Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

McGregor via Submission
    So this is the flurry at the end of round 3. Where Rogan loses his sh1t and Diaz fans think justifies a 10-8.

Round 3 up until 1 minute left was remarkably even round.

This is the flurry.

Count how many clean, hard, hurtful shots land?

Very, very few.

Conor ducked and weaved all the haymakers. He was caught more by open handed slaps and body shots.

It was enough of a flurry to take the Round. Again, it's Rogans call that influenced the masses that Conor was taking a hiding here or in danger of being stopped. He really, really wasn't.

https://twitter.com/Vidtester2222/status/767786815545827328

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Depp wrote: »

love firas' breakdowns, great watch if youve a few minutes spare!

:) I just re-read this entire thread (to relive the excitement of the card, and to savour Conor's fight now that I am not shaking like a leaf/post-3rd round freakout mode), but also with the added purpose of checking if anyone posted this yet.

It's brilliant, and for anyone wondering (as I was) why Conor looked so screwed in the 3rd, it answers so much. Don't miss out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Diaz via Submission
    It's up now on fight pass for whoever still has it!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor via Submission
    USADA investigating Nate's vaping at the presser. What was he thinking.
    The whole rebel against the system attitude of the Diaz brothers is endearing and all. But when you've a $2m fight purse on the way. Just wait 30mins before puffying away on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Very efficient and tactical performance from Conor. Did exactly what he had to. His attacks were economical and efficient. Wasted very little and conserved his energy. Very little venom or zip in Diaz. Very weak defence. I thought Conor was a clear enough winner despite the scores.

McGregor via Submission
    Just seen RDA's mid fight tweet. Some boyo.

https://twitter.com/RdosAnjosMMA/status/767213054744338434

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just seen RDA's mid fight tweet. Some boyo.

https://twitter.com/RdosAnjosMMA/status/767213054744338434

Silly thing to tweet coming off a first round chicken dance defeat...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Myrddin wrote: »
    Silly thing to tweet coming off a first round chicken dance defeat...

Maybe but this thread was full of similar posts, for a while at the end of the 2nd & times in the 3rd that he was running on empty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

RoryMac wrote: »
    Maybe but this thread was full of similar posts, for a while at the end of the 2nd & times in the 3rd that he was running on empty
    Someone else tweeted about how gassed Conor was but held his hands up after the fight, RDA is just been an asshat and trying to get the fight with Conor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Diaz via Submission
    mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Someone else tweeted about how gassed Conor was but held his hands up after the fight, RDA is just been an asshat and trying to get the fight with Conor.

He has no belt and is a free TV fighter. He has no chance of a fight right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I think we all thought he was gassed, and indeed he certainly looked it. I'd rather be gassed after ten mins than dancing like a chicken after two minutes...
    mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    RDA is just been an asshat and trying to get the fight with Conor.

Indeed. Doubt Conor will be eyeing up that fight now though, Edward all the way I reckon...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Myrddin wrote: »
    Indeed. Doubt Conor will be eyeing up that fight now though, Edward all the way I reckon...

That's if Alvarez has the belt by the time Conor gets to him, I don't see him holding it for very long, especially with Khabib gunning for him.

I think it should be McGregor v Aldo 2 just to close out the chapter on FW and shut Aldo up/ everyone whinging about not defending his belt. If the Conor from this fight goes in against Aldo, he'll starch him again.

Then up to LW, challenge for the belt, hopefully win and then drop the FW one having held both at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    He's a gas man

https://twitter.com/mma_gifs_/status/767851615600664576

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

ASOT wrote: »
    It's up now on fight pass for whoever still has it!

Thanks for that.
    Fight pass on the web is viewable but on the app is still showing as PPV :(
    WTF :mad:

McGregor via Submission
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    He's a gas man

John Kavanagh was talking about that on the MMA Hour.

He said that he was shouting to Conor: "Stick to the Game plan" and Nate said:

https://twitter.com/John_Kavanagh/status/767882299048284160

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Conor was a bit gassed here and there, but so what. He weathered that storm and finished the bout. He is competing in a ridiculously tough cardio event.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,770 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

it's on TV3 or E3 tonight I think. Caught half the trailer..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Diaz via Decision
    TV3 at 10.30pm, Id say itll take me an hour to watch 25 minutes with all the rewinding the best bits.

Watched it again last night and noticed that at no stage did Conor engage in any antics, Nate was the only one doing any talking during the fight. When Nate made gestures Conor never re-acted. This must have been part of the gameplan, he was solely focused on the win and wouldnt let himself get dragged into anything that upset that focus.

Great to hear Dillon Danis on the MMA hour saying he would love to transfer to the UFC. He was a huge part of Conors camp and the two of them sparred for up to 45 minutes straight at a time. Hopefully he will join SBG, it might even be an opportunity for them to establish a foothold in New York. Danis said he would fight Nate Diaz anytime he wants after Diaz called him out in the post fight presser, we could have another epic fight on our hands soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Nate would kill him though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Diaz via Submission
    I thought he was pure bjj. Has he ever fought in mma?

McGregor via Submission

I have to think the sight of Hendo (who picked Diaz) set off the "They all doubt me!!" shouting. This pic is the instant he shouted it.

395083.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Just watched Alvarez v RDA. Havnt seen a tonne of Alvarez but what are the general thoughts here about him v conor? I'd be worried enough!

McGregor via Submission
    Eddie will get KO'd in the 1st or 2nd round but not before doing his best to hug the life out of Conor.

McGregor via Submission

Yeah, but RDA just posted that one tweet for the whole of 202 and has said nothing since. You'd understand the tweet if it was one of many things he said while watching the fights but for that to be all he said just makes him look like he was ready to sneer at McGregor losing.

Aldo did the same of course in March:

https://twitter.com/josealdojunior/status/706364722719952896

• Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor via Submission
    Nate would kill him though.

In an MMA fight yeah sure. But in an grappling match I'd give Dillon the edge.
    A grappling match is more likely to happen imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Diaz via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,075 ✭✭✭joeguevara

darced wrote: »

Big John was asked "Was there any stage did you ask Conor was he ok to continue" His reply was "No!".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Diaz via Submission

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Yeah, but RDA just posted that one tweet for the whole of 202 and has said nothing since. You'd understand the tweet if it was one of many things he said while watching the fights but for that to be all he said just makes him look like he was ready to sneer at McGregor losing.

Aldo did the same of course in March:

True,I take your point that it being his only tweet of the night makes it look like he was waiting in the wings to take the pi$$

I just thought it was a little ott taking exception to a tweet that said what most people watching were thinking at the time.

Advertisement