Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paint peeling on roof of yaris

• 14-08-2016 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I bought my 2003 yaris about 5 years ago. Paint was perfect for first year but spots started appearing on roof. Like severe sun damage. I know previous owner and car was well cared for. I wd get car cleaned couple times a year in car wash. I know it's not a young car, but we have alays had older cars and never seen this before, .

I had to return this yaris to have airbags sorted last year as part of their recall, and this week red airbag light us on.
    Am not impressed by Toyota quality at al.
    Anyone else with this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Your expectations are a little high.

"A car wash a couple of times a year" is not really good enough maintenance for paintwork. The roof is the most exposed panel taking the full impact of 25 degree heat beating down on it in the summer, rain, hail and ice forming on it in the winter, birds dumping their load on it etc etc. Being horizontal it is most prone to these things and after over a decade of exposure and no maintenance you can expect a little wear and tear.

Has it ever been waxed, to your knowledge?

The airbag light being on the dash also is not related to the recall.

Imo you should be thrilled with Toyota taking back your 13 year old car and putting a spanner near it under warranty. It's very courteous and a lot of other manufacturers would leave you high and dry, sweeping the issue under the rug (and actually gain a better brand image for doing so). They have no real allegiance to yourself, remember that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Cleaning will help damage the paint if it's not protected by waxing. How often do you wax your car?

Advertisement