Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re AT&T international call blocking

Options
  • 14-08-2016 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, not your regular comms question:
    I have a friend in Portland, Oregon who has the landline from AT&T

All my landline calls to her are blocked by some voice activated gatekeeper.

She is 88 and nearly blind so am wondering what the family need to do to unblock my number.

I have asked the question in a number of AT&T community forums but no joy, yet.

All the stuff here is for local calls
    https://www.att.com/esupport/main.html#!/local-long-distance/topic_landlinehomephonesup-topic_callingfeatures1

I don't want to engage with the AT&T chat system as they require the number I am calling so not going there.

Thanks as always

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,784 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have you called ID blocked, perhaps she has filtering on her end setup to reject any calls with no caller ID showing?
    Have you tried dialing from a mobile phone to see if that call gets through or if it's the same result?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Have you called ID blocked, perhaps she has filtering on her end setup to reject any calls with no caller ID showing?
    Have you tried dialing from a mobile phone to see if that call gets through or if it's the same result?
    Thanks, have not tried the cell phone from here.
    They don't know how it is set up, her brother, also with AT&T, down the road allows my calls in so I have been calling him.
    The 142 prefix from here does not "reveal" my number at the other end either.

What happens is that the voice asks me for a code, which I don't have, it then asks me to identify myself, for it to "announce" me as a caller: when that fails I get asked to leave a voicemail, I don't know is it with AT&T or on my friends home phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Thanks, have not tried the cell phone from here.
    They don't know how it is set up, her brother, also with AT&T, down the road allows my calls in so I have been calling him.
    The 142 prefix from here does not "reveal" my number at the other end either.

What happens is that the voice asks me for a code, which I don't have, it then asks me to identify myself, for it to "announce" me as a caller: when that fails I get asked to leave a voicemail, I don't know is it with AT&T or on my friends home phone.

Are you sure you are calling the right number?

It sounds like you are calling an audio conference service.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    Are you sure you are calling the right number?

It sounds like you are calling an audio conference service.

Number is correct.
    Will call it later and record the session

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

This is a service that some providers offer to allow people to screen phone calls. There should be a way to whitelist calling party numbers (OP in this case). They could call AT&T support and ask how to do it.

Get them to try the steps to remove a number here: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/local-long-distance/KM1010645

I know it mentions that it's for local numbers but perhaps it also works for your number.

• Advertisement
Advertisement