Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to plant after potatoes?

Options
  • 14-08-2016 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I've a small (1.5m x 1.5m) vegetable section in the garden with Desiree main crop potatoes down at the moment. I will probably take them up by the end of September. Does anyone have any advice on what to grow next from October onwards as it is a new plot and I never grew anything there before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

You might be able to get garlic started although I think September is the more usual planting time. Some broad beans and peas can be planted in Autumn for an early crop next year. If you get leaf crops established in containers before planting out you might also get a crop of something like lettuce. The variety Little Gem produces heads fairly quickly but you will need them to get started while there is still a bit of warmth about. You might also just plant something for a green manure crop to be dug in before the next crop you are growing next year.

Advertisement