Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

05 Ford Fiesta radio not working

• 14-08-2016 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi guys, I bought an '05 Ford Fiesta over the weekend. Before buying the car, I didn't check if the radio was working. When I was bringing it home, I tried to turn it on but on the screen it said "WAIT 30:00" and continued to count down to 0.

I'm a total novice with most things car-related but wanted to have a look into it when I got home. I figured it was a problem with the code. I looked up how to remove the radio to get the serial (radio is a 4500 RDS EON - much more awkward to remove than expected as it requires several panels to be removed first). While I was removing it, the "WAIT 30:00" display counted down all the way and I was given the chance to enter a code. At this point, without really thinking, I think I entered a code I found online (very silly mistake as it was not related to my serial) and then it went back to the "WAIT 30:00" screen.

Eventually, I accessed the serial and my brother generated the actual code for the radio. So, when the display went down to 0 again, I entered the proper code (as far as we know). The radio sounded and flashed on a channel for a fraction of a second but then switched off. Now, when I turn it on, it is always on the code screen but will just flash onto FM 94.9 for a split second when I enter the code (no sound) and then switch off. Did I permanently lock the radio by entering a wrong code once? I have read online about "Lock" codes displaying but my radio does not show any lock codes.

Since then, I tried disconnecting the battery overnight hoping to reset the radio but that didn't work.

I think my only other options are to source the same type of radio from a scrapyard or online, replace the radio in the car and put in the new code or else take it to a Ford Dealer and see what they can do?

Any advice is appreciated :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

You would probably be better off buying a more modern stereo that you can connect your phone to and play music rather than spending money on the same one you already have.
    If you search in adverts you will find lots with Bluetooth etc for small money then buy a wiring harness and facial adapter in halfords or somewhere like that.
    Sounds like theirs no coming back for the original radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭hellyeah

As above go to halfords and get a new radio. All them radios in the fiesta and focus give trouble overtime. Seen it many times. Even if you find one in a breakers, they will want 50/60 euro for it. Not worth,it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Most likely there is a fault in your radio but one that is repairable. Does your radio look like it is divided into 3 sections in your dashboard ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 richiculous

Hi all, thanks for the advice. I think that makes sense, I picked up the radio and parts in Halfords today. I was going to put it in myself but since installing a new radio on this Fiesta model requires making cuts in a plastic panel, I decided to use Halfords to do it for me for €35, not bad really.

@iamthemanwork, yeah that's the one, it has 2 plastic strips (which have to be cut off to put in the new fascia and radio) going across the front which makes it look like 3 separate sections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Enjoy your new system:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 richiculous

Thanks. It's definitely a much better system, I'll lose the driver radio controls though.

Advertisement