hope nothing goes wrong.

Anyway, with loads of visitors coming to our fine town fire your questions in here. With loads of confusion around for locals, feel free to fire your questions in here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,434 ✭✭✭squonk

Any buses between Limerick and Ennis? I know Dublin Coach do a service but it's awkward timewise if you want to do an evening visit. I don't fancy getting back to Limerick at 2AM! I thought there might be special shuttle bus services on or or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

squonk wrote: »
    Any buses between Limerick and Ennis? I know Dublin Coach do a service but it's awkward timewise if you want to do an evening visit. I don't fancy getting back to Limerick at 2AM! I thought there might be special shuttle bus services on or or something?

http://www.fleadhcheoil.ie/about/getting-around-getting-here

Go to the bus eireann bit, additional late services etc for weekend... if its music you want, go to Clare... anyone for the last few Choc ices!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

marzic wrote: »
    http://www.fleadhcheoil.ie/about/getting-around-getting-here

Go to the bus eireann bit, additional late services etc for weekend... if its music you want, go to Clare... anyone for the last few Choc ices!!!

There's a train leaving Ennis for Limerick at 10pm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭georgem25

squonk wrote: »

The 343 bus goes between Ennis and Limerick.

http://www.buseireann.ie/news_timetable.php?id=2107&month=Aug

Route 343 Limerick/Shannon Town/Shannon Airport/Ennis
    •19 & 20 August: Additional service at 23.00 service from Ennis Bus/Train Station – Shannon Airport – Shannon Town – Limerick
    •Sunday, 21 August hourly services departing Limerick to Ennis via Shannon Town/Airport at 8.35 until 21.35 and departing Ennis to Shannon & Limerick from 08.40 until 23.40

From 18.00 Friday, 12 August until 08.00 Tuesday, 23 August 2016, Route 343 will operate to/from the Station via Dunnes Stores and will not serve the Hospital or Lifford Road areas and will operate as below:

West County – Gaol Road – Station Road – Clon Road - Dunnes Stores – Friars Walk – Station Road – Bus/ Train Station

Bus/Train Station – Clon Road – Dunnes Stores – Friars Walk – Gaol Road – West County

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wow ho! whats the craic, human metronome available for all good sessions and parties in Ennis, shall require copious amounts of Guinness, green :D would be a nice bonus and some occasional bacon and cabbage for a bite. :p

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,434 ✭✭✭squonk

The county looked great on Fleadh TV last night. I don't think I'll make it to Ennis this time but I'll go next year. Fleadh TV is a great advertisement for the county!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

anyone watchin it on d telly, im lovin it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

washed out fleadh. was great the sunday to tuesday afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well enjoyed the Fleadh but not the weather, the weather completely ruined the weekend, scattering outdoor sessions into the already crammed pubs. The only pub I could get a seat in was the Michael Kerins Bar and in the smoking section too, some of the best sessions was in there. I had a lovely tune with the piper Kevin Rowsome and all the hippies were playing through here so liberal amounts of weed puffed too. I couldn't stand Cruise's, normally a great pub for a tune but horribly packed and noisy so you could hardly hear a note from the two sessions within an ear shot. My favourite memory was looking into a shoe shop and there were 8 musicians giving it laldey with a few tunes in amongst the racks of shoes and the really brightly lit shop, brilliant. Lets hope Ennis gets better weather next year for the fleadh, typically the Monday after the sun is splitting the stones but thankfully loads have stayed behind and are out playing in the streets.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Clareman wrote: »
    Big kick off tomorrow, should be great craic around the town, I just hope nothing goes wrong.

Anyway, with loads of visitors coming to our fine town fire your questions in here. With loads of confusion around for locals, feel free to fire your questions in here.

Sure what could go wrong, except the weather?

I thought I would come on here and say what a great weekend I had in Ennis, despite the weather! My last Fleadh was in Letterkenny in 2006 and its great to see the organisation and infrastructure has greatly improved in the years inbetween. (not that I can remember too much wrong back then either....but I have been to many festivals since, and probably have higher expectations now)

Fleah TV was excellent too, and will surely boost the visitor numbers for next year, I know for certain I will be back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Was there 3 days and enjoyed every minute of them. Thought it was very well organised. Great buzz around.. Fleadh TV was excellent for the stuff I didn't get to.

Its ireland , nothing you can do with the weather... But didn't think it impacted that much. Roll on next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Haven't been on here in a while but I just wanted to say how extremely proud I am to be an Ennis woman after the Fleadh. The town looked great and the atmosphere was amazing. Roll on 2017.

Advertisement