Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lengthening naps tips

Options
  • 14-08-2016 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi my lo is 4 months for his naps he sleeps 45 minutes to an hour unless his in car or buggy any tips on getting longer naps as think one should be 2 hours long thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

My boy is nearly 5 months and he would wake after 45 minutes during his afternoon nap, it's the length of their sleep cycle. So I always make sure I'm nearby and when I hear him rustling or beginning to whimper I rub his belly or put his soother back in until he settles, he will then usually sleep for another hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Both mine always took naps of about 45 mins.

But, they took 3 naps a day at that age, dropping to two at 12 months, and one at about 18 months...

I know some babies take longer snoozes, but every baby seems to do their own thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

40 minutes almost to the dot here, and if I managed to get him back to sleep, it was another 40 minutes exactly. On the rare occasion he slept through, it was 80 mins on the button! It was that way up until he stopped napping completely.

The only way I got longer out of him was to go to bed with him. He'd still wake to nurse a few times but I could get two hours that way. If you don't have any other children, try to grab a few naps yourself with the baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

No.1 did 40 mins only no more until the day she turned six mths, when she suddenly started to stretch to an hour or two.
    I am currently lying beside no.2 who is five months and does 40mins but who can be stretched if i get in on time.
    Totally normal but a complete nuisance.

Advertisement