Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crossline

Options
  • 14-08-2016 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

We went back to eir, for a mobile, landline and broadband bundle. Prior to this we had a FTTC and our phone was using voip, with a rival company.

On Wednesday afternoon the engineer arrived, replaced the old VDSL modem with the eir F2000 modem, and put a device on our phone line, when to the cabinet, and came back, saying out phone line was now active. The engineer gave us the temporary phone number assigned to us, while our original number is being ported back to us. I dialed my mobile, and the mobile showed a different phone number to the temporary number. I told the engineer that my mobile gave a different number. My wife then also attempted to dial her modem, and it showed she got a call from a local business. The engineer left, and we started to get phone calls, for the local business.

On Thursday morning, after a long chat, eir confirmed it was a crossline issue, and gave us a problem number. We went up to the local business, and explained the phoneline issue to them, and gave them a transcript of the chat. The local business already had an eir engineer on site. We left the local business, did some shopping, and returned home. Once we home, the phone line was now dead. I expected that the engineer would fix both problems, with the crossed line, not just the issue with the business phone line.

On Friday morning, after a very long phone call with eir, we were told no fault had being logged on our line, and they would log a fault, just after midday I recieved a SMS confirming a fault had been logged. I still expected eir to resolve our phone line issue, quickly, especially since the issue was entirely of eir's doing.

On late Friday afternoon we looked for an update, and was told there is no fault logged on our line, and they would have to log a fault, and it could take 2 or 3 business days to resolve.

We have spend around 8 hours trying to get our phoneline sorted out, and are being meet with total incompetence.

I find this very unprofessional and unacceptable behaviour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pointywalnut

We went back to eir, for a mobile, landline and broadband bundle. Prior to this we had a FTTC and our phone was using voip, with a rival company.

On Wednesday afternoon the engineer arrived, replaced the old VDSL modem with the eir F2000 modem, and put a device on our phone line, when to the cabinet, and came back, saying out phone line was now active. The engineer gave us the temporary phone number assigned to us, while our original number is being ported back to us. I dialed my mobile, and the mobile showed a different phone number to the temporary number. I told the engineer that my mobile gave a different number. My wife then also attempted to dial her modem, and it showed she got a call from a local business. The engineer left, and we started to get phone calls, for the local business.

On Thursday morning, after a long chat, eir confirmed it was a crossline issue, and gave us a problem number. We went up to the local business, and explained the phoneline issue to them, and gave them a transcript of the chat. The local business already had an eir engineer on site. We left the local business, did some shopping, and returned home. Once we home, the phone line was now dead. I expected that the engineer would fix both problems, with the crossed line, not just the issue with the business phone line.

On Friday morning, after a very long phone call with eir, we were told no fault had being logged on our line, and they would log a fault, just after midday I recieved a SMS confirming a fault had been logged. I still expected eir to resolve our phone line issue, quickly, especially since the issue was entirely of eir's doing.

On late Friday afternoon we looked for an update, and was told there is no fault logged on our line, and they would have to log a fault, and it could take 2 or 3 business days to resolve.

We have spend around 8 hours trying to get our phoneline sorted out, and are being meet with total incompetence.

An engineer arrived, and fixed the issue, we were not connected to a line in the cabinet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

An engineer arrived, and fixed the issue, we were not connected to a line in the cabinet.
    Hi  pointywalnut,

Apologies for the delayed response.
    I'm sorry to hear this and sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.
    I'm glad this issue is now resolved, thanks for keeping us updated. 

- Pamela 

Advertisement