Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nearly paid 19 grand for a citroen

• 13-08-2016 9:59pm
    Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭

****ing hell

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Should have bought a Ford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Awesome story bro, can't wait for the sequel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Was it an sm? That'd be worth it

Or the bx 4tc

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

exactly, or a mitsubishi canter pick-up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭sjb25

XR3i wrote: »
    ****ing hell

• Advertisement

i would have been a big fan of the hi-ace up till the 90's,

i found with that new design hi-ace, say 1998 on, you'd want an esso lorry coming behind you to kep diesel in them , but i had a '79 hi-ace pick-up(petrol) it went like lightning

Was it an sm? That'd be worth it

Or the bx 4tc

it was a medium sized van, ifrc it was called a relay, or maybe dispatch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Buy a Toyota ProAce. Way better :)

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Buy a Toyota ProAce. Way better :)

i'm thinking a mitsubishi canter pick up, (05 or so)

actually to be honest i#m looking for a classic truck, so maybe an original transit

i292862.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Giacomo McGubbin

Could be worse, you could have nearly paid 26 for a VW

• Advertisement

Could be worse, you could have nearly paid 26 for a VW
    not i a million years, i be should textt he salesman and cancel the test-drive

imagine 19k for a french van

How did you nearly buy it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I saw a new Renault recovery truck recently, and I have to say I laughed out loud. Imagine the shame of your car breaking down, and a Renault coming to the rescue!

How did you nearly buy it?

it was friday evening, i was destroyed after the week but i need a van asap, so after negotiation we were within a handshake of sealing the deal

pablo128 wrote: »
    I saw a new Renault recovery truck recently, and I have to say I laughed out loud. Imagine the shame of your car breaking down, and a Renault coming to the rescue!

Yeah, you'd think the recovery company knew their stuff, surely they know that Renault trucks are rubbish despite being heavily based on Volvos, that they're actually the same thing as a mk2 Megane that's been run on a shoestring, the owners/drivers of newer Renault trucks haven't a clue either when they say the quality of Renault trucks has gone through the roof in the last 5 years.
    Those idiots.

Going by what I see towed behind them every day, more chance of a VAG being towed by it than anything else i'd say

it was friday evening, i was destroyed after the week but i need a van asap, so after negotiation we were within a handshake of sealing the deal

Jaysus! The new ford vans seem nice enough, friend is driving a custom from work and it's a nice van, we have some transit couriers at work and they're a great little yoke for tipping around.

Think they're €14k inc vat for a decently specced one. Small enough in the back, but it depends what you need it for.

Yeah, you'd think the recovery company knew their stuff, surely they know that Renault trucks are rubbish despite being heavily based on Volvos, that they're actually the same thing as a mk2 Megane that's been run on a shoestring, the owners/drivers of newer Renault trucks haven't a clue either when they say the quality of Renault trucks has gone through the roof in the last 5 years.
    Those idiots.

Ah I should have clarified, it was a Master or similar. We have a few of the van versions in work, the NV400 Nissan version. They haven't been entirely reliable either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Very few new mid sized vans without French engines ,irrespective of the badge on the front of them , I have one here with 225 k miles on it , engine clutch and gearbox still original , put 210 more on it since 4pm today having been up Croke Patrick at lunch time, and I'm still able to msg on boards

what's a French engine ? I haven't seen one in years.

• Advertisement

what's a French engine ?

Peugeot/Citroen and Renault diesel engines. They are in everything from Mini's to Mercs!

Peugeot/Citroen and Renault diesel engines. They are in everything from Mini's to Mercs!

Where are they made and by who ?

Where are they made and by who ?

Renault make the Renault engine, and peugeot/Citroen and Ford make the PSA engine.

Renault make the Renault engine, and peugeot/Citroen and Ford make the PSA engine.

Do they ? Where are they made ?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭winnie the schtink

not i a million years, i be should textt he salesman and cancel the test-drive

imagine 19k for a french van

jesus u were lucky,they eat snails dont they:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭jimmy blevins

Mullingar

France for the most part.

What are you getting at?

Advertisement