Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC Piracy survey

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

VinLieger wrote: »
    True but doesnt really have anything to do with a discussion on piracy

Well, if there are enough free games it might reduce piracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

764dak wrote: »

No chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

But pirated games are free? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

But pirated games are free? :confused:
    I mean free games on Steam, Windows Store, browser, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,397 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

764dak wrote: »

Do you mean entirely free with no micro transactions and pay to win? Or "Freemium" with all the previous extra costs but no intial purchase fee?

Cus The former cannot possibly compete with a game that costs a full purchase price upfront or one that is based on a freemium model. Also I would argue if freemium games were any good then people wouldn't be pirating and the traditional games market would be dying and neither of those are true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I used to pirate PC games, but then steam arrived and like Spotify for music, I just stopped and was happy paying.

My Dad still pirates games like mad, granted he doesn't play multiplayer games, he's always telling me some cracked game he got thats brilliant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,397 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

TheDoc wrote: »
    I used to pirate PC games, but then steam arrived and like Spotify for music, I just stopped and was happy paying.

My Dad still pirates games like mad, granted he doesn't play multiplayer games, he's always telling me some cracked game he got thats brilliant :D

Exactly this, sometimes i used to pirate a game to test it and see if I think its worth buying and if it wasn't then I also wasn't gonna keep playing a bad game just cus it was free, but now with steams refund policy there is even less of a need to do this.

Advertisement