Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

North Dublin Dog Park

• 13-08-2016 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

We currently bring our guy to the dog park in St Catherine's for his run around. We'll soon be moving to Malahide and wondering if there is any similar dog park over that side of the city. I know St Anne's isn't too far, just wondering if there is anything closer?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

There's Malahide Castle grounds. It takes about 45 minutes to walk around with just one road to contend with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Do you mean like a dog pen or a dog friendly park?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

tk123 wrote: »
    Do you mean like a dog pen or a dog friendly park?

Yeah, dog pen type. The setup in St. Catherine's has a large fenced off area off the park where the dogs can run off lead. Mo's recall isn't as good as I'd like so it's great to have somewhere I can let him off without stressing myself out the whole time. Also, all the other dogs are off-lead and they're all up for a run and a sniff.

hardCopy wrote: »
    Yeah, dog pen type. The setup in St. Catherine's has a large fenced off area off the park where the dogs can run off lead. Mo's recall isn't as good as I'd like so it's great to have somewhere I can let him off without stressing myself out the whole time. Also, all the other dogs are off-lead and they're all up for a run and a sniff.

Isn't there one in Millenium Park in Blanch? My two have good recall so we roam the park rather than stay in the pen :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

tk123 wrote: »
    Isn't there one in Millenium Park in Blanch? My two have good recall so we roam the park rather than stay in the pen :p

Yeah, that's also very close to where we are now, I just don't think we'd be bothered to drive 30 minutes to get to it. I was hoping there might be something in the Swords/Malahide/Portmarnock direction. St. Anne's is relatively close though and there are plenty of beaches around.

Maybe we just need more recall practice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭fiacha

Please be careful in the Blanch / Mulhuddart area. Within the last few days an elderly dog was attacked and killed by a pitbull in the Tolka Vally Park. One of the young boys was also injured. They were walking with the dog on a short leash when the pitbull ran up. It had a harness but there was no sign of the owner.

Dog Wardens confirmed the breed based on photographs taken during the attack and are still searching for it.

I know the chances of it happening again are slim, but just wanted to comment when I saw people discussing places to walk in the area.

Another place to avoid if you're female and walking on your own is the Archbishop's palace in Drumcondra as it's quite isolated. I won't go into details but the guards issued a warning recently(!)

Advertisement