Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

The 2nd one I remember watching live and thinking that defo hurt Nate. You don't often see a Diaz backup like that. I remember Diaz said after the fight that Conor hit hard for a little guy, meaning he hurt him at some stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

https://twitter.com/John_Kavanagh/status/748622018195644416

Kavanagh up to his usual attention seeking can you imagine Greg Jackson or Firas at this rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    I wonder of that means Artem got a spot on the card as well, maybe against a 209er.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Gamebred wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/John_Kavanagh/status/748622018195644416

Kavanagh up to his usual attention seeking can you imagine Greg Jackson or Firas at this rubbish.

What's wrong with that tweet?

JustTheOne wrote: »
    What's wrong with that tweet?

Its to get people begging him for some info,he wont be announcing anything so its just pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Tim means against Strickland?

Is that what hes talking about?

Its hardly artem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,657 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

From Kavanagh on Twitter.
    #UFC202 just got a whole lot more intense....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Submission
    Garbrandt vs Mizugaki just announced by Sholler. Nice!!!!

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Was that not announced last week? coulda sworn I read about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Diaz via Submission
    Was that not announced last week? coulda sworn I read about it.

Another ko for Cody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

McGregor via Submission
    I'd say Gunni might have got on it.

Actually it was Cleveland it was reported to be on,would take 202 over 200 now I think if I had to pick.

McGregor via Submission
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Actually it was Cleveland it was reported to be on,would take 202 over 200 now I think if I had to pick.

Nah was always UFC202. Caraway turned down a fight with Cody at 203. Seems strange given he's from Ohio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

Would Artem or Gunnar getting on the card make it a whole lot more intense? sounds to me like its something to do with Conor,i am sure we will find out in time.

He done it to keep attention on the card while brock and the ufc 200 lads were doing a live conference call at the time,imo,

Too late for Gunner surely or cant be left any later to start his training camp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

He done it to keep attention on the card while brock and the ufc 200 lads were doing a live conference call at the time,imo,

Too late for Gunner surely or cant be left any later to start his training camp?

Sounds about right,think they are probably hoping to outsell 200 and like you say keeping the card in the news is part of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Diaz via Decision
    Can only mean one thing... It's obviously now a ladder match.

The news is Ido Portal is co main v Cm Punk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

The news is Ido Portal is co main v Cm Punk.

If Ido Portal is cleared to fight then there is something very wrong with the commission. The guy literally exudes cowardice and vulnerability and he could very well be killed by a single punch. Ido Portal is a dancer, he is not a fighter, he is not even a good dancer. He excels mainly at ****ty dancing and bull****tery of which he is a black belt.

The guy has no business being outside a cage let alone in one! He is an utter stain on humanity and a cess poll of unfiltered **** on the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

WarZ wrote: »
    If Ido Portal is cleared to fight then there is something very wrong with the commission. The guy literally exudes cowardice and vulnerability and he could very well be killed by a single punch. Ido Portal is a dancer, he is not a fighter, he is not even a good dancer. He excels mainly at ****ty dancing and bull****tery of which he is a black belt.

The guy has no business being outside a cage let alone in one! He is an utter stain on humanity and a cess poll of unfiltered **** on the UFC.

Hear hear. About time someone spoke out against him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

ah warz ye've jumped the shark :(

McGregor via Submission
    I'd say Ido Portal would beat CM Punk!

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I'd say Ido Portal would beat CM Punk!

I would genuinely pay to see it tbh,neither have experience so its actually fairer than Punk V Gall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Lads, this is the mc gregor thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 219 ✭✭JinkyJackson

Lads, this is the mc gregor thread

Ido is probably the most crucial member of McGregors team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Gunnar vs Nick?

The UFC often put a few SBG fighters on the same card. Probably won't be against Nick but adding Gunnar to the card would be savage. Wonder might they add Ais or Makwan to the prelims too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

McGregor via Submission
    Mod: Folks give it a rest on the Portal stuff - its becoming trolling at this point on the other thread no need to start it here. Warning given and that applies to everyone, move on.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100216114&postcount=5387

McGregor via Submission

If the UFC told him a few weeks ago which is a possibility it'd be in time. Looks to be set now anyway. Only fight that makes sense ranking wise would be Saffiedine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Looks like Artem will have fight news soon too as per his Twitter

Advertisement