Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 Event Thread: Diaz v McGregor 2 (Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

If Artem loses this badly is it highly likely he will be cut?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

McGregor via Submission
    WarZ wrote: »

Most definitely. 0-3 is not a good look with an overall record of more losses than wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Diaz via Submission
    WarZ wrote: »

If he loses in anyway he'd be cut I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

See in the paper this morning that McGregor is flying over Conor Wallace(the amateur boxer he was sparring in SBG a couple of weeks ago) for his 7 week camp in America.

Good to see he's training with similar body types in preparation for Nate.

<mod:edited>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

TimRiggins wrote: »
    If the UFC told him a few weeks ago which is a possibility it'd be in time. Looks to be set now anyway. Only fight that makes sense ranking wise would be Saffiedine.

Yeah hes the only one who makes sense in the rankings that isnt matched up,lorenz larkin another name I seen mentioned,its that or a big 155er coming up so who knows really.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

Never seen Chris Avila fight before but on paper at least it looks a very winnable fight for Artem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

McGregor via KO/TKO
    newbbieb wrote: »
    Never seen Chris Avila fight before but on paper at least it looks a very winnable fight for Artem.

That's exactly what people said about Alex White...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I really like Artem but if he can't string a win together from Ryan Hall, Alex White or Chris Avila then there's nothing else that needs to be said. Even if he wins against Avila, he's still a loss away from being cut I'd imagine which is fair enough all things considered.

He doesn't seem to take it seriously enough anyway. From reading Kavanagh's book, he told a story about how Artem was guzzling a 2 litre bottle of Fanta the night before a weigh-in after spending hours in the sauna trying to shed weight and then there's the one about Artem going on the piss with McGregor and co after the Mendes fight which resulted in him being stuck in bed with a hangover less than 48 hours before the fight to get into the TUF house.

From the outside he seems like a great guy and a top teammate, but that alone is not going to get you a long career in the UFC. He should beat Avila, but he also should have beaten Alex White. I hope he does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

McGregor via Submission
    Link to the UFC 202 "tickets on sale" presser on Thursday is up:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib05WP7JOmU

I assume Conor and Nate will be in attendance?

• Advertisement

On a slightly different note does anyone know is the earlier weigh ins protocol from now on for every event?

If so i would imagine that makes Conors task even more difficult.

On a slightly different note does anyone know is the earlier weigh ins protocol from now on for every event?

If so i would imagine that makes Conors task even more difficult.

Nate will come in bigger reguardless dont think hes the type to look like ubereem after rehydrating,

It will help him make 145 easier anyways thats for sure.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Nate will come in bigger reguardless dont think hes the type to look like ubereem after rehydrating,

It will help him make 145 easier anyways thats for sure.

Hes meant to be looking pretty big,listened to Chael comment on the fight somewhere recently and the guy he was talking to reckoned Nate was close to 210 pounds and looking ripped too,while 210 might be a stretch i think it speaks to Nate being pretty big here and with the extra time for rehydrating the difference when they step in the cage could be worse than i even expected.

Hes meant to be looking pretty big,listened to Chael comment on the fight somewhere recently and the guy he was talking to reckoned Nate was close to 210 pounds and looking ripped too,while 210 might be a stretch i think it speaks to Nate being pretty big here and with the extra time for rehydrating the difference when they step in the cage could be worse than i even expected.

210? you'd know chael came out with that rubbish be surprised if hes north of 185 tbh,Conor is Probably 170 now from my uneducated guess.

210? you'd know chael came out with that rubbish be surprised if hes north of 185 tbh,Conor is Probably 170 now from my uneducated guess.

If it was Chael that said it yea i wouldn't pay any heed but it was some journalist i believe who had just seen Nate recently who said it,not Chael.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor via Submission
    If it was Chael that said it yea i wouldn't pay any heed but it was some journalist i believe who had just seen Nate recently who said it,not Chael.

Id be putting that journalist into the talking bollox category also in that case.

Mellor wrote: »
    Id be putting that journalist into the talking bollox category also in that case.

Yeah i am not saying he is right but i think if people are noticing him bigger and buffer maybe it speaks to how much weight he is possibly gonna cut and the extra time to rehydrate is only gonna be another advantage in Nates favour.

Will be interesting to see him at the presser on Thursday i think the size difference will be clear to see if they do a stare down.

McGregor via Submission
    Yeah i am not saying he is right but i think if people are noticing him bigger and buffer maybe it speaks to how much weight he is possibly gonna cut and the extra time to rehydrate is only gonna be another advantage in Nates favour.

Will be interesting to see him at the presser on Thursday i think the size difference will be clear to see if they do a stare down.
    There's a very limited about of weight Nate could stick on naturally in 5 months. He might be slightly bigger as he has some advance notice of a fight at 170. But in order to be 210lbs now he'd need to be fat as fcuk now or juicing like crazy.

Mellor wrote: »
    There's a very limited about of weight Nate could stick on naturally in 5 months. He might be slightly bigger as he has some advance notice of a fight at 170. But in order to be 210lbs now he'd need to be fat as fcuk now or juicing like crazy.

He was actually saying he walks around 210 pounds,not that he was 210 right now,but that right now he is looking very big and ripped,in that case its not hard to imagine him making a decent sized WW with a 5 month window,

Conor is a LW and probably on the small side at LW when you consider the likes of Khabib or Ferguson who i think are too big for Conor,and he is gonna struggle badly with either.Nate can easily be a good Sized WW.

There is absolutely no chance Nate walks around at 210 ffs hes a lightweight Michael Bisping would be hardly that weight walking round,Nate does triathlons for fun on the weekends not a hope in hell hes anywhere north of 185.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

its 209 lads.......seriously!

There is absolutely no chance Nate walks around at 210 ffs hes a lightweight Michael Bisping would be hardly that weight walking round,Nate does triathlons for fun on the weekends not a hope in hell hes anywhere north of 185.

Wasn't saying i believe he is,but i definitely believe he walks around 190ish getting down to 55 from 190 is what most of them do nowadays.

Khabib,RDA,Chiesa,Cerrone albeit he is not a LW anymore but they are all on record of walking around north of 190.Nate is a big LW,so given 5 months prep i don't find it hard to believe he is 190 right now,20 pound cut is easy for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Diaz via Submission
    Rumour has it Nate walks around at 270 but because he runs triathlons he can shed the weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Submission
    ASOT wrote: »
    Rumour has it Nate walks around at 270 but because he runs triathlons he can shed the weight.

I heard most of the weight is from his adamantium skull and hand bones though...

McGregor via Submission
    He was actually saying he walks around 210 pounds,not that he was 210 right now,

:confused::confused:
    If he's not 210lbs right now, when exactly was he supposedly walking around at 210lbs?

There's a massive difference between 190lbs and 210lbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

The highlight event of UFC 200 week kicks off in seven hours (7:30pm).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

15 minutes, wonder if Conor will mention Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

ShaneU wrote: »
    15 minutes, wonder if Conor will mention Jones

It'll probably be the first question him and Nate are asked.
    I guess Conor will probably be more diplomatic about it, Nate will just go with the usual 'We've told you they're all on steroids' but I would like a 'I'm not surprised mother****ers.'

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Come on lads, the football starts at 8!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I hope I'm wrong, but I was worried before their last fight more than any previous, and have a genuine feeling that Nate is going to slap the sh*t out of McGregor here.

Advertisement