Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donabate beach

Options
  • 14-08-2016 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

So we've heard donabate beach is one of the nicest in Dublin! We were hoping to bring the kids out there this morning for a play in the sand. But a quick bit of googling told us high tide is around 9.30am which kind of scuppers our plans. Does the tide come right up high at this time or is there still plenty of room to take the kids in the sand? Any idea how long high tide lasts or what's the best time to go?

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

If the beach is the one I'm thinking of, it's very wide so I'd imagine there'll still be room on the sand, I bring the dog there every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

So we've heard donabate beach is one of the nicest in Dublin! We were hoping to bring the kids out there this morning for a play in the sand. But a quick bit of googling told us high tide is around 9.30am which kind of scuppers our plans. Does the tide come right up high at this time or is there still plenty of room to take the kids in the sand? Any idea how long high tide lasts or what's the best time to go?

Thanks a million!

It's a gorgeous beach and even when the tide is fully in there's room in the sand. No idea re: best times sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Awesome! Thanks! Decided to drive there now so. Thanks for the replies! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Gorgeous beach with loads of sand! Kids had a fab time :). Thanks!

Advertisement